PDA

View Full Version : Best Aftermarket Exhaust?

4LEAFCLOVER
12-07-2004, 06:36 PM
I have a 2005 TRX 450 R (Black Stunna) and I'm wondering what would be the best exhaust to gain the most top end power and speed? I already have the HRC kit so I'm just in need of an exhaust now?

ZRider400
12-07-2004, 06:44 PM
HMF or sparks.....:devil:

brandonpeake
12-07-2004, 06:53 PM
i got the ballance hmf full exhaust and i love it for a stock motor but for built i think i would do the big core sparks

Ramsus
12-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Go to www.trx450r.org and read the performance faq in the forums.

"what's the best exhuast?" isn't a question that can be answered unless we know the style of riding you do and what mods you have.

Plus, you could have found a million threads like this if you would have looked. This question is asked every other day.:rolleyes:

kazpr
12-07-2004, 09:06 PM
I just sold a HMF bill balance pie. I liked it ALOT. I just ordered a bigcore Sparks. The reason for the change is the HMF has INSANE amounts of low to mid.
I am now installing the 13:1 piston, sparks cam and getting headwork done.
With the setup I am going to, the HMF would be to much lowend and not enough topend for me. I feel the sparks is a better all around pipe for my needs now.

Hope I helped you some and not confused you more Later and good luck!

dn1911
12-08-2004, 11:35 AM
guys, your glasspack exhaust systems are all going to perform for the most part the same. if you want the best especially for a built engine you need to wait a little longer and do some serious thinking on the new Pulse Charger. if you do go to the .ORG site look up all the post by Mixxer and you will see what i'm talking about.

jeepnrocks
12-08-2004, 01:09 PM
i agree. im definitely holding out for the pulsecharger. i talked with the maker of the pipe extensively about his exhaust and he pointed me in the right direction on some other mods. i can't say i have talked to a more helpful person in terms of motor performance. even the i have only seen dynos and heard others that have prototype pipes, i believe 110 percent that this pipe will be the best available upon its release. the thing i like is the spark arrestor was designed right into the pipe. this may not seem like a big deal but most other companies issue hp numbers with an non-sparkarrested pipe. just look at a sparks pipe with a spark arrestor on it. how much is that baby plugged up. if you race mx the sparky may not be a big deal but if you race xc its an absolute must.

4LEAFCLOVER
12-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Hey thanks alot KAZPR for the help. I was considering the Curtis Sparks. Just wanted to know if there was any more that would compare to it. I mostly do trail riding and every now and again I might take it to a back street to take someone's money on a bet. So that's why I asked which exhaust for top end speed.