PDA

View Full Version : which pipe to buy

mystock450r
12-07-2004, 01:33 PM
i just got a new 450r about 2 months ago and have narrowed it down to either a tc pipe or a curtis. does anyone have any experience with either of these. anything helps. thanks

ZRider400
12-07-2004, 01:57 PM
well do you want a really really loud exhaust? then get tc

id go with HMF or sparks. IMO.

Jersey450R
12-07-2004, 02:00 PM
HMF for great low end to mid range, Sparks for awesome midrange, and TC for top end, although all these pipes make great power everywhere.
If your one that wants to make your quad sound good, go with HMF. I think someone on here is selling a Ballance system for a reasonable price.

mystock450r
12-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks guys! I talked to the mechanic at a local shop and he actually TT races his 450r and said he has run both pipes on his bike and said the tc is extremely loud for rec riding (which i do), but also told me that the tc gives more torque and is better for drag racing (which i also do regularly). He then told me that the sparks the best pipe hands down for all around power. Im kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place but am leaning more toward the sparks. :confused:

450 Racer R
12-07-2004, 06:02 PM
I love my TC. Both the sparks and TC are close in sound. They're both really loud. I think the TC might be better though because it has the shorter silencer.

rowlrag
12-07-2004, 06:05 PM
GT-Thunder slip on, makes more low end , the stock head pipe is big enough unless you go bigger bore or head work. I've run HMF and GT full systems, but this one I like best, not real loud either.

kazpr
12-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I just sold a HMF bill balance pie. I liked it ALOT. I just ordered a bigcore Sparks. The reason for the change is the HMF has INSANE amounts of low to mid.
I am now installing the 13:1 piston, sparks cam and getting headwork done.
With the setup I am going to, the HMF would be to much lowend and not enough topend for me. I feel the sparks is a better all around pipe for my needs now.

Hope I helped you some and not confused you more :) Later and good luck!

RedRaider
12-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Is there a noticeable difference between the stock head pipe and an aftermarket one? I have an HMF slip-on now but i've been thinking of getting a sparks.

Jersey450R
12-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by RedRaider
Is there a noticeable difference between the stock head pipe and an aftermarket one? I have an HMF slip-on now but i've been thinking of getting a sparks.
a larger diameter head pipe works great with a piston, but for a stock top end, the big pipe may cause you to loose the low end punch.

dn1911
12-08-2004, 11:36 AM
guys, your glasspack exhaust systems are all going to perform for the most part the same. if you want the best especially for a built engine you need to wait a little longer and do some serious thinking on the new Pulse Charger. if you do go to the .ORG site look up all the post by Mixxer and you will see what i'm talking about.