PDA

View Full Version : summit indoor series...what can you tell me about it?

throwinitup
12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
im thinking about racing there in january...but whats it like? im used to big tracks like malvern and outlaw extreme and some homemade tracks...are there big jumps? also, would it be a mistake even trying with a stock suspension set up because of the smaller track and tighter turns? i just dont know...so could someone give me the low down on indoor races? thanks!

Sandsjbyz22
12-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Malvern's holeshot is bigger than the whole track. There are a few jumps and usually one big one. You should be okay with stock suspension.

slosh13
12-09-2004, 07:33 AM
If you would like to have you and your bike both leave in one piece, I recommend spectating. Although there was one year when a guy got crazy, crashed, and somehow his quad went over the cement wall?:eek2: To give you the size of it, its held in a sale barn for like a county fair..... No big jumps and as much as you pay, it's not worth it IMO.:rolleyes:

12-09-2004, 09:30 AM
I have never been to that track but I have been to henderson's indoor which is small. the people that have raced at both says hendersons is a lot better than summit. I think henderson's is horrible. But if you don't mind driving check out Earlywines in Kentucky. By far the best indoor track I have ever seen!!!! It is bigger than any arena cross tracks I have seen!

Cdaleracer
12-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah, what he said, go to Earlywines!!!!!

throwinitup
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
thanks guys, maybe ill go watch the race in january then make my mind up if ill race in febuary...

"Malvern's holeshot is bigger than the whole track."

lol....

shogun_98
12-09-2004, 07:33 PM
I dont think that the track is too bad. It is small but atleast its a place to ride. The both times that i have been out there there was only a couple bad wrecks. One quad ran straight into the wall after the holeshot.

TC426EX
12-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Summit is nothing great, its just got some small jumps and some tight turns. Its a pretty short track... I usually dont race the whole series seriously, but I do make it out for a couple races just to get some riding in over the winter and keep loose. That way when the spring series starts you dont pull a muscle on the first set of whoops you know? Unfortunately due to some bad luck with both me and my bike I didnt get to finish any series or race as much as I would have liked last season so Ill definitely probably race at least a few races at the indoor... You know what one instance of bad luck for me was matt, when I broke off my shift shaft within like 3 laps at Outlaw last season... After that some other stuff went down with my bike and I got injured but everything is tip top with the bike now, and Ive been working out so hopefully I can stay healthy and get some good riding in this season...

throwinitup
12-11-2004, 01:34 PM
hey maybe i shouldnt run with you at summit, might break another shaft... :blah: i guess im bad luck

i'll probably end up running tho, sounds kinda fun, plus some of my local buddies are gonna do it too, so itll be sweet...ill make a fool out of myself tho ppl r gonna be lookin at me like :eek2: :huh stay away from that kid he's a HAZARD! lol not really but its all good

Sandsjbyz22
12-12-2004, 05:50 PM
I might show up for a few races, before Nats. start to get some things dialed in.

throwinitup
12-12-2004, 08:12 PM
maybe ill have the 426 kit in by then? :eek2:

USAMoto00
12-13-2004, 07:23 PM
Jake, you making fun of me? lol I was the guy who's quad almost made it over the wall, but I did.:D It really was bad to be honest. The berms were straight up and down and I overjumped the previous double. Needless to say I was thrown forward into my throttle and wham! Over the berm and almost up the wall. The track is okay if the Kamikazies aren't there. It's too small for a mistake.

slosh13
12-14-2004, 08:21 AM
It was that cannondale man, has too many ponies:rolleyes: :D

throwinitup
12-14-2004, 09:10 PM
ahaha i heard about the quad and the wall last year sounded like some serious carnage im having second thoughts? :huh

Johnny_G
12-15-2004, 11:47 AM
I used to race them every year.....you don't get much seat time, but they used to pay very well for the pro class. I remember I made $1800 one weekend between the 3 days of racing. Not bad for a LOCAL race.

To be honest though guys...as an amature I see very little reason to go there and spend $200 or more for less that 20 minutes worth of track time during the weekend.

Johnny_G
12-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Slosh13:
I see someone refered to you as Jake....would that be Jake Balsiger? Jody talks about you alot.....I was actually looking to get in touch with you guys about running Powermadd handguards for 2005. email me at candg19@msn.com so we can get something set-up.

Sandsjbyz22
12-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Wrong Jake Johnny. Thats Jake Schlosser. I dont think Balsiger is on here.

USAMoto00
12-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Just call him at Jody's John. I would think he still works there doesn't he?

Sandsjbyz22
12-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Yeah Jake still works there about 24 hours a day 7 days a week. lol. Jake is really one hell of a welder

quadchick3
12-16-2004, 08:23 PM
If your still thinking about racing summit, i reccomend reconsidering. Its good to keep in shape during the offseason but thats about it. The track is smaller than tiny. Motos go by in seconds. My brother Ross might be racing it this year still not sure though.

Ill be spectating and attempting to stay warm (it gets quite cold). not racing this year 1 because of my dislocated shoulder and 2 because my mom thinks its to dangerous riding with the crazy people.

throwinitup
12-18-2004, 06:08 AM
word. ill just tear it up at my friends land..4 tracks 2 mx, 1 sx, 1 hs i can stay in shape that way :devil:

USAMoto00
12-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Kaitlynn, it's not bad for the women's class. They don't usually get too big where it's outta control like the 4-stroke or woodsman class. But you do get people that will want to ride over top of you in those classes. You'd be better off racing and Ross watching IMO. I'm sure he wouldn't want anything bad to happen to his shiny new 4-wheela. lol IF I race, I'll only race the Senior class there. It's too tight and dangerous in most of the other classes.

quadchick3
12-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Brian im not even sure if hes racing summit. if he is, we might bring that new weekend warrior trailor and stay warm :) hahahaha. I might race womens in the Feb indoors, but other than that i have to wait and hear from my doctor. I went snowboarding today and crashed my landing and that moved things around a little bit (dont tell mom or dad though its a secret)

What do you mean your racing senior, lets see money class :devil: :devil:

have you checked out joes new site??
www.hardcore-customs.com

USAMoto00
12-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Right, no money for me! Those guys will run you over if they get the chance! lol I haven't checked out Joe's site yet, but I will. You better be taking care of yourself little one! Where's this picture of you with some hot legs that I keep hearing about too? Better not be too revealing! I'll tell your brother so he can turn you over his knee. lol later K.:D

quadchick3
12-21-2004, 05:14 PM
The site is looking better, theres a few pics of you on there, michelle too. Im taking care of myself for the most part. Kinda slacking on the whole physical therapy issue every night.

Reveling pictures? who me? nooo of course not lol. i dont know what picture your talking about?
this one??
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid144/p76a8db3c0b4df9d3e042ccd3686e0ced/f684eaef.jpg

or maybe this one?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid140/p4b3e1f8691e84083aac468b867735122/f6e01c1e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid129/p01049052d1a176fa20c01cf465833f94/f7d00794.jpg

USAMoto00
12-21-2004, 06:23 PM
I can't see them?? Why is that? I'm signed on and all. Are they sexy? lol

throwinitup
12-21-2004, 08:17 PM
sucks for you..haha :devil: