PDA

View Full Version : Any1 IL ever race at Moto Byron?

YAYHonda
12-07-2004, 05:15 PM
Any1 IL ever race at Moto Byron?

motox450
12-07-2004, 07:40 PM
I have never raced at Byron on a quad, but i have raced there a couple times on my bike. It is a fairly long track with some good elavation changes. The dirt is more of a red clay. In the morning they water the daylights out of it, and let it dry throughout the day. Overall I really like the track, and have a good time when i race there. If you have more specific questions let me know.

YAYHonda
12-07-2004, 08:35 PM
i kno i raced there, wat class where u in?..... its got alot of wood chips in it 2

Fred55
12-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Ive raced there a few times, great track imo, i love it...they now have a totally seperate track for the quads to race on.

YAYHonda
12-07-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Ive raced there a few times, great track imo, i love it...they now have a totally seperate track for the quads to race on.
O they do... wheres it at? and have u raced on it?

Fred55
12-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Its right above the main track, no i didnt....the last time i was there they juyst finished installing hte watering system so we werent able to race on it.

YAYHonda
12-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Its right above the main track, no i didnt....the last time i was there they juyst finished installing hte watering system so we werent able to race on it.
o i used to live down the street from it... i just rode my quad or dirt bike there me and my friends

motox450
12-20-2004, 02:57 PM
The last time I raced there I was in 250C. Since then I have moved up to 250B. What class did you race?

Bergy
12-21-2004, 08:30 AM
The first weekend of racing for the 2005 Great Lakes Quad Series (formerly WI Quad Series) will be at Byron March 19 & 20 (may change if weather doesn't cooperate). I am told we will be racing on the quad track 1 day and the original MX track the other. Had some WI friends go down late last year and they said the new quad track was good and the MX track looked awesome. More info can be found at the sites in my signature.

Jen696
12-21-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi, I've raced at Byron a bunch of times last summer. The big track is really fun, but the new quad track sucks!! I rode it a few times and hated it!
I'm really bummed quads are being kicked off the big track.
The lay out for the quad track isn't that bad but the dirt (if you can call it that) is super hard, kinda like a gravel road. I won't be racing THAT track. But if they ever have a quad race on the main track I'll be there.
Jennifer

Bergy
12-21-2004, 10:39 AM
The quad series will be racing on both the quad track and the original mx track. 1 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday. Many WI racers went down late last season and said they had been doing a ton of work on the quad track to get it up to snuff. I was not there myself, but if the track trully sucked they would have told me. Sounded like the track owner was willing to make the changes needed to get us down there to race. I guess we'll see in March. Either way we all have to race on the same track.

Jen696
12-21-2004, 11:07 AM
I was there at the end of the year (after the work was done on the track) and rode the quad track and hey It's just my opinion - but I do think that it truly sucks. I live close to Byron and spend a lot of time there. I realize that to some WI quad racers it's pretty good compared to some of their tracks. It's more stadium style without the good quality of dirt that most stadium tracks have. I understand that we all would be riding the same track but I don't want to waste my time with THAT track. But as I said the original mx track is super fun, fast with lots of wood chips - I really like that track.

Not trying to offend anyone. just giving an honest, well informed opinion.
Jennifer

Bergy
12-21-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm not offended, just hoping we have a good turnout for our first ever quad series race in IL. Unfortunately I wasn't in attendance at any races in Byron last year so I am getting all my information secondhand. Also last years quad series was awesome with some great tracks. Gravity Park is a definite stadium track but Arkansaw and Sugar Camp are unbelievable natural terrain tracks. I really feel that we have a great line-up of tracks in 05.

Bryon,IL
Arkansaw,WI
Gravity Park - Chilton,WI
Hidden Valley - Ettrick,WI
Sugar Camp - N. of Rhinelander,WI
Pine Ridge - Crivitz,WI
Denmark,WI
Christmas,MI (Upper Peninsula)

It's not a national series, but it's not driving 12+ hrs to every race either.

Brown450R
01-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Jen696,
I rode at byron a couple of times on the new quad track. I thought it was pretty cool. It isn't the most difficult track I ever rode on, but I think there will be some awesome racing on it. There is room for passing, which is a plus. The dirt was really tacky in spots, but I didn't see much of a problem. What exactly sucked about it? I agree, it is more of a stadium style track, but without the big jumps, like you will get at Gravity Park(Chilton Wi). I liked the variety of the track. There are tight turns, off camber turns, wide turns, whoops, a few decent safe jumps, a rythm section, high speed section. All in all, pretty cool I'd say.

01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I agree with Jen. I personally do not even like the main track very much. It is never groomed when I am there and the dirt sucks. The jumps are not that good except for a couple.

The new Quad track I thought was a joke. Very small, SX style, the jumps looked small and easy. Was not impressed. Maybe I am used to the other tracks like Mt. Carrol and Walnut.

YAYHonda
01-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by motox450
The last time I raced there I was in 250C. Since then I have moved up to 250B. What class did you race?
i raced the dirt bike and practiced on the quad

Brown450R
01-03-2005, 08:23 AM
I am just easy to please I guess.

Bergy
01-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I always knew you were easy "Brown450R". Thanks for letting Bob and myself ride on your track Saturday. Happy New Year!

Brown450R
01-03-2005, 09:30 PM
No problem, come back anytime.

fast426
01-07-2005, 09:21 AM
has anyone ever raced at warren IL. www.racethestorm.com

Fred55
01-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I did all 3 races at Warren this year and one last year, did you? what class did u race? I raced B and got 3rd the first race 5th the 2nd and i failed to qualify the 3rd one :P( bad night lol) i also raced the sport class one race on a warrior and got 3rd

You should be able to pick me out, i had a exriders sticker on my number plate

Fred55
01-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Here some pics of me at Byron

Fred55
01-07-2005, 09:10 PM
//

Fred55
01-07-2005, 09:11 PM

fast426
01-09-2005, 04:49 PM
yeah i remember seeing you. i didn't race this year 3 years ago i raced 80's and like august i bought a quad from seffroods, his brother always wins a class in warren. it's cool because i live like 2 blocks away from the track and my neighbor is track crew so i helped flag last year and i am going to race this year.

Fred55
01-09-2005, 05:27 PM
LOL thats cool that you remember seeing me, what race was it?

fast426
01-09-2005, 05:56 PM
i flagged all 3 races and there arent many predators that race in warren. its cool that ur 16 too

Fred55
01-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Yeah, you actually live really close to me also, maybe we could meet up and ride sometime...send me a pm