PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Cycle Beadlock Review

Pappy
12-08-2004, 03:38 PM
On my 450R build up, I used Burgard Cycle aluminum beadlocks.

10 x5 fronts with stock offset and 8 inch rears. When I picked up the rims, I grabbed a set of Burgards grooved radials and turf tamers to mount on the rims. Mounting the tires was a breeze on the beadlocks and didnt require any special tools.

The beadlock rims are built using a douglas .190 rim and then they are modified and the beadlock welded in place. The welds on these rims are excellent and in 4 weeks i have expierenced no leaks that are so common on beadlock rims. The front and rear rims feature a reinforcement ring welded on the inside for extra strength and support. Holes are machined in this support to allow water and mud to escape.

Burgard Cycle makes these rims for almost every Quad on the planet and will manufacture special order rims as requested.

pricing is exceptional, costing less then $120 per rim!

Contact C & D Racing or Burgard Cycle for ordering and exact pricing.

Pappy
12-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Rear

Pappy
12-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Inner Ring

xsr_racing28c
12-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Pappy, i would have to agree fully with you!! i bought some of these rims brand new from Pappy, and they we a great investment... never had any probs at all and they look very sharp ( Pappy pc'd the rings) !!!! Burgard has some quality stuff, and once i am ready for the swinger and stem , i will be talking to them to hook me up..

chris450R
12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
hey pappy can you get them pc'd from burgard or C&D? or maybe just the outside rings?

Pappy
12-09-2004, 06:25 AM
If you purchase the rims from C & D , Burgard or myself the rings will come pc'd for free. It does add a day or so to the shipping time but usually I do them pretty fast.

xsr_racing28c
12-09-2004, 07:58 AM
those are my rims!!!!!!!!!!! i love em

quadrcr161
12-09-2004, 08:03 AM
does he weld the inner ring and bead lock on or does he get it as a package deal from douglas? a few years ago i had a 10inch center rip out of my right rear beadlock while in the middle of a powerslide between turn 3 and4 on a 3/8 mile oval. talk about scarry. we sent them back to douglas and found out someone welded the beadlock on a set of blue lable rims. so after that i have been a little leary of buying rims from somone that welds the rings themselvs

Pappy
12-09-2004, 08:19 AM
the inner ring is welded in, the center of the rim isnt touched. if the center of your rim broke out it was due to the load placed on it not the cause of a company welding on a ring. the blue labels obviously werent the best choice to turn into beadlocks since they are what .125? all i see at Burgards are .190 unless they are for a mini quad:p

quadrcr161
12-09-2004, 09:05 AM
i think it was alittle of everything that caused them to break, being advertised as beadlocks and being on blue lable rims to start off. since then we have been a little more carfull on getting rims. im just lucky i didnt get hurt when that happened. i will deff check these out since i need a set on my 450

chris450R
12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
thanks alot for the info pappy. i am not sure when i will get some beadlocks but the burgards definitely look great. so i guess when it is time for some, which should be soon considering my stock rims are jacked-up with dents and all are warped to hell and back, i will take burgard into heavy consideration for some beadlocks.

450 Racer R
12-09-2004, 10:57 AM
My douglas .190's are bent up everywhere along the inner lip. how much stronger are these than the regular .190's?

Pappy
12-09-2004, 10:59 AM
beadlocks of any manufacture are inherently stronger then a standard rim . they can still be bent being they are aluminum but it really takes a massive hit to do it. i have never bent a beadlock but i have seen them so smashed it was a miracle the riders werent hurt because it was one hell of a hit:p

team_450_88
12-09-2004, 06:29 PM
hEY pappy...I sent my arms back to burgard because he said he would re-powdercoat them sense they chipped so quick...But u needa go pick em up from his place and pc them the color of those beadlock rims for me....I love his products, truthfully I didnt think it would hold up, but everything holds up great, no problems....plus he is a really cool guy..Thanks

Ryan

Pappy
12-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Ryan, please send me a pm with all your info, the color you want them (i dont remember what color i did your rings in off the top of my head) and when he gets them he will summon me to his place and i will take care of them for ya.

ny300exrider
12-09-2004, 07:06 PM
yep i agree, i run rear burgard bealdocks and cant complain at all. sweet rims, easy to mount tires, and look great as well.

rhoadsM125450
12-10-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
If you purchase the rims from C & D , Burgard or myself the rings will come pc'd for free. It does add a day or so to the shipping time but usually I do them pretty fast.

How much are those SAME rims...with shipping and everything....to PA
Thanks in advanced

Pappy
12-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by rhoadsM125450
How much are those SAME rims...with shipping and everything....to PA
Thanks in advanced

You would need to contact C & D Racing or Burgard for exact pricing. I would geuss that being in PA you should be looking around $115 each for 8 inch and probably around $120 for 10 inch fronts and 9 inch rears. I havent checked exact pricing so again...i can only speculate