PDA

View Full Version : need some help with calculas.

Martin Blair
12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Anyone that is in calc. in highshcool or college possible help me out here, Im in pre-calc as a Junior and our teacher is a football caoch that is their to fill the empty position. Well you no how that goes the teaching constis of coping the example from the book onto the board, then when a question is asked, doing the exact same example again. Well I still dontget dividing polynomials, and the way he explains is sucks. I got a D on last quiz so he letting us correct them but he can't help at all.

Anyway could someone pealse solve this problem and explain how you get the answer? Just as a better example then the one form the book.

x^4 + 3x^3 - 5x^2 - 18x + 12

thanks

Bush0102
12-06-2004, 10:09 PM
i tried...but i couldnt find a way to factor it. that's the only way i can think of- factor the top and try to pull out an x^2+(3x-2).

Bush0102
12-06-2004, 10:14 PM
hold on, i may be on to something...back in a few

Bush0102
12-06-2004, 10:15 PM
the domain is all real #s except -1 and -2, if that helps

Bush0102
12-06-2004, 10:21 PM
i give up, thats hard as hell. sorry man. try going to another math teacher in your school that you know and ask for help.

n00b on a 400ex
12-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
Anyone that is in calc. in highshcool or college possible help me out here, Im in pre-calc as a Junior and our teacher is a football caoch that is their to fill the empty position. Well you no how that goes the teaching constis of coping the example from the book onto the board, then when a question is asked, doing the exact same example again. Well I still dontget dividing polynomials, and the way he explains is sucks. I got a D on last quiz so he letting us correct them but he can't help at all.

Anyway could someone pealse solve this problem and explain how you get the answer? Just as a better example then the one form the book.

thanks

this is gonna be a b|tch, lets see here
X^2 + 3x - 5x - 6 + 12
-----
X^2 -2x +6

screw it, im too stupid for callouse or however its spelled,
w00t, sophmore in freshman algabra and proud of it!

big_poppa49
12-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer

:eek2: :huh glad I graduated last year, school aint doing nuttin but getting harder!!

I never took that stuff through out my high school year. I just took Alg 1a 1b, not Alg 2. I took geometry but I failed it and never took it again. All that stuff is not necessary or required, they just try to make you take it. I never took any foreign lang. or anything. I didnt even take Chemistry. I still graduated with the rest and can still get into college doing what I want to do

wilkin250r
12-07-2004, 09:24 AM
I can help, but I need to understand the problem first.

Is this a simple polynomial division problem? If so, that's not really "calculus", it's actually just algebra problem (though a complex one).

OR, are you actually doing calculus and trying to find the derivative if that equation?

Post the answer and I'll give you a full explanation of how to find it.

wilkin250r
12-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Can you open a Microsoft Word document? I would imagine you can.

It's very difficult to write equations on here, so if you give me your email address, I can send you a Word document with a complete explanation.

If anybody else is really all that curious about the answer, just give me your email addy and I'll send you the same document.