PDA

View Full Version : LRD 330 Kit Good or Bad? Vs. CT 330 kit?

bullet
12-10-2004, 05:37 AM
How is the LRD 330 Kit? I am interested to know if anyone has this and would comment on it? Does anyone have problems with this? let me know. Also What would my R Be like against the new four strokes with this? Let me know thanks

pcemkr
12-11-2004, 07:09 AM
CT is rough on the rider, meaning the power is awesome but comes in all at once. Most of the guys I know like the Duncan for being strong all the way through. I haven't used the LRD

beerock
12-11-2004, 01:45 PM
I dont agree with the previous post, i have ridden over 5 ct motored R's and the power was smooth all the way to the top.

there both good choices, but i garauntee youll pay more for the lrd 330

pcemkr
12-11-2004, 03:03 PM
Hey, everyone has their own opinion, that was just mine and a couple of buddies, I am not trying to dispute anyone, if it works for you ride it

beerock
12-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by pcemkr
Hey, everyone has their own opinion, that was just mine and a couple of buddies, I am not trying to dispute anyone, if it works for you ride it

your right, i wasnt trying to butt heads with you, im just saying that ive ridden a fair amount of ct motors and they have a very wide powerband. there not "pipey" like my worked 265.

baker250r
12-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Not to sound like a knob.... but what does the saying "pipey" mean... i hear it alot...

beerock
12-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by baker250r
Not to sound like a knob.... but what does the saying "pipey" mean... i hear it alot...

pipey means if its not on the pipe it doesnt have much power. another words you have to keep it on the pipe to stay in the meat of the power. did that help?:)

brokenbones
12-11-2004, 09:32 PM
well this is just my 2 cents i own a duncan and an esr non bolt on 330 i have rode ct and lrd and if your money is going out for these look at the a couple of things arlan hardley builds any of lrds stuff anymore since he sold the shop to those yoyos and ct has a few good engine builders i was told i have ridden plenty of good cts but if you go to esr or duncan you get excellent customer support

duncan is a little slower on turn around then esr but both very worth while looking into

brokenbones

pcemkr
12-12-2004, 08:32 AM
My CT 350 pulls hard from the bottom to the top, but the power really comes in hard at about 2/3 throttle. A buddy of mine is running a Duncan 340 PV and it pulls the same all the way up with no real hard hit. For what I use it for it is really noticeable, if you ride sand I would think it wouldn't be as noticeable anyway I"m dropping back to a Duncan 265 which will hopefully suit my riding style and conditions better

250rpilot
12-12-2004, 08:54 AM
i have an esr 330 powervalve, and i love it. great customer service, super fast turnaround times, all the advice you could ask for.

all in all, a big thumbs up to ESR from me!

ESR350r
12-13-2004, 10:54 AM
Even though ESR was not listed in the original post i would go with them. When i got my 330 kit from them I could call them and tell them the problem I had and they would tell me 3 or 4 things to adjust. It was very helpful and was alot better then messing with a bunch of things. My 330 stroked is a great motor. It has low end grunt and when you hit the band it is a monster. I am sure most of the kits are pretty close to each other. Alot of the performance depends on the port job you get, and this may be the reason for some of the posts made. I think when you are looking at a motor you should look at dependability, customer service, and cost. You can get it ported and tuned for your individual needs from the manufacturer.