PDA

View Full Version : Rev Box

fast440
04-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Anyone know of a rev box that works on a high compression motor My White Brothers does not It will crank and crank and crank As soon as i plug the stock one in it fires right up , ANY HELP appreciated. Thanks

Sick0
04-21-2002, 06:14 PM
Mine did the same thing and my 400 is pretty much stock. The rev boxs are junk. Its not because of the 440 kit its the cdi box. Do like I did and sell it.:devil

TrxTex
04-21-2002, 06:34 PM
I just got my motor all put together and installed the rev box last. I started it up with the stock box and ran it around for the first part of the break in. After the second run....I put the rev box on and it fire right up from cold. I bought the Magnum rev limiter....not the white brothers. So far I am pleased with how it starts.

No problems here....yet.

NDrider
04-21-2002, 06:51 PM
I have to agree with Sick0. I also sold mine. ;)

optikid123
04-21-2002, 06:52 PM
the problem is where u live-how hot it is

the guy that said it works lives in texas so it may be warmer than where u live those aftermarket rev limiters are really a pian to start in the cold i hear

Tlongs400
04-21-2002, 06:53 PM
just leave the stock on the bike

Sick0
04-21-2002, 07:27 PM
Most of my problems were in the winter. But I had the problem when it was warmer out. And the box does help anything. The engine stops making power before the stocks CDI cuts. So theres no need for that box anyways.:devil

TrxTex
04-21-2002, 09:28 PM
I bought the rev limiter not because it would rev higher. I bought it because it is supposed to have a more aggressive ignition curve than the stock. It claims to help low end and midrange......I really dont know......

I have yet to really test this thing out. I may hate it as you do. I just figured while the wife was letting me spend money then why not? I do know that they work well on the XR400.

Oh...BTW.....its not always hot in Texas....LOL! In Amarillo we get cold fronts blowing down off the Rockies....negative degrees sometimes. And the wind speeds average 20mph. Gets pretty cold. In the summer it rarely reaches 100......hahaha...kinda hot.

ChadEXer
04-22-2002, 08:48 AM
Dont you just love the good ole state of TX!!!!