PDA

View Full Version : Loretta Lynns' GNCC

cdalejef
04-21-2002, 02:11 PM
For those of you that missed it, there was a record turn out at the Loretta Lynns' GNCC yesterday. Almost 600 ATV enteries. Bill Ballance took the win followed by Matt Smiley then Brad Page. The morning race was won by exriders' own William Howell, his brother Adam finished 2nd 4-stroke stock and 4th overall. The coarse was the usual, very rough and rocky (I have the blisters to show for it).:eek:

NJ300ex
04-21-2002, 02:23 PM
How did Chris Borich finish?

cdalejef
04-21-2002, 02:27 PM
I believe he finished 7th. He had a horible crash right in front of my pit crew. They said he was coming down a fast wooped out sandy section and started tank slaping, his quad flipped about 7 times, it threw him completly off the track and he landed on his shoulder. Believe it or not he got up and finished.

Wingnut
04-21-2002, 08:31 PM
I was there. I loved that track, it just needed a few creek crossings to cool things down a little. Now that I think about they did run us along the river, I should have just gone for a quick swim. I had a terrible start and in trying to get to the front I flipped down a little off camber and ended up dead last in my class (66 riders). I did not let that bother me too much and I managed an 8th place finish. That may have been my last GNCC for the year or I may make it to the Maryland race.

cdalejef
04-22-2002, 08:07 AM
The thought of jumping in with with all those people swimming crossed my mind too.:p What class did you ride Wingnut?

OCCRA288
04-22-2002, 08:35 AM
A couple guys from OCCRA raced these classes and did well. Bobby Duck raced a 440EX in the Open A class and got 16th. John Wooley raced a highly modified Polaris Scrambler 400 in the Open Utility and placed 4th.

Wingnut
04-22-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
What class did you ride Wingnut?

I was in First Year Racer. I was really wanting to prove that my win at Big Buck was not a fluke. I still had a good run, but I had nobody to race since the guys I was able to catch were obviously slower than me.

cdalejef
04-22-2002, 03:58 PM
How about those 2 girls getting 2nd and 3rd overall in the morning race? Thats awesome!!!:D

MEL
04-22-2002, 07:46 PM
didn't those two get first and second in the morning race at the last gncc? jeff how did you do?

cdalejef
04-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Ya, they did! I won the 25 plus (junior) class.

indygncc
04-23-2002, 10:10 AM
Jeff I saw you won your class..congrats on the win.

gncc400exxx
04-23-2002, 10:44 AM
Congrads to everyone, I however suffered some electrical problems early on,right after a descent start, and was forced to finish my day after only 1 lap , That sucked. But considering that it was my first dnf, in 4 years and 16 gncc races i'm cool with it. And I'll give it **** in Sparta.

Hey Adam i saw you but i was too bummed so I didn't bother you,But i would like to know what you think of your shock,they're elkas right?

I also saw the yellow ram with the M & M trailer but nobody was around when i was there, hope to catch you at sparta.

indygncc
04-23-2002, 01:30 PM
GNCC400EXXX-Yeah they are ELKAs. They are a great shock. They have 5/8 shafts in them and also anodized inside like an AXIS. Of course mine arenot going to be as good as the fully adjustable version. Mine do not have reserviors on them. They are definately worlds better than any WORKS shock. If any of you guys buy any ELKAs call them up direct and tell them that Adam Howell sent you to them. They are a great company to do business with.

cdalejef
04-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Thanks Adam! We will be at Sparta for sure (only 30 minutes from here). We will be there all day friday and saturday with some stuff on display, stop by and say hi.

04-24-2002, 12:32 AM
When is Sparta?

04-24-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Thanks Adam! We will be at Sparta for sure (only 30 minutes from here). We will be there all day friday and saturday with some stuff on display, stop by and say hi.

when is the sparta race jeff???

Wingnut
04-24-2002, 10:07 AM
May 4th.

cdalejef
04-24-2002, 01:18 PM
May 4th!

04-24-2002, 07:03 PM
I need to get a schedule!

Do they just race at Sparta once a year or are their other dates?

Do they do scrambles there when the gncc isn't there?

dhines
04-25-2002, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I was at Loretta's too. You guys might have seen me. I was the dumb ******* pushing his ride off the line during the start of the afternoon race. My dang battery died on the line!

Dennis

465Stroker
04-25-2002, 09:39 AM
dhines,
Make sure you tighten your ground wire bolt on your battery. I think I was the one that was lined up beside you to your right.
Rick

cdalejef
04-25-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Shoope1
I need to get a schedule!

Do they just race at Sparta once a year or are their other dates?

Do they do scrambles there when the gncc isn't there?

As of now that is the only race they hold. They are running on a different farm this year so maybe things will change and they may run some local races.

dhines, did you get it fixed and get back in the race? What class did you run?

dhines
04-26-2002, 06:32 AM
I was racing 4-stroke mod. After pushing my ride off the line, I checked every bolt and connection I could find and everything looked fine. I honestly think I just started it up too many times that day and didn't let it charge up enough. When I got to the line I left the key on and I guess it just finally crapped out.

Anyway, just as I was ready to say the heck with it, I decided to try and push-start it. A buddy of mine who was there helped me and after a few tries she fired up. I went flying past the guy with the flag just as he was getting ready to call 10 seconds for the class that starts after vet - nearly three minutes behind my class.

After riding for a little while, I decided to try killing my engine while going down one of the many hills to see if it would start back up. No dice. So I popped the clutch and kept on going - knowing that if I ever stalled it, I'd be getting towed out. I ended up only running 3 laps and finishing 11th or 12th.

I haven't had a chance to really tear into my machine since the race but I ordered a new battery and hope to be up and running this weekend for the first Mid South summer series race - that is if we don't get flooded out.

Dennis

cdalejef
04-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Have you raced Mid Souths before? I've been running them since 1990.

dhines
04-28-2002, 06:35 AM
Jeff,

Yeah, we've been racing them for a couple of years now. This has just been a little bit of an off year for me. My wife and I are expecting our first baby in a few months and I've been taking classes and just started a new job. Bottom line: not much time for riding. I am really hoping to get in some races this summer and fall and try to hit the GNCC's next year.

Look me up at the race. I'll be in 4-stroke A on a 400EX with a black seat and duct tape covering a hole (yeah, it looks smooth!).

Dennis

cdalejef
04-28-2002, 07:09 PM
I won't be running many summer series races because of the GNCC's.