PDA

View Full Version : Kfab products

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Just wondering if anyone here has there nerfs?? And if so, how you like them?? I didnt see any pricing... I left them an email and phone message, but havent heard back from them yet . Im needing to get LilQJ aset and Im just cheecking whats out there with heel guards... Sure isnt alot if heel guards for these lil guys... :ermm:

http://www.kfabproducts.com/products.cfm?prodline=1

little50
12-09-2004, 05:48 AM
I don't have the nerfs from k-fab, but at the track I saw a set on a kasea, It looked very nice, it seemed to be sized better for the mini's than the AC nerfs.
For my eton, I have the ac nerfs with the heel guards, but it costed me an extra 150.00 to have them welded on, with the k-fab for the eton you could cut out your running board and use the stubs to connect the new nerfs, if I remember correctly.

I bought a front bumper from k-fab, looks great on the eton and fit perfect, I also have a-arms on order, we will have to wait and see how they turn out.

Tony

mxmike17
12-09-2004, 06:25 AM
You have to weld tabs on for the k fab nerfs. The thing I like about them is they conect to the frame at 3 points. The look real sturdy also. We plan on going with them:)

little50
12-09-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by mxmike17
You have to weld tabs on for the k fab nerfs. The thing I like about them is they conect to the frame at 3 points. The look real sturdy also. We plan on going with them:)

That's what I thought at first, but after talking to kenny about them , he said the eton nerfs were made were you could use the existing stubs off the floor boards, maybe I'm wrong ?

Tina, try email with k-fab, kenny is extremely busy, but he usually gets back to me the next day.

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by little50
That's what I thought at first, but after talking to kenny about them , he said the eton nerfs were made were you could use the existing stubs off the floor boards, maybe I'm wrong ?

Tina, try email with k-fab, kenny is extremely busy, but he usually gets back to me the next day. I did send him an Email yesterday :) Hopefully he will get back with me soon.. I would like the get them iin time for xmas for the Kasea. then in time, maybe for the Eton as well!
So... Do they mount basically the same on the Kasea as the Eton ?
I thought there products looked pretty trick... :cool:

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 08:45 AM
I got in touch with him today... I am going be doing a product review on these nerfs as soon as he can get a set made for me :)
Im going to do some pics ans what it took to install them

mxmike17
12-09-2004, 09:38 AM
im not shure about the ones for the E-Ton. The ones I seen are on an Extreme and had 3 tabs welded on.

Wait to ya see one of his alum swing arms:cool: pure ART!

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by mxmike17
im not shure about the ones for the E-Ton. The ones I seen are on an Extreme and had 3 tabs welded on.

Wait to ya see one of his alum swing arms:cool: pure ART! ohhh.... I saw the pics of all the stuff he makes and my ole man was DROOLIN over that Swinger!!! :blah: :macho :cool:

I cant wait to get the nerfs.. My girl is going to be sooooo excited!!! Hopefully they will arrive before the holidays :)

BradLoomis
12-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Everything Kenny builds are out of this world. He doesn't take any shortcuts and charges accordingly. Unfortunately he doesn't take any shortcuts and is usually way behind in making his stuff. But it WILL be worth the wait.

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
Everything Kenny builds are out of this world. He doesn't take any shortcuts and charges accordingly. Unfortunately he doesn't take any shortcuts and is usually way behind in making his stuff. But it WILL be worth the wait. fortunatly....... My wait wont be long.......... :D :)
Glad to hear all the positive about his products, I look forward to doing the review...

markvette
12-09-2004, 09:09 PM
i have installed 2 sets of k-fab nerfs. they are like the ac's and have to have tabs welded on the frame. i was at kenny's shop about 3 weeks ago with billy holt. he is now one of bubba's sponsors. if you install a pipe on a eton the stock floor boards have to be removed anyway. only pipe that will work without removing the floor boards is the wrh pipe and they are hard to get.

Mark

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by markvette
i have installed 2 sets of k-fab nerfs. they are like the ac's and have to have tabs welded on the frame. i was at kenny's shop about 3 weeks ago with billy holt. he is now one of bubba's sponsors. if you install a pipe on a eton the stock floor boards have to be removed anyway. only pipe that will work without removing the floor boards is the wrh pipe and they are hard to get.

Mark Wed actually found a way to keep the stock floor boards with the pipe on our Eton., it took a few changes but nothing big!!!...... :D I perosnally like the floorboards on the Eton myself,its just not much for foot slip ,its the Kasea thats lacking the most for protection IMO.
I have to say, Kenny was VERY nice and was very pleasant to talk with..

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 09:16 PM
BTW... Did you find a new Case yet Markvette???

markvette
12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
kenny is a really nice guy and can build some awesome stuff. on the pipe it can be done. i did it once. cut out a piece of the bar it hits and then slid a smaller diamater piece insude of it and welded it back together. no cases yet but found them and will probably get them next week.

Mark