PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Pipe Coating

WalshKFX
12-07-2004, 04:57 PM
Hye Pappy. i ve a sparks pipe for my yfz that im thinking about powercoating blakc with high temp powder. how much for both header and muffler not disassembled.

thanks and if you got any pics of a blakc exhaust powdercoat id apprecticate it.

thanks

Pappy
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
i can do them but honestly i dont think high temp pc will last on that header. the silencer would be ok for awhile.

silencer is $65
header $45 (looks more dark silver then black IMO)

if the header is looking dull hit it with some 000 steel wool....but i have a feeling your going for a certain look:confused:

WalshKFX
12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
well im just trying to get something that will look pretty sweet and last. i took stell wool and it looks nice but i didnt know if i could make the stuff blakc. any color or product avalible for what im looking for that will look nice and last?

thanks

Pappy
12-08-2004, 05:54 AM
i will look around...there has to be something:p

id be willing to help you on the price for the header and if it didnt work we could always ceramic coat it again

sharkinthepool
12-08-2004, 06:25 AM
Not to take buzinez from you pappy. But WalshKFX, you might want to look into "Jet Hott". I have there sterling coating on a Thunder exhaust that has been flawless, even through clay, for three years now. I am not sure of black, but pretty sure they have a charcoal color, and a gun metal. There also gaurenteed and you quad will run about 40 to 70 degrees cooler.

Pappy
12-08-2004, 06:35 AM
jet coating is ceramic coating which the sparks has. i can do them and prefer it over pc . headers are $65

WalshKFX
12-08-2004, 10:53 AM
ok thanks. i might consider ceramic coating my header and blakc on the muffer??

Pappy
12-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by WalshKFX
ok thanks. i might consider ceramic coating my header and blakc on the muffer??

that would be ok

WalshKFX
12-08-2004, 05:01 PM
ok im gonna think about. right now i need to concentrate on gettign my suspension for my bike

thanks

Tony