PDA

View Full Version : Advantages of a Rev Box

markk
12-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Ok I was givin a rev box last winter when I built my quad up. But when i got eveything going i went from a stock 400ex, To a pretty well built 416, So what really are all the advantages of a rev box on a 400ex. I heard that they advance the spark a touch and everything is that true?

beak7707
12-09-2004, 11:11 PM
I think some change the timing and others dont. But of course the main point is to raise or remove the rev limiter. I know on my beast of a 300 I used to have I always hit the rev limiter after I built it up. So if you have a high rev cam or you are bumping the limiter much, it would be worth throwing on there.

TC426EX
12-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Youll definitley want to invest in a new CDI box for your bike. A rev box will not only allow you to rev out over 1000 extra rpms, but will also offer a more aggressive ignition curve as well most of the time. This has been posted on many times, but to keep it short, the only 2 companies you should be looking at for a Rev box is TC racing or GT Thunder... Do a search on rev* boxes and youll see the reasons why these 2 are better than everything else. Just dont waste your money on a white brother box or one of those ones on ebay...