PDA

View Full Version : Shreveport/Bossier Area (Louisiana)

rubiowner01
12-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Just wonderin where are some places to ride locally around the Shreveport/Bossier area?? Any places that are near here?? :confused: I used to ride in the sand pits in dogwood, but now there are houses all around that area. :ermm: Another good place was Bodcau WMA, but they shut down all the trails last time i checked. :( Kistachie National Forest (sandstone trail) was a great place to ride too, but I read in the paper awhile back that they will be shutting it down soon (they probably already have). Anyone know some places??? Thanks :D

kane71270
12-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Dude I live in Ruston...I went to the dunes down there by lake charles...I dont know the name but i can find it if you want...down south there are lots of good places....I wont be back to the dunes till i get a sport quad....keep in touch..
kane

bayou boy
12-14-2004, 06:43 PM
The dunes are La. dunes. they are located in Forest Hill. a couple of hrs. south of you off of I 49 just below Alexandria. They have a website www.thedunesinc.com and they have a new place in Sicily Island that site is www.atvdirtbikerecreation.com

kane71270
12-15-2004, 05:40 PM
I think thats it but didnt they shut down night riding...THAT SUCKS

bayou boy
12-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Last time we went to the dunes (labor day weekend) you could ride till 10:30 pm. I guess a little night riding is better than none at all

rubiowner01
12-18-2004, 10:38 PM
In case anyone was intrested, I found out that the Bodcau ATV trails are only closed from March 1st through August 31st. So they are open right now. It's a fun place to ride around if you dont live far away(I live about 10 minutes away).

wingnut_537
01-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Just spent the weekend out at Camp Clayborne. It just north of LA dunes off of hwy 112 about 4 miles west of hwy 165 they have some great trails there and a couple of decent pits. there are three marked trails each over 27 miles long. If you have anything more than +2 arms though I would avoid it because the trails can get pretty narrow.

Les