PDA

View Full Version : Factory honda hopup kit

Leschj03
12-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Is the factory hopup kit from honda worth the 300 bucks, or is it better to just get a aftermarket k&n and jet kit?

kazpr
12-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Well with the HRC kit you will get a pretty nice cam. Need to ask what kinda riding you will be doing with it also. The hrc cam is a mid to top cam. More top than mid. Hope that helps :)

Leschj03
12-10-2004, 06:29 PM
i live in southwest iowa and i ride alot of fields with large tarris jumping and go into the woods ever so often. we have a perty kick butt track between like 3 diff field about 30 acres and there are so cool jumps over water ways and stuff like that.

twisted threads
12-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Once you put a HRC kit in there and a full system you will be very happy with the performance of the bike....... I think the HRC kit alone is good also.:cool:

quadmxracer
12-11-2004, 08:20 AM
Hey Leschj03 where from in SW Iowa im in Stanton and was curious where you live?

-Clayton

Moto92
12-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
Well with the HRC kit you will get a pretty nice cam. Need to ask what kinda riding you will be doing with it also. The hrc cam is a mid to top cam. More top than mid. Hope that helps :)

So is that to say the HRC cam isnt really suited for mx racing? Id much rather have bottom end that speed. Would it be better to go with a Hotcams cam.

300racer
12-11-2004, 05:15 PM
I run xc with the hrc kit and I love it! I also run on a mx track and I have no problems with it at all but I have not raced a mx yet i just fool around on the mx track I have not tried runnin it hard on the mx track. hey fearthisracer I have seen you posted alot under this trx 450r forum are you plannin on gettin a 450?

Moto92
12-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Yeah I hope to have a 450 by the time mx starts up again come spring. I see your from SI. What track do you ride at?

300racer
12-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by fearthisracer
Yeah I hope to have a 450 by the time mx starts up again come spring. I see your from SI. What track do you ride at? I ride at king city in mt. vernon i'm sure you prolly been there since that is where your from. I am from centralia I tried to go ride at marion but they was closed when we went and they was workin on the mx track but it looked a little big for me. I normally race h.s. at casey but next year my buddie and I are going to race at south central mx in salem a couplt times .

Leschj03
12-13-2004, 02:45 PM
im from avoca iowa, i went to AHST highschool and graduated in 03 i think we played you guys in football sophmore and junior year, stanton vikings right.