PDA

View Full Version : fcr wont idle 39mm

sheekiller
12-10-2004, 05:03 AM
new fcr 39mm runs good in every way but wont idle any help

NacsMXer
12-10-2004, 06:01 AM
I actually just had the same problem over the summer and couldn't figure it out. It was a big pain because I would always have to be feathering the throttle or it would die, I'm sure you know how it is:rolleyes: . So anyways I thought I had my idle adjustment up as far as it would go because it would not turn anymore. Well, check that idle adjustment again because a couple weeks ago I was a little pissed so I gave it one more good crank and it actually had more adjustment that I did'nt know I had. Now the quad has run its best I've ever seen. It's a damn trick I tell you, the idle screw gets really tight like its done turning, but there's still some go to it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you so you hopefully save some frustration. :o

cals400ex
12-10-2004, 11:18 AM
what pilot jet you running? i woudl take all the jets out and clean the carb really well along with the jets. i would also get an adjustable fuel screw, this helps tuning in the bike when the carb is on the bike. make sure you don't have any cracks in the air boots and also make sure the air boots are on the carb and head tight.

witti
12-10-2004, 11:43 AM
my friends 400ex hardly idle with his fcr. He adjusted the pilot screw and it idles now.

sandspanker
12-20-2004, 12:06 AM
Maybe you better get rid of the carb,you can sent it to me.lol