PDA

View Full Version : Kansas riders

pharit
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Where are some good places to ride at? Anyone know of any races that go on in northeast kansas or anything like that? just lookin if anyone is around me

5valves
12-09-2004, 02:29 PM
No XC racing for quads in ks. There are a few places that have tt or oval racing. I was thinking that thunder alley up by meata (sp) might have some tt type quad races.

Dragoon creek. has motocross. there season is over.
I go to MO nad race harescrambles.

chazekxt
12-29-2004, 08:38 PM
we ride at john redmond near burlington ks.

spud400ex
12-31-2004, 11:25 PM
i ride at john redmond bout everyother week. another good place is by coucil grove, not big but has some good climbs.

pharit
01-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Well me and my buddys went to Perry lake ATV area last weekend on new years eve all day. i had the day off work so we all loaded up and went down there a lil muddy but it was awesome haven;t gotten to ride for ever and was the first time out there and those rocks beat the **** outta me, But i;d like to find some new places to ride. but burlington isn;t that far from me nore is concil grove. but just wondering if any of you guys hit up perry on new years eve

spud400ex
01-04-2005, 06:52 PM
the place by burlington is pretty good sized place, not much for hillclimbs. ive been wanting to go to perry and will hopefully make it up when the weather gets nicer, how big is perry, andy good hill climbs.

KSmotoXer15
01-05-2005, 02:08 PM
****, i gotta start coming here more often.

Im Buddy, i know a few ppl may know me, but some may not.

If you're looking for MX type riding, Thunderhill MX Park in Mayetta KS has one of the better track layouts. Jason Magnett is a drack designer and builder. Jumps include 2 stepups, one fairly small, the other is pretty good sized, 4 table tops, ranging from 35 to 90 feet, a couple doubles, one is very tricky, going back into the woods. It also has a 40 man starting gate, and a nice tower.

Dragoon MX Park in Lyndon KS isnt a bad track, its more for the beginner/novice riders. Richard and Juanita Basinger run it, and from what i have heard, are making some seious changes to it during this offseason.

If you would like to see some footage from the tracks, go to www.extremeoff-road.com click on downloads, then videos...look for 'The Callous Conspiracies' those are our videos that we have taken from races and open practices

I rode a Perry a few months ago. Im not much of a trail person. Plus I was riding a DS650. I hit a rock, and hit my chest on the bars pretty hard, and it cracked my chest protector.

If any of ya wanna hit me up and go riding, im generally free, unless I at a race. my e-mail is callous_productions@hotmail.com and my cell # is 785-608-1882

I live in Topeka KS, and I ride a TRX450R

Peace

Buddy Grandstaff-#15

bansheeke
01-05-2005, 02:16 PM
milford lake near junction city puts perry to shame. Much better area than perry. less rocky, lots of hillclimbs and a much bigger overall area. have not been to jon redmond, but i may come and check it out when the weather gets better.

KSmotoXer15
01-05-2005, 02:58 PM
I was out at School Creek over the 4th of July.

Im a MX racer, so I dont do many trails.

One of my friends works at Brooks Yamaha in Manhattan, and hes always out at Milford if hes not racing

Late
Buddy

pharit
01-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah the original plan was to go out to milford but my buddy mike had to go to the ER for his chest pains but mike keeps tellin me Miford is the balls to go ride at so i;ve kinda been wanting to go.

Yeah i live on the right down the road from the lyndon track never road there, and someone was tellin me they had a test and tune night or an open day to go ride there, i always see dirt bikes in the back of truck heading that way. i;ve love to ride on a MX track may have to go down there and see whats up some sunday.

but hell ya i'll get ahold of you sometime buddy when i;m not doin **** i;m always up for a ride and **** like that but i;ll keep this thread alive a while but i'll post later i gotta go to dinner with some friends
Later

***EDIT***
Paola damn thats pretty close to my cousins town, he lives in oswatomie hell i;m down there about everyother weekend hangin out and go to paola to eat and hang out at the wal mart drunker than piss at 3 in the morning.

man crazy how many locals on here

spud400ex
01-07-2005, 08:09 PM
when redmond dries up some, let me know and ill meet ya out there. or at council grove.

shiftmx218
01-09-2005, 07:49 PM
hey pharit what part of topeka do u live in? i live in shawnee county you should some up and ride with me, buddy, and everyone else some weekend when its nice, later kk

pharit
01-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by shiftmx218
hey pharit what part of topeka do u live in? i live in shawnee county you should some up and ride with me, buddy, and everyone else some weekend when its nice, later kk

Well i don;t live in topeka i live on 75 high way in between lyndon and carbondale but topeka is like 10-15 mintues away depending on how fast i drive:devil: But hell ya i always up for a ride most of the guys i ride with just go duning and i;m all up for playing in the dirt. but hell ya hit me up on here and let me know or i can PM you and buddy my cell number if you want.

Let me know bro

KSmotoXer15
01-10-2005, 07:12 PM
yea dude, go ahead and PM me your number and ill save it into my phone...
we are looking at a trip to the dunes over Rattle Snake Weekend, but Spring Break would be much more convient for me and a couple friends, because im 16, and we're still in school.
There would be more boobs to see over RS weekend, but i cant really afford to miss much school.

peace

BORCH
[Bent On Riding for Cash and Honeys]

pharit
01-10-2005, 08:32 PM
16 i thought you guys would be older, i guess i'm the old guy here bein 21 anyway i can provide the beer and stufff AAAAAHHHH HA HA HA but anyway buddy i sent you a PM but idk if i;ll be around those weekens or over spring break depends on when i leave for basic training or how fast i wanna get all that **** done but i sent

Buddy sent you a PM

ShiftMX218 sent you a pm

shiftmx218
01-10-2005, 08:54 PM
yea hopefully when it dries up we can get some riding in, buddy what are u up to this weekend? and when are u gonna go to rattle snake do u knwo yet?laterkk

KSmotoXer15
01-10-2005, 08:54 PM
haha, im a youngin'...been racing MX for five years. if you're supplying beer, IM GAME!

basic training...errrr

i got your number in my phone, hit me up sometime

BORCH

nwaatvrc
01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
You guys might get with the Kansas ATV Association they have alot of info on places to ride. Their website is: www.katva.org

Also there is a nice area north of Coffeyville on the river to ride. Lots of great trails.

Check out our website for other riding areas: www.nwaatvrc.freehomepage.com

nwaatvrc
01-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Also tell me more on the riding area at John Redmon???? Is it on the SE side of the lake of where?????How big is it. i have a sister-in-laws that lives in Buffalo and I will check it out the next time I am there...

KSmotoXer15
01-11-2005, 02:08 PM
from the time i was 3 til i was 13, i was a member of the KATVA. On mothers day of 2001, i was told that if i was going to be racing motocross at Dragoon Creek Motocross Park, that i would no longer be a part of the KATVA. So i told my parents that MX was more fun than being told what i could or couldnt do.

Plus they cut kids off of the TT races at the local fair....kids on quads, not the kids on bikes. So me and my family moved on...

i kinda felt like i was just supposed to go along with it at first. the first time i seen the MX track, i wanted to race it....after finishing 2nd overall, out of 11...i wanted to keep it going. Now im 16, and i realized that the KATVA would have nothing but turn me into one of their 'sheep'
they didnt help or support me, so i just returned the favor

peace

Buddy

nwaatvrc
01-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I hate to hear that. The last time I was a member was in 92. and they were not like that. Sorry to hear that about them....

pharit
01-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I have to agree with buddy here never been a member but i think the club is total bull. i mean they have alot of member and places to ride and everything. but yeah i;ve never really been interested in joining,

Only thing i think its good for is the swap meet they have twice a year.

But buddy you gotta tell me how i get signed up to race MX at draggon i;m like 5 mintues from there no bull, infact i;ve actally walked there from my house before. lol

shiftmx218
01-12-2005, 02:33 PM
just show up on a sunday during the season, it costs 7 to get in and 25$ for entry fee its kinda bull but owell. the site is www.dragoonmotocross.com they should have the schedule up here in teh next month or so, its a fun track.

KSmotoXer15
01-12-2005, 03:44 PM
just show up on a sunday during the season, it costs 7 to get in and 25$ for entry fee its kinda bull but owell. the site is www.dragoonmotocross.com they should have the schedule up here in teh next month or so, its a fun track.

Kyle, $25 is pretty generous. the 'A' class at T-Hill is $35. and Pro class at Nationals is $100.

It's a fun track for a while, once you race on it a couple times, it kinda becomes routine. They track layout never really changes, and the jumps are pretty cake. I also ride/race at Thunderhill. AWESOME jumps if you're an adrenaline Junkie.

We actually will be making the trip to the dunes during spring break, just because i cant afford to miss much school.

I just scored a sponsorship yesterday from 661 and FMF/909...so the Fo Fitty will be loud as all hell soon...

peace

Buddy

pharit
01-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Awesome buddy, now you gotta tell me how to get some sponsorships, or if i;m even that good a rider to be considered for it. lol anyway i can;t wait to ride with some of you guys. the group i ride with is a bunch of cocky ****, that if they don;t got the fasted nicest bike they don;t ride and i think its all about how you ride.

KSmotoXer15
01-12-2005, 08:32 PM
riding is all about creativity, and having fun

if you take it too serious, things dont work out well

late

Buddy

yamahonda
01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by spud400ex
when redmond dries up some, let me know and ill meet ya out there. or at council grove. where is redmond and how do you get there??? is it free,big,details.. and council grove where is this place????is it big place.. how can i get there... i need places to ride besides perry which sucks .. and milford is awesome its just 2 and 1/2 hrs away..

5valves
01-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Jown Redmond is west of new strawn a couple of miles. (south of Beto Junction I-35 and 75 hwy).
ATV area is just west of the damm.
no hills, no trees.

pharit
01-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 5valves
Jown Redmond is west of new strawn a couple of miles. (south of Beto Junction I-35 and 75 hwy).
ATV area is just west of the damm.
no hills, no trees.

BETO JUNCTION thats a good place to eat when your wasted. Get there at 5 or 6 am and get the breakfast buffet and load up on biscuit gravy and scrambled eggs

yamahonda
01-15-2005, 05:04 PM
how big is Jown Redmond ??? and what kind of ring is there.. someone said no hills or trees... so is it just a big field???? is there a fee or just show up and ride????

spud400ex
01-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by yamahonda
how big is Jown Redmond ??? and what kind of ring is there.. someone said no hills or trees... so is it just a big field???? is there a fee or just show up and ride????

redmond has trees but not much for tight trails. riding is free. during the summer when the lake is down you can ride on the lake front, i usually flattrack around the lake front. nothing great but since i live about 15 minutes away i go there quite abit.

KSmotoXer15
01-15-2005, 05:40 PM
anyone ever ride MX or FMX???

chazekxt
01-15-2005, 06:11 PM
there is trees but it is some what flat there is some jumps like two of them one big one one small one when the water is real low there is some sand to play in.

gdkarma
01-16-2005, 02:24 AM
"Also there is a nice area north of Coffeyville on the river to ride. Lots of great trails."

Can someone fill me in on where this place is to ride? I live just North of Coffeyville, and don't know anywhere to ride out here. I have been at a place along the river a couple times, but nobody was around, and I wasn't sure if it was really a public place to ride or not. Is anyone else down in SE Kansas that knows of other places to meet up and ride, that isn't HOURS away?

pharit
01-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by KSmotoXer15
anyone ever ride MX or FMX???

I do a lil FMX

I just need a decent ramp and decent landing pad.

pharit
01-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Alright you guy have got me hooked again just like when i first started riding and its awesome now i got some serious questions i wanna ask you hopfully i can find some answers here

I have never raced in my life never at a track or anything. and i think i;m goin to try and do a little bit of it this year.

Anyway i have no idea what classes i should be in if i got to race i think i;m goin to try and hit up dragoon every time they have a race for ATV's and try to hit up Thunderhill as much as possible too. i plan on racing my 88R but i;m trying to get a guy to trade my 86R for his z400 so i;m just lookin for some advice on what to do.

Also do you guys ride in full gear. i mean i got a helmet boots googles and gloves. And that is it. Just wondering if u think i should get the jerseys and pants and some better boots. I plan on gettin better boots but i don;t wanna spend to much.

Thanks guys

god i;m glad i found this site

KSmotoXer15
01-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by pharit
Alright you guy have got me hooked again just like when i first started riding and its awesome now i got some serious questions i wanna ask you hopfully i can find some answers here

I have never raced in my life never at a track or anything. and i think i;m goin to try and do a little bit of it this year.

Anyway i have no idea what classes i should be in if i got to race i think i;m goin to try and hit up dragoon every time they have a race for ATV's and try to hit up Thunderhill as much as possible too. i plan on racing my 88R but i;m trying to get a guy to trade my 86R for his z400 so i;m just lookin for some advice on what to do.

Also do you guys ride in full gear. i mean i got a helmet boots googles and gloves. And that is it. Just wondering if u think i should get the jerseys and pants and some better boots. I plan on gettin better boots but i don;t wanna spend to much.

Thanks guys

god i;m glad i found this site

as far as classes, get some practice, and see what kinda ppl you are runnin with. find out what class they race, and race that class, thats what i did. unfortunately, Dragoon only has one class, its Open...so you have 250EX's running with YFZ450's. The only time there are 2 quad classes, is if there are a LOT of quads. in the first race of 03, there were 17 quads that showed up. They divided us up into 2 classes, A and B (fast and not-so-fast) Thunderhill has 3 quad classes 'C' 'B' or 'A' (beginner, intermediate, and pro)

if you are looking into getting a newer bike, i would say go with a 2004 TRX450R. for the 05's Honda went to a cheaper crankshaft bearing, and they are going out left and right. the Z400 has a weak frame, an absolute negative for MX riding, and is pretty well underpowered compared to the 450's. plus the TRX is sooooooooooo comfy, with nice power. though less bottom end compared to the YFZ, it is still extremely reliable.

With gear, i dont mess around, i have 2 sets of SHIFT gear, squadron and mach, and Alpinestar Tech 8 boots. I wear an HJC helmet, SHIFT knee pads, Dragon goggles, usually with 3 tear-offs.
gear is a big deal with me, i would rather spend 300 on a set of good boots, rather than pay a LOT more for ankle surgery.
a chest protector is a good investment, Dragoon has some small rocks, and if you get behind someone with a bunch of horsepower, they hurt like a mother________! i dont wear one because i cant move the way i need to with them...but i do recommend one.
a kidney belt is also a good deal, it helps support your lower-back which is nice when you're racing.

A-star Tech 8's-$320
Shift Mach Pants-$140
Shift Mach Jersey-$40
Shift Mach Gloves-$30
Shift Knee Pads-$8
HJC CLX-4 Fuel Helmet-$100-$150
Dragon MDX Goggles-$30

just kind of a rough figure....

one thing, a tether killswitch is needed on your quad at every track

if you have anymore questions, with like 250R setup tips or anything at all, hit me up...

late

Buddy

pharit
01-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Sweet man thanks, but i think i;m just goin to use my 250r until i get a 450r i;m trying to get rid of my 86 for 4 stroke. anyway i;ll try to hit you up on AIM sometime

later

KSmotoXer15
01-16-2005, 05:51 PM
i dont have AIM right now, my other computer burnt up, and im using a borrowed computer-rockin out with Windows 98...

I have MSN and Yahoo messengers though...

I got all kinds of R parts if you are looking for anything...shocks, a-arms, swingarm, axle
let me know

peace

Buddy Grandstaff
www.AKRAIX.com

chazekxt
01-16-2005, 07:02 PM
hey pharit u got a pm

pharit
01-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by chazekxt
hey pharit u got a pm

Naw i didn;t get one from you man

BTW Buddy i sent you a PM add me to your MSN

chazekxt
01-16-2005, 07:24 PM
what would take for your 86 r ? i have race ready 300ex for sell of trade let me know thanks.

chazekxt
01-17-2005, 05:47 PM
??

pharit
01-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Sorry for the late post, But im just lookin for something bigger 400cc+

chazekxt
01-17-2005, 08:04 PM
i see

86GN
01-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey gdkarma,

Is there any place to ride out around Elk City res.?

We ride out at John Redmond res. but the utility quads tear the trails up with lots of ruts. Best thing to do there is make your own loop and try to work in a jump or two. It can be fun sometimes but if its muddy and tore up its bad.

gdkarma
01-22-2005, 07:23 PM
"Hey gdkarma,

Is there any place to ride out around Elk City res.?"

The only place I know about it is about 15 minutes south of Independence. It is actually a pretty cool place, not real big, and not sure just who owns it. Do you know of anywhere in this area?

86GN
01-23-2005, 07:10 PM
About the only place we have to go is Redmond resevoir. We have been looking for some other places to go that aren't to far out of the way. We are about 50 miles north of Indy.

I have heard about the place near Coffeyville but I don't know exactly where it is and if its open to the public.

spud400ex
01-23-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by 86GN
About the only place we have to go is Redmond resevoir. We have been looking for some other places to go that aren't to far out of the way. We are about 50 miles north of Indy.

I have heard about the place near Coffeyville but I don't know exactly where it is and if its open to the public.

where exactly do you live at. i live about 15 miles north west of redmond, ride there alot when it is dry.

nwaatvrc
01-24-2005, 06:12 AM
Here is some directions to Coffeyville. It is a great place to ride. I use to live in Coffeyville and rode there almost everyday.

Here you go: Go south out of Indy through Deering to 166. Turn left then Follow the following directions. You will come on town on 11th street. Go
through town to the 4th stoplight.(Wal-Mart will be on the left
Ladies!!!) Turn right at light go to "T" intersection. turn left
then approx. 1 block turn back right on Cline. Go north out of town
approx. 5 miles after the last stopsign. As road curves to the left
stay right take the next right go approx. 1 1/2 miles to North Dam
area. Unload there and have fun. When you leave you will be at the Curve. Turn right there and that will take you to the rode to Indy....

If you are coming from Okla./Tulsa area - Take 169 north out of
Tulsa area to Coffeyville. At 1st stoplight turn left go 3 more
stoplights and follow directions above from the Wal-Mart light.

There is approx. 600+ acres of trails all over the area some real
good hillclimbs and trail riding....

Where abouts do you live????I have a sister-in-law that lives in Buffalo...

86GN
01-24-2005, 07:59 PM
Yates Center

I haven't been up to Redmond to ride much lately. Last spring we were up there quite a bit but the water got high and the trails torn up.
I'll try Coffeyville one of these days, its about an hour away.

BTW when I joined this site I think the membership was just over 300.....boy has it grown.

chazekxt
01-24-2005, 08:01 PM
is that u lars?

86GN
01-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey Charlie....how'd ya guess. Not too many 450Rs in Yates Center eh?

chazekxt
01-24-2005, 08:04 PM
yep that gave it away 450r lol

mudcovered
01-26-2005, 06:27 PM
What's redmond looking like lately? Still muddy? We need to go ridin' Lars.

chazekxt
01-26-2005, 06:29 PM
hey lars it was last week have not been there this week.

rockman
01-29-2005, 09:06 AM
so where is everyone from.. i didn't realize this many people were around here

gdkarma
01-29-2005, 09:08 AM
stuck here in Independence

KSmotoXer15
01-29-2005, 03:18 PM
about 2 miles west of T-town (Topeka)...

chazekxt
01-29-2005, 05:12 PM
burlington

spud400ex
01-29-2005, 08:41 PM
damn didnt realize i live so close to you.

pharit
01-30-2005, 01:50 PM
on 75 hiway about 5 mintues from dragoon motorcross park

nwaatvrc
01-31-2005, 08:29 AM
Garfield,Ar. (Formally from Coffeyville)

nwaatvrc
02-14-2005, 08:27 AM
We were at my sister-in-laws this past weekend. And went up to John Redmond Res. Man you guys don't need anymore water. There is water everywhere. We almost brought the ATV's with us. Good thing we didn't. Too much mud for me. We will try to come up this summer when its drier...

chazekxt
02-14-2005, 05:31 PM
and we are going to get more water this weekend too

86GN
02-14-2005, 08:17 PM
John Redmond will be pretty much unridable until late spring or early summer unless it stays dry for a while. By then the utility quads will have every trail rutted out.

If ya make it up this way with the quads let us know!

pharit
02-14-2005, 08:18 PM
anybody goin to winoka anytime soon? I'm goin to look at a 300ex this weekend and my buddies are wantin to go. Just thought i would see if anyone else is goin from around here.

pharit
02-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Goin riding at Perry lake damn Friday after noon about 4 oclokc if anyone wants to go respond and i'll pm you my phone number

rockman
02-16-2005, 05:36 PM
i wanna go... :D

chazekxt
02-16-2005, 06:01 PM
me too........

rockman
02-16-2005, 06:37 PM
where are you from?

rockman
02-16-2005, 06:39 PM
pharit and i live together right down the road from dragoon. we were gonna go after work on friday.

pharit
02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
me too........

Yeah dude you should come no **** if your serious PM me or rockman and we'll PM you back our number you can call us we'll probably get there about 4:00 pm

chazekxt
02-16-2005, 06:47 PM
iam from burlington

pharit
02-16-2005, 06:58 PM
iam from burlington

Big deal

you wanna go or not

shiftmx218
02-16-2005, 08:09 PM
hey whats up gabe i havnt talked to u in a while, i might go to perry or if u guys think its to muddy up there u can allways come ride at my house with my friends and i, later kyle

rockman
02-16-2005, 08:25 PM
gabe left but he'll prolly be on here later tonight or in the morning i'll tell him to check the thread.

chazekxt
02-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Big deal

you wanna go or not not if u talk like that lol

rockman
02-16-2005, 09:07 PM
thats alright thats how he always talks, just tell him to shut the f up.:D

chazekxt
02-16-2005, 09:11 PM
lol

pharit
02-16-2005, 09:13 PM
hey whats up gabe i havnt talked to u in a while, i might go to perry or if u guys think its to muddy up there u can allways come ride at my house with my friends and i, later kyle

Hey man that would be cool if thats alright with you i;m running an open filter on my R i don;t feel like sucks 10 acres of mud and dirt into my R. The dirt i don;t mind it the water and mud that bother me. but yeah i think we are all set for friday after work if you wanna come.

shiftmx218
02-16-2005, 09:19 PM
allright well ill if its to muddy at perry, friday night and saturday my track will be packed in and ready to go if you guys wanna come up, but give me a call if your wanting to come up here at all cause as of right now i probably wont go to perry but im not sure, i think u still have my number right? if not ill call u

pharit
02-17-2005, 04:53 AM
allright well ill if its to muddy at perry, friday night and saturday my track will be packed in and ready to go if you guys wanna come up, but give me a call if your wanting to come up here at all cause as of right now i probably wont go to perry but im not sure, i think u still have my number right? if not ill call u

Naw i don;t think i ever got your number i got buddys but not your but thats cool i;d like to hit up a track that would be pretty damn cool

yamahonda
02-18-2005, 08:54 PM
anyone know if john redmond dried up any this week.????? i wanna go check it out but not if its a mud pit... i need some new riding places... might go out there sunday debating and depends if rains tomorrow ...

chazekxt
02-18-2005, 09:06 PM
no still vary wet was out by there today

pharit
03-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Anyone know of the riding area around oswatomie???

yamahonda
03-03-2005, 09:07 PM
i heard a few ppl say something about some riding there but not sure where... seems like they said it right in town....

yamahonda
03-03-2005, 09:08 PM
is redmond gonna be dry enough this weekend???? i may need to tear some $$%@ up!!!

spud400ex
03-03-2005, 10:21 PM
im guessing redmond is gonna be muddy as hell. i still might go saturday to break in my ex anyways.

bansheeke
03-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Osawotamie isn't a bad area to ride. some trails, a drag strip few hillclimbs, and its free.

nwaatvrc
03-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Do you have direction there....

bansheeke
03-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Its a long ways for you guys to drive from arkansas..and its not that great of an area..but sure i do..lemme know where you'll be coming from.

drifterx
03-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Just went to Randolph ORV park today with a bunch of my dads off road buggy friends, and let me tell you, it rocks... literally. Its a bunch of entwined trails, full of small rocks and hills, but it is pretty damn fun. You have to watch out for the 4x4 guys, but they mostly pack up real slow, and start climbing rocks. I can climb just about any ATV hill, and most of the jeep hills with my 300, so i'm sure you guys would have no problem. Lots of trails, hills, and rocks, and bunch of creeks you can ride through. Be careful though, the creek running off of Tuttle Creek is much deeper than it looks. I went across a section about 5 feet wide, and i was in water and mud up to my fenders, stuck like no other, and a nice guy on a Grizzly pulled me out with his winch. It also has a section along the bank Tuttle Creek too, clear over by the mile long bridge. Great place!

pharit
03-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by drifterx
Just went to Randolph ORV park today with a bunch of my dads off road buggy friends, and let me tell you, it rocks... literally. Its a bunch of entwined trails, full of small rocks and hills, but it is pretty damn fun. You have to watch out for the 4x4 guys, but they mostly pack up real slow, and start climbing rocks. I can climb just about any ATV hill, and most of the jeep hills with my 300, so i'm sure you guys would have no problem. Lots of trails, hills, and rocks, and bunch of creeks you can ride through. Be careful though, the creek running off of Tuttle Creek is much deeper than it looks. I went across a section about 5 feet wide, and i was in water and mud up to my fenders, stuck like no other, and a nice guy on a Grizzly pulled me out with his winch. It also has a section along the bank Tuttle Creek too, clear over by the mile long bridge. Great place!

Where is this place at?

drifterx
03-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Where is this place at?

Its right by Randolph, about a half hour North of Manhattan. If you drive by Randolph on the highway, it has signs saying Randolph ORV Park, or maybe it was Tuttle Creek ORV Park, don't remember. Just follow the signs, they have them on every route. It kicked @$$ though, lots of trails!

pharit
03-21-2005, 04:18 PM
Where everyone riding at????

come on now.

sorry i figured i;d dig this thread up since i bruised up my knee cap real bad sunday doin a wheelie........don;t ask

86GN
03-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey guys it would have been great to ride with ya but I'm pretty sure I'm out and gonna sell the quad.
Earlier this month I came up short on a double and got bucked off and run over....quad is fine but I ended up at KU med and now have 17 screws and 3 plates in my elbow area. I'll be OK in a few weeks but I'm gettin too old for this.

chazekxt
03-21-2005, 06:46 PM
wow is that u lars?

KSmotoXer15
03-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey guys it would have been great to ride with ya but I'm pretty sure I'm out and gonna sell the quad.
Earlier this month I came up short on a double and got bucked off and run over....quad is fine but I ended up at KU med and now have 17 screws and 3 plates in my elbow area. I'll be OK in a few weeks but I'm gettin too old for this.

dude, crashing sucks...had my September wreck been on firt, id be paralyzed now, thank god for sand...

dude, if you are thinking about getting rid of the quad because of this, find an article in ATV Sport about Jimmy Osborn of Ector TX...
some of those articles are the only reason im still riding/racing

Jimmy has overcame something horribly life altering, but he is still kickin it on the quads...

later

Buddy

pharit
03-22-2005, 04:49 AM

Damn that sucks, i couldn;t imagine haveing that many screws in my arm how your alright and change your mind about keepin the quad and all.

But best of luck trying to get on an airplane with all that metal in ya....:D

86GN
03-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Hey guys, I don't have a problem riding, if I could I'd be out there now. I've been thinkin of selling it for a while and this just helped out that decision. I'm 39 now and I'm not invinsible. I only lost about 5% movement on each end.
So if anyone is lookin for a nice 450R with HRC kit,ACbumper,MSR clutch perch and Woody graphics.......

pharit
03-22-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey guys, I don't have a problem riding, if I could I'd be out there now. I've been thinkin of selling it for a while and this just helped out that decision. I'm 39 now and I'm not invinsible. I only lost about 5% movement on each end.
So if anyone is lookin for a nice 450R with HRC kit,ACbumper,MSR clutch perch and Woody graphics.......

i;d be interested but i don;t have the money i want me a 450

RH1N08d9
03-24-2005, 05:11 PM
hey guys! I haven't ever posted in this thread till now so my names ryan. I ride a kx250 right now, but have had a blaster, banshee, and a 400ex in the last couple years. we just moved from stilwell to louisburg, and with 5 acres, it's just the right size for a small quad track, but too small to run my 250 on, so I'm gonna sell the bike soon and get either a z400 or another 400ex with some susp. if I do, I'll have to get together and ride this summer! happy trails!!! later
ryan

chazekxt
03-24-2005, 05:34 PM
cool.

nwaatvrc
03-25-2005, 10:04 AM
ATV Jamboree April 15-17,2005 5 miles SW of Sceneca,Mo.

FAMILY ATV WEEKEND
600 ACRES OF RIDING
RIDING FOR ALL AGES
CAMPING
RV HOOK-UPS WITH POWER
SHOWERS
CAFÉ AND FOOD SERVICE ON SITE
GASOLINE FOR SALE ON SITE
MUD PIT
STUNT COURSE
ATV Safety Training & Demonstrations provided by the ATV Safety Institute
POLARIS Rep will be on hand with NEW '05 ATV's & Rangers
HELMETS REQUIRED!!!!!!!!!

Addmission:
$25 PER ATV;includes 1 rider INCLUDES CAMPING AND ALL EVENTS
$5 rider/Spectator or $10 per Day, includes 1 rider , $5 rider/Spectator

Events

Mud Drags
Barrel Races
Flag Races
Pole Races
100' Dirt Drags

Classes for Events (for ATV Rodeo)

6 to 10 Years of Age (100cc limit)
11 to 13 Years of Age (Open)
4wd Utility (With Racks, Open CC)
2wd Utility (With Racks, No manual clutch)
Ladies (Open CC)
Over 35 Years of age (Open CC)
Class A (200 to 399 4-stroke/2-stroke Air)
400+ 4-Stroke
2-Stroke Water

100' Dirt Drags & Mud Pit

0 - 100cc Any age
101 - 300cc 4-Stroke
101 - 300cc 2-Stroke
301 - 400cc 4-Stroke
301 - 400cc 2-Stroke
401 - UP 2/4 Stroke
Utility Class Open (Must have Racks)
Unlimited - Open cc Any age

They will have a ATV Auction at 6pm Sat. Night. Here is what is up for auction. Some nice ATV's & Dirt Bikes.

Honda TRX250
Polaris 500 ATP
Polaris 500 Magnum
Polaris 600 Sportsman
Polaris 700 Sportsman
'04 Polaris Predator 500
'02 Yamaha YZ250
'03 Honda CR85
'86 Honda TRX70
'03 Honda 400EX
'01 Kawasaki Bayou 220
'02 Kawasaki Bayou 220
'03 Honda TRX300TE
'01 Honda TRX300EX
'95 Polaris 300 2x4
'00 Suzuki QuadMaster 4x4

Accessories & More!!!!!

*Subject to Change...

All this Plus the ATV Rodeo , Dirt Drags & a MudPit...

You could not ask for more Family Fun......

For more Info call:
Bunker Extreme 918-666-3411 www.dday4x4.com
Neosho Powersports 800-231-0667 www.neoshopowersports.com
Puriton's 800-498-4578 www.puritons.com

NWAATVRC 479-903-6390 www.nwaatvrc.freehomepage.com

Directions - Hy 60 West out of Neosho,Mo. to Okla. stateline. Take 1st road to left after you pass the stateline. Follow signs..

Or you can e-mail me at: mswigart@bentonvillear.com

KSmotoXer15
03-25-2005, 10:22 AM
can someone please explain to me what an ATV Rodeo is???
Ive heard about a lot of ppl doing them, I just dont know what it is...

Race this sunday - Dragoon Motocross Park...Gates open at 7, sign in from 8-9, races start at 11

Peace

Buddy

nwaatvrc
03-25-2005, 11:28 AM
An TAV Rodeo consist of several events, Ours will have Barrel Races. (Like the horses), Flag Race. Start at one end and go down to a barrel holding a flag , grab it and come back to the finish line. And Pole (Barrel) race , 6 barreles lined up . Start at the starting line, go down and weave back and forth down and back then come back to the finish line. Other people have different events. This is how we are running ours.. Hope this answers your question...

KSmotoXer15
03-25-2005, 12:25 PM
yeah that pretty well answers it. dosent seem like it would suit a race quad very well

would you guys consider a FQX demo??? I know a bunch of guys that would gladly come out and tear it up...

nwaatvrc
03-25-2005, 12:39 PM
FQX = Freestyle Quad Cross !?!?!!? is that what FQX means??? We will have a stunt course you can jump on....

chazekxt
03-25-2005, 12:40 PM
hey everyone there is going to be a atv field day at garnett ks april 30 i guess its drags 300 ft track 15 $ per class need more info call tracy modlin 448-3539 i think i might go and check it out...

KSmotoXer15
03-25-2005, 01:36 PM
FQX is freestyle quadcross...good guess

how big of jumps are we gonna be looking at here???
i prefer 70+ but my friend Kyle can bust out over almost anything...

Buddy

pharit
03-25-2005, 06:51 PM
buddy you racing sunday? if so give me a call

KSmotoXer15
03-26-2005, 09:36 AM
yeah Gabe, ill be racing...stayin in Osage tonight so its only 10 minutes of driving in the morning
and thats gonna be nice because i pulled an INSANE all-nighter...women, beer, pit bikes, and late night phone calls...dont forget MX vs ATV Unleashed...

ill call ya a lil later

Buddy

pharit
04-26-2005, 03:52 PM
HA HA HA ITS BACK

yamahonda
05-22-2005, 10:07 AM
well i finally went out to john redmond... i was thinking it was gonna be dry since i did not get any rain all week here in kc but we got down there and the lake is way up and the ride are was half flooded.. but we made the best of it and had fun... kinda small place to ride but its still a place to ride... only took us an hr to get there so that not to bad....

chazekxt
05-22-2005, 10:27 AM
i live in burlington when u all want to come down to redmond i can give u my number and can tell u all if its flooded or not let me know thanks.

chazekxt
05-29-2005, 08:10 PM
any one going out there monday the water is down will be there let me know thanks

TRX_450
06-07-2005, 07:29 PM
im not too far from manattan if theres anybody close lemme no and maybe well go to skool creek or somewhere i gott friend who has connections at jeeps in wichita so we might go there

yamahonda
06-07-2005, 07:34 PM
whats jeeps????

bansheeke
06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
milford is a good place to ride out there..made that trip a few times. What place you talkin bout in wichita?

TRX_450
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
pretty sure its in wichita...its called jeeps...it an mx park...search it on google

TRX_450
06-22-2005, 10:17 PM
ttt

i guess they flat track racin in JC friday nite...anybody goin? i got a few friends racin and i mite if i can get tires in time

chazekxt
07-13-2005, 09:47 PM
any one going out to redmond sat the water should be down by fri. let me know thanks.

spud400ex
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM
i might be at redmond on saturday. drove by yesterday and it was still kinda soggy but that wont stop me.

chazekxt
07-14-2005, 03:30 PM
yes i was there wed still a little wet i will be there sat

spud400ex
07-14-2005, 04:07 PM
when are you going to be out there. its been a month and a half since i had a real ride so i plan on going to redmond or a pasture north of lebo.

chazekxt
07-14-2005, 10:53 PM
sat about 1200 noon hope my buddy can bring is 400ex and blasters

chazekxt
07-16-2005, 08:15 PM
hey spud didnt see u at redmond

yamahonda
07-30-2005, 09:38 AM
ttt redmond dry?

chazekxt
07-30-2005, 09:43 AM
yes

jwick07
07-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Let me help some people out Jeeps Cycle Club in Wichita Ks, is a great place to ride. It has the only lighted outdoor SX track in Kansas, a flat track that is a D shape, with a mini bike or pit bike track in the center, a big MX track, another SX style track, trails, trails and well The MEMBERS ARE GREAT!! I joined this year but just got transferd with work three hours away.:( You can get groups together and pay a small fee and get the lights turned on so you can ride at night. Also they have a pond that you can go fishing at when you want to take a break from the riding.

www.jeepscycleclub.com

Get on the message boards and ask the members to take you riding, first time guest is $5.00 I think second time $10.00 Thats how I got started there.

chazekxt
07-31-2005, 03:29 PM
sx track?

jwick07
07-31-2005, 04:15 PM
super cross track you know shorter distance lots of jumps

motochick
08-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Does anyone ride down at the river in Hutch?

chazekxt
08-02-2005, 09:12 PM
no

cjkranz
08-02-2005, 09:13 PM
some people do, but the area has alot of trash (glass and metal). I have cut up two pairs of tires there last year and swore I wouldn't go down there again. Its not the most ideal area. There are tree trails and occasionally alot of mud...

motochick
08-03-2005, 08:47 AM
ohhh just wondering....I ride a 400 ex and i get tired of riding by my self. I love the trails. to me there are some much fun. I dont know where else to ride here in Hutch becuase i dont know many people that ride because my ex boyfriend tried to keep me away from that kind of people. So can you tell where else to ride here in town?

cjkranz
08-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Honestly, load the bike up and go south for 2 1/2 hrs (Waynoka, OK).

motochick
08-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I cant go to the dunes by myself. and my boyfriend left me so I cant go with him and I cant find a guy that rides to date.

chazekxt
08-03-2005, 05:01 PM
just come down to john redmond by burlington we will ride with ya:D

motochick
08-03-2005, 07:40 PM
I dont know where that is

426ex
08-03-2005, 08:16 PM
There's a new place starting up at South Haven. It's behind the truck stop at the South Haven exit off the turnpike. Just pull into Sticklands Tow Service and ask. They are letting people in for free right now. 5 dirt tracks with 265 acres of pasture also.

motochick
08-03-2005, 08:19 PM
hummmmm thats an idea but all i ever rode is dunes and trails. so i dont know how comfortable i would be at a track or pasture. do alot of people go down there?

yamahonda
08-03-2005, 08:20 PM
motochick pm me on yahoo... i am hard_workin_man2001 ...

motochick
08-03-2005, 08:21 PM
your added

motochick
08-03-2005, 08:31 PM
you guys are way nicer on this forum then they are on planet sand

rockman
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Does anyone know whether they are still havin atv races at dragoon i know they used to but its been a while since i've been there. its kinda sad that i live like 4 miles away and haven't gone in a while.

lumpy300
08-14-2005, 11:33 PM
any of you guys running a 300ex?

was wondering if i could put a 34mm keihin, think it originally had an twist throttle on it, on mine, maybe using stock throttle cable? and if it was worth it or not for 50 dollars?

motochick
08-15-2005, 08:59 AM
I have not seen many 300 ex's so good luck

mdwstridr
09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Are there any trails for anybody to ride on, around Ottawa, Paola area?

rockman
09-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow i haven't been on in a long time!! Gabe's at basic thats why he hasn't been on either. He's in the Air Guard. So whats everyone been doing lately?

prince450r
10-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Wussup guys. Im new to the site so i wanted to say hi. Im currently in Iraq serving my country and getting ready to come home and ride some more. I have a 450r and ride the hell out of it.

mdwstridr
10-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Hello,
Thank you for serving our country. Stay safe.

jayhawks5575
12-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Hey man, great riding down at Katva, Dragoon Moto. Garnett Milford.

Im getting a 400ex race ready good luck on the 250R....We should trade riding tips and areas.

Keith