PDA

View Full Version : Flag Holder

Ken Klosterman
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Got a small problem - I'm getting tired of getting wacked in the back of the helmet with my flag. The one I have has the spring on it and it lets it swing forward way too far. I've heard of the flag holders that your just slide the flag down in to them. Anybody have good luck with one?? Let me know who sells them too if you could. A picture would be cool also.

Thanks!! :p

LazeR
12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
I have really good luck with them, the only company i know that makes them is Rip Rod, (prolly because there made in yoncalla :o ) but i don't really care for Rip Rods cause there to stiff....another company makes them, and there more limber and don't break as easy! I've never had mine just break while riding or going under low trees or anything. The ones i like have the screw thats split on the end and when you tighten the nut it tightens against the flag and holds it in place, sorry i dont know the name :ermm:

JOEX
12-09-2004, 10:18 PM
I have one from Cascade-Innovations, a local company out this way;) Works great!

LazeR
12-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I have one from Cascade-Innovations, a local company out this way;) Works great!

Joex you might know the flags im talking about. Basically the only ones besides rip rods, have the triangle type flag, with all the different sayings and quad guys on them and stuff ?

EPDP99
12-09-2004, 10:33 PM
a buddy of mine has the cascade one and he likes it. as for the whip hitting you you need to get the bigger sized whip which will aslo need the bigger release. another buddy picks those kind up from trinity racing since he lives near them but I have been unable to find them on their website. so i am going to have him pick me up one from them.

Dextreme
12-14-2004, 10:16 AM
I know lot of people that have the Cascade one and like it, but many of them are now getting the one from Maxbillet. I haven't personally tried it since I have steel whips.

http://www.maxbillet.net/products/flaghldr.jpg

EPDP99
12-14-2004, 11:24 AM
that looks just like the one trinity is making but the trinity comes with the fatter whip setup and whip

jeepcj5nut
12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
JLatv sells the flag holders that are pictured above.

Clicky Clicky (http://www.jlatvproducts.com/catalog/index.htm)
Then you have to scroll down to flag holders.

I have ordered from them in the past and was very pleased with their service and prices.

Good luck,
Shawn

E-ATV-Racing
12-24-2004, 04:28 PM
I like my Pop-it flag. If you happen to hit it when climbing on , falling off, wheeling over backwards, etc. it just pops off and can be put right back on.

Go to Yahoo and do a search "ATV Flag" "Pop-it"

airheadedduner
01-03-2005, 09:21 AM
I just use a CB antenne welded to a rip rod flag base. That thing has seen MANY violent crashes is which the rider did not walk away and is still intact:p It does have several spots were it is kinked from being bent strait again though:ermm:

EPDP99
01-24-2005, 12:13 AM
my information was incorrect. Trinity doesnt make the flag mounts. They are made by stiffy and chaparral carries them.

SHOCKER
01-24-2005, 05:58 PM
get teh R.I.S. designs one, its the best hands down