PDA

View Full Version : adjusting suspension

zman03
12-09-2004, 08:49 PM
I have a 03 z400 and installed some 450r shocks on it....I've noticed ever since i put the 450r shocks on i can turn as well as i used to with the stock z400 shocks. I mean when i turned with the stock shocks i would turn fine i would keep all 4 tires on the ground. Now with the 450r shocks it seems like the bike wants to go on two wheels. i'm leaning the same and all, what is it that i need to adjust on my shocks. the rings on the shock are all the way up. ( i think that is the preload)

help me out

cdalejef
12-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Its because swaping shocks from one model to another does not work, valving, spring rates and stroke lenghts are all different. Put your stockers back on or get a set of aftermarket shocks thats setup for you and your perticular quad.

TBD
12-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Jeff is right that it doesn't always work swapping shocks from one model to another but in this case the two models that you are dealing with have very similar geometry(leverage ratios). I would suggest trying to adjust the preload. If there is not enough spring force on the front shocks it will have a tendency to lift the inside rear tire. Try about 10mm of preload.