PDA

View Full Version : Tires & Rims

Crazy Diamond
12-07-2004, 09:08 PM
I am looking to get new front tires and rims. I am getting Razr's. I have a 416EX. What size would be better 21 or 22 inch? I ride trails and coal hills mostly and definately in the snow. Also How strong are the ITP C-Series Type 5 rims?

xsr_racing28c
12-07-2004, 09:45 PM
not sure about the c-series rims, but i wouldn't go anything larger than a 21" tire, i would actually go with a 20" , cuz you loose alot of low end power with the larger diameter tire. you may want more top end , but with a 20-21" tire you should be pretty balanced out

Les Davis
12-07-2004, 10:27 PM
I agree with the 20" tire up front. I've had the Razr and Razr II's. I'm running the II's now and they seem indestructible. The side wall seems to provide better protection for the rim in the woods/rocks and has a more aggressive tread pattern than the regular Razr. There a little more expensive but worth the money
when your limping back to the trailer with a flat.

gojk
12-08-2004, 02:47 AM
20's in the back 21s up front.

Crazy Diamond
12-08-2004, 05:47 PM
OK! 21's it is! Anyone on the C-series Type 5 rims?

redrunner
12-09-2004, 02:29 PM
C's are the the cast ones? Beerock made the comment that they were alot heavier than stock and the cast can actually break if hit on the side, so I would stay away from them...but that's me.

Crazy Diamond
12-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Anyone else have anything on the rims?

GoFastCat
12-12-2004, 06:07 PM
My brother had 21x7 Razr's on the front of his 400EX and when he sold it I put them on 10" c-series wheels and then onto my DVX.
Despite being only 21" they were almost the same size as the stockers and handle much better with a stiffer sidewall. As far as weight the Razr and c-series do weigh more then the stock rim and tire, I would say a couple pounds per corner.
I haven't put much riding on my c-series but they seem darn tuff and should take a fair amount of abuse. Take into note they aren't made for competition use and I only ride trails. Though being cast they will tend to break instead of bending, but they look great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/GoFastCat/IMG8.jpg

redrunner
01-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
C's are the the cast ones? Beerock made the comment that they were alot heavier than stock and the cast can actually break if hit on the side, so I would stay away from them...but that's me.

I may take my statements back, I am starting to like these wheels. For trail riding they might be fine, GoFast any more thoughts on yours..anyone else?

Crazy Diamond
01-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks! I already got a set of Douglas .190's with Razr's. I ride alot of coal and trails. Didn't feel like taking the chance of destroying a rim by hitting a rock. Douglas's take a good beating.
But they do look GOOD tho!:D :D :D Maybe when I ride a little less aggressive. ;)