PDA

View Full Version : Trinity Racing

f272272
12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
I would like to inform everyone who is considering having work done on their quad by Trinity Racing about my experience with this company. They made a mistake on the price, the timeline of the machine work, and on the shipping. So heres where i am at right now. I have now waited two weeks longer than they originaly told me, I have now paid $200.00 more than they originaly told me, part of my motor will arrive tommorrow, and the other part will arrive whenever they figure out where they sent it. And through all of this situation they act like nothing is wrong. I just thought it would be fair to let everyone know how they treat their customers before you spend your hard earned money with them.

03' Z440? maybe if i'm lucky :mad:

EPDP99
12-07-2004, 03:56 PM
maybe it was just a mistake.... They were awesome with me, got all my stuff done faster than when they told me it would be done. Sales, service, and tech are excellent...... Although I am working with them on finding out why my motor is so underpowered. 465 stroker was barely beating a z400 with spark arrestor removed....

Giz400ex
12-07-2004, 03:57 PM
I know its sad but to me its normal. The waiting for an extra couple of weeks is normal, but the extra $200 is not! I actually had to buy a extra rocker because the company misplaced it and they said the originals weren't ALL shipped:confused: That was BS!!! Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience though, and I bet your not the only one!

BB450R
12-07-2004, 06:27 PM
MYSELF I WOULD HAVE SENT IT 2 SPARKS BUT IF YOU DONT LIKE 2 WAIT THEN YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE I SENT MY 300EX MOTOR 2 YEARS AGO AND NEVER GOT IT BACK TILL THE FOLLOWING SUMMER BUT IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT THEY TURNED MY 300EX INTO A 410CC STROKER THAT WAS PUTTING OUT ALITTLE OVER 45HP AT THE REAR WHEELS ...NEEDLESS 2 SAY IT WOULD FLY.I HAD IT DONE FOR DRAGS AND IT WAS A SLEEPER 5.6 SEC IN 300 FEET.MOTOR COST WITH SHIPPING AND ALL THE WORK WAS $3500....NOTHING WAS LEFT UN TOUCHED IN THIS MOTOR THO.SO WAITING IS ALL APART OF THE BUSINESS.IF YOU WANT IT DONE RIGHT.:devil:

f272272
12-08-2004, 07:08 AM
I am supposed to get the motor back today and I will have a full dyno report nex week. I'll keep you guys informed. 45hp or someones in trouble.

frosti108
12-08-2004, 02:23 PM
what the hell happened to trinity racing working with the 300ex?

im pretty sure i bought a few parts from them a while back like my cam, but now on the site, theres nothing for the 300ex, when before they had like a whole page of **** for it... :confused:

400exstud
12-08-2004, 04:44 PM
why would you spend so much money on a 300?! You could buy a YFZ and put small mods on it and be faster.

frosti108
12-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Edited SGA

cals400ex
12-08-2004, 11:31 PM
now give us your honest opinion on your feelings. :D

muff
12-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by frosti108
^************

wow man he wasnt even talking to you :huh

as for the motor, it depends on what the $200 of extra was charged for. somethin might have been damaged, or worn. you cant really say unless they tell you what its for. maybe a little extra labor had to go into it. many things to consider. as for the wait, i think you got lucky that it was only 2 weeks!!! i've heard many nightmares from some of the other engine companies out there

f272272
12-09-2004, 02:30 PM
I didnt wait two weeks. I waited atleast two weeks more than the original time that they told me. Nothing was damaged. They supposedly forgot to include the cost of the nikasil in the price quote they gave me. They mysteriously didnt realize this until after i had already shipped the motor to them. When I make multiple mistakes in my company I do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. All i got with thim was some rude *** person on the phone each time i called. I'm not here to bash Trinity i'm here just to let you guys know what happened to me before you spend money with this company.

drifterx
12-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I love my 300. People always tell 300ex owners to quit dumping money in to their quads, and buy 450's and 400's. Well some of usf us want to keep our 300ex's because they are fun, awesome quads. If we mod them, thats our business, not theirs. Some of us like to do it. Modding your quad is one of the best and funnest parts of having them, you get to make it yours, make it the way you want it to be. I don't mean to sound like an @$$, and to butt in on this thread, but i really wish some people would just figure out that its our quads, not theirs, and that some of us want to dump 3500 on motor work, or 2000 on suspension for the 300, because its what we want to do. So all of you quad guys out there, it doesn't matter what you have, a 450 or a little 90, its your quad, do you want to do with it, not what somebody else says you should. :)

400exstud
12-09-2004, 05:55 PM
WOW. I didn't mean to start a fight I was just pointing out simple facts. Your obviously the immature one hear accusing me of being spoiled and putting words in my mouth. Don't, and I mean DON'T put say things about people that arn't true. I bought my quad with my own money. I bought the parts for my quad.....with my own money.:rolleyes:

drifterx
12-09-2004, 07:13 PM
Good for you man! Its good that kids like us pay for our own quads, and all their parts. I've payed over half my quad, my parents payed a little under 1,000, and i have a job and make the payments every month. I think if you pay for it yourself, you appreciate it much more.

Originally posted by 400exstud
WOW. I didn't mean to start a fight I was just pointing out simple facts. Your obviously the immature one hear accusing me of being spoiled and putting words in my mouth. Don't, and I mean DON'T put say things about people that arn't true. I bought my quad with my own money. I bought the parts for my quad.....with my own money.:rolleyes:

jdwxv3
12-09-2004, 07:47 PM
SO young so violent:uhoh: :muscle: j/k guys!

f272272
12-10-2004, 07:43 AM
Well I attemted to put my motor together last night. Just one small problem. They inserted some sort of stainless ring into the cyclinder (i think its to help out because of the high compression). The only problem is now I cant use an OEM gasket. I have to use one of their copper gaskets with a seperate sealant. Did they mention this to me? Did they offer to sell me one of these? Can you buy this gasket at your local dealer? The answer to all of these questions is NO! So now my schedule is way off. I will be a very lucky man if i make the arenacross tommorow. One more reason you should not do business with Trinity Racing!

eddings
12-12-2004, 08:08 PM
I am assuming you didn't get it put together in time since I didn't see you at the race. Next time you will know not to send it to trinity.

Everything they did was deceptive to get you to send your motor to them so you would be stuck and have to use them.

First they tell you once they get it, that it will only take two weeks to complete. That sounds great to just about anyone, but you found out after you sent your motor in that it was all a lie and that it would take 4-5 weeks to get it back.

Second, they tell you it will only cost $600, again sounds pretty good, but they forget to include the price of re-nickasiling the cylinder. Again this is a lie to get you to send them your motor and then tell you it will be another $200.

Third, you pay for 3 day shipping so you will get it on monday and race that saturday. But you only get part of your motor on monday, when you call they say that the second box got returned and they will ship out 3 day air which gives you one day to put you motor together.

Fourth, they don't send you the copper gasket that you have to have in order to make it work.

I can go on and on about the lack of buisiness skills these people have, and it seems to me that it was all a dishonest way to con someone into having them do their motor work. I just hope now that you have it, that it will run and they didn't goof anything up in the process.

Good luck Steven, Live and Learn I guess.

frosti108
12-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud

oh im obviously immature? you JUST said not to say things about people that arent true and that, my friend, is not true. a little hypocritical if you ask me.
there is indeed a difference between manic depressive and immature. but either way you wouldnt know how i am because you have never met me and when it comes down to it, you are just assuming.
btw, you spent your own money on a 400ex?? wow you could have just bought a 450... :rolleyes:

400exstud
12-14-2004, 07:39 PM
btw, you spent your own money on a 400ex?? wow you could have just bought a 450...

how?

Kennethyfz450
12-15-2004, 09:16 AM
hey you do realize at yfzcentral their is a trinity racing section:o :D ;)

rocketpig
12-15-2004, 02:11 PM
We're going through a lot of changes here at Trinity right now. We're revamping our tech, sales, and customer service because of issues we have had with employees who are no longer with us not properly handling our customers. We spent years building a great reputation in this business and unfortunately, a few employees really tarnished that reputation over the past two years.

Believe it or not, the people here at Trinity hear your complaints and we are trying our hardest to fix some of the recurring problems we have here, but with the size of the company and with its longevity in the industry, many of these problems are long-term fixes and are not easily (or quickly) corrected.

BTW, if any of you have questions for me about Trinity, I will be more than happy to answer them. I only recently found this board and decided to jump in (you may recognize me if you frequent several other ATV forum sites).

EPDP99
12-15-2004, 02:49 PM
hey whats yor name, and what department do you work in? just wondering.....

rocketpig
12-15-2004, 02:52 PM
My name is Brock and I'm the advertising/webmaster guy.

I do all the ads, maintain the website, and answer all the internet questions on the seemingly 12,000 ATV forums there are on the net. :)

frankthetank
12-20-2004, 11:43 PM
i ride a 250 and it gets me around ok........lol.......250r:devil:

frosti108
12-21-2004, 12:43 PM
hey brock what happened to all your stuff for the 300ex??

i could swear i bought a few things from trinity a while back for my quad...

rocketpig
12-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by frosti108
hey brock what happened to all your stuff for the 300ex??

i could swear i bought a few things from trinity a while back for my quad...

We still make several things for both the 250 and 300... They're just not on our website. We don't get many requests for that stuff any more and I haven't had time to photograph the stuff again and get it up there...

In the case of some of the older quads (or brand new ones), it's best to call us and ask what we offer.

frosti108
12-21-2004, 12:51 PM
i think you should get a 300ex page back up there because isnt the 300ex one of the best selling quads out or something?? that means theres a whole lot of 300ex owners... and ill bet a whole bunch of those owners looking for new mods on the internet...

thanks,
ed

p.s. your quick, lol

rocketpig
12-21-2004, 01:00 PM
There is now a menu link for a 300ex that temporarily leads to an "under construction" link just so people know we make SOMETHING for the quad.

Thanks for the heads up. I never even noticed that the website made absolutely no reference to the 300ex or 250x. I could have sworn that I put something up there quite some time ago.

frosti108
12-21-2004, 01:31 PM
awesome, thanks. ya you guys used to have a whole page for the 300/250 just like you have for the other quads like the 400ex and such...

EPDP99
01-15-2005, 10:02 AM
well i had to bring this back up. i got my motor done by trinity and it just wasnt right. talked to the tech support(jim) and he was awesome. everything i could have wanted and more. found out it was out of time. trinity took the bike back and re-timed it because it was their mistake. then right before it went to them i put an 41mm fcr carb on it. not even jetted when i found out it was out of time. the fixed my quad, dyno it for power, and dynno it for jetting. all at the cost of nothing. I pick my bike back up the 19-22 of January. well see how it does but my experience has been outstanding. who ever says their customer service isnt up to par they need to rethink it. They treated me excellent. I have a huge smile and havent even gotten my bike. granted this could all change if the power isnt there but with all the reports of huge power out of all of trinity's motors I shouldnt be sceptical.

My bike went in for power/performance issues. which timing would do. my bike barely pulled a z-400 with spark arrestor removed. it should really freakin boogie now. A BIG THANKS to Trinity.

cals400ex
01-15-2005, 11:29 AM
keep us updated on how the motor runs. i am looking at modding mine a bit more too but i am not sure what route to go.