PDA

View Full Version : who can make a shorty?

03400EX_Nacs
12-07-2004, 01:53 PM
man i have been after this question for about 4 months now and no one knows... i dont think i have posted about it here though and i figured since it is the largest atv forums i have seen before someone here may know..... i would like to get a name brand pipe.... curtis sparks, hmf, etc... and get it cut.. but i cant find anyone who can do it. i know hmf will cut the one pipe that isnt colored but i would like the colored one. so is there even anyone i can send it to, to get it done?

Flynbryan19
12-07-2004, 01:57 PM
YOU can. All you need is a grinding wheel, or even a hacksaw, and some self-tapping screws or rivots. Tape off how short you want it and go to town. You'll have to shorten the inner perferated pipe as well, but its no problem. I used to do it all the time to my two-strokes.

03400EX_Nacs
12-07-2004, 02:00 PM
personally i would rather not do it myself.. i dont want to take ANY chances of messing i up.... but one thin i though about it like on the hmf and the curtis sparks where would i reroute the mounting bracket to?

Rico
12-07-2004, 02:10 PM
Take it from someone that HAD to cut their pipe down do to damage and not wanting to buy a new one. All it does is make more noise. Why would you want your exhaust to make more noise than it already does???

send it to me and I'll do it for $25 if your hellbent on havin it done...:eek2:

03400EX_Nacs
12-07-2004, 02:28 PM
i like the look a lot more of a shorty than other pipes and i heard like when you flip back and such like when racing you bend a lot easier when a regular pipe..... what all pipes can you do?

12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
send it here and I will cut it down and pc it what ever color you want!

03400EX_Nacs
12-07-2004, 03:26 PM
pc any pipe and color? and you can also cut any pipe? whats the price? BTW this is for a yfz