PDA

View Full Version : Kory Ellis

slosh13
12-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Well Cograts to Kory Ellis for finally gaining a factory ride. He is a guy who is fast a s*** and definately deserves it. Here is a nice picture of Kory from the ITP Quadcross Championshiop race. Anybody notice that hes running ELKA instead of his PEP?

http://********.com/images04/ellisqdcrss12504.jpg

Rico
12-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Yeah I'm wondering what type of shocks Team Yamaha will be running. Kory ran PEP, Ballance runs AXIS...... Hmmmmm

JHF219
12-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Congrats to Kory he is a really nice guy to meet in person and he deserves this ride !! big props!! :)

woodside83
12-07-2004, 02:38 PM
hope fully yamaha will step it up like suzuki did for gust and give him a whole team to work on his quad, and give him a run for the championship this year

norrisboat
12-07-2004, 02:57 PM
They are elka bodies but Precision Concepts Suspension is digging into his shocks. Jeremy Schell also runs elkas and has Precision Concepts work on his shocks.

daddio
12-07-2004, 03:10 PM
did you also notice the stock swingarm. Last time I saw him he was testing the '05 swingarm on his practice bike. Looks like they are tough enough to race with.

bradley300
12-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Yeah I'm wondering what type of shocks Team Yamaha will be running. Kory ran PEP, Ballance runs AXIS...... Hmmmmm

what about tires? those look like kendas and ballance has always been a maxxis guy. could be alot of things changing it looks like

Rico
12-08-2004, 07:26 AM
Is it possible that that pic was taken BEFORE his deal with Yamaha and that it's all his decisions on what to run.

Dust_1503
12-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Ellis is sponsored by yamaha but is still runnin under the alba action name so that still gives him le-way to run different setups.

Quadude32
12-08-2004, 12:19 PM
ATV Support
-------------------
Kory Ellis Bill Ballance

Factory SX/MX
----------------------
Tim Ferry Chad Reed
David Vuillemin Heath Voss

Yamaha of Troy SX/MX
----------------------------------
Kelly Smith Danny Smith
Brett Metcalfe Brock Sellards

Factory Road Race Graves Yamaha
---------------------------------------------
Damon Buckmaster Aaron Goebert
Jamie Hacking Jason Disalvo

Shogun Yamaha Arenacross
-------------------------------------
Chad Johnson Josh Demuth

Montclair Yamaha Off Road
----------------------------------
Russ Pearson Ty Davis
Nathan Woods

Am/Pro Yamaha Off Road
---------------------------------
Randy Hawkins Barry Hawk
Jason Raines

Patrick Racing Drag Racing
-----------------------------------
Rick McWaters

Freestyle
-------------
Nate Adams

http://********.com/fyi/yamraceteam-05.htm

norrisboat
12-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Is it possible that that pic was taken BEFORE his deal with Yamaha and that it's all his decisions on what to run.

That pic was taken from this weekend.

ex kid
12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Ellis has been using Kenda tires for a while.

YEAAAAAAA YAMAHA FINALLY GAVE THIS GUY SOME HELP! he was the first to ride the YFZ and do very well on it in MX and it was pretty stock at Mt. Morris.

Jeff2269
12-10-2004, 09:22 PM
I beleive Kory Ellis and Schell will be running the TBR products a arms and Elka suspension all next year in the GNC. Yes, Allen White from Precision concepts is doing all the tunning on the shocks.

khj
12-10-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Jeff2269
I beleive Kory Ellis and Schell will be running the TBR products a arms and Elka suspension all next year in the GNC. Yes, Allen White from Precision concepts is doing all the tunning on the shocks.

Yes they will be running Epic Suspension and Elka shocks prepped by Allen White of Precision Concepts Racing

TBR no longer exists

12-23-2004, 09:46 AM
The TBR name no longer exists as a brand name, they changed the name to Epic Suspension for more marketability. The developer/manufacturer is still the same people.
That race, Kory had been testing the setup with Elka shocks. Whether or not he continues to run them has yet to be detirmined though it seems that it didn't slow him down a bit.
It also looks as though Alba is now working more with Epic to outfit many riders on their teams in order to gain continuity. It would seem rather difficult for them to get suspension components from all over the place rather than one local shop they can work with side by side.
Interestingly, Kory and Jeremy Schell both ran Epic setups, Wayne Matlock won the Best in the Desert Series on Epic and the Bombardier team Alba sponsers won all the SCORE races running Epic suspension. All of them are Alba riders.
Looks like Epic and Precision Concepts are doing somthing right.

Tastykake Kid
12-23-2004, 11:41 AM
EPIC SUSPENSIONS is definiitely the way to go!
If or when I need to replace my a-arms, swingarm or stem I'll definitely be calling EPIC. Their work is 2nd to none. They did an amazing job on my Z400 frame. Definitely worth checking out.

khj
12-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Ellis and Schell will both be running Elka shocks and Epic suspension all next year.

mom
01-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Who is going to be using PEP shocks this year? Tim Farr? Anyone else? in the PRO class GNC?

Harvey
01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Congratulations to Kory on the Yamaha ride!

khj
01-08-2005, 12:47 AM
Kory has also made the switch to ITP tires

Kory deserves everything he gets
he is one hell of a nice guy and a great rider

but I am afraid you will not see yamaha putting forth the same effort that suzuki is

ex kid
01-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by mom
Who is going to be using PEP shocks this year? Tim Farr? Anyone else? in the PRO class GNC?

Jasmine Plante, Dunkelberger, Walsh, Goodman?