PDA

View Full Version : buying different springs??????

400exvette
12-07-2004, 03:38 PM
I posted in the suspension section about the ability to purchase your own springs for stock shocks. I just can't believe that someone doesn't know a good combination of springs and adjustments that will let the average Joe upgrade his own stock shock springs and keep the stock valving. All I really want is a lower ride height. The valving isn't going to be perfect, but it isn't now. I refuse to believe that it can't be done. I know the valving should be matched to the springs and your weight and all..... but it cant hurt to ask!.....thanks

kazpr
12-07-2004, 03:55 PM
http://www.atvsuspensiontech.com/
Contact them to get your goods!!

400exvet
12-09-2004, 01:10 PM
thanks kazpr but it looks like they are a suspension service. I'm looking for a shop that would actually sell the springs and tell you how to set the stock shocks up with those springs for your weight and riding style. I guess I am the only one out here looking for this type of service???? I can understand the shock service shops not wanting to give out this info. but somebody has had to try this somewhere. Although, I have been known to be a little "out there"....too many hits in the head without a helmet!:p

JH Racing
12-09-2004, 02:47 PM
The shocks need to be revalved for the them to work right with the spring kit. We tryed to just respring them without revalving when we where doing the testing for the kits and just does not work near as good as they do revalved. But if you still want to try TCS sell the spring kits but it is not much cheaper than just having them done by a shop that does the kits.

cletusEX
12-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Doug you crack me up. I think you do things just to be different.:p

400exvet
12-10-2004, 10:59 AM
cletusEX Doug you crack me up. I think you do things just to be different.

Oh so you woke up from last weekend I see:D ...I think Eric said it best "Do it while you can"
I don't really have to be different. I just don't want to pay a bunch of money for something only a little better than what I could do myself..so, if I can get a set of springs and put them on myself and it is better than stock...then why not? but it looks as though I'm on my own for this one...it was worth a try:p I'll just spend the money like everyone else does:o later