PDA

View Full Version : Automated resizing of pictures with adobe

beerock
12-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Well, as most of you know, I posted over 200 pictures in my vacation thread. IMAGINE resizing all of them manually!!!

well, thanks to my luck the night before I posted all the pictures my buddy told me about a automated resizing function in adobe.

first, put all the high resolution pics in there own folder and name it whatever you like then make a new folder for the resized pictures. open up adobe now.

go to file, then automate, then webphoto gallery

go to browse and target the high res picture folder, make sure you dont have all subfolders included unless you have folders in that folder that that you would like to resize as well.

then go to destination and target the resized folder.

once that is done go to options and select large images then check resize images, select custom and type the amount of pixels you would like the pictures to be resized to, I USED 800 pixels. constrain BOTH, and jpeg quality to medium # 5.

Once all of this is done hit ok and sit back and relax it will resize all images for you.

NOW, this is not the exact way to do it because the automation creates thumbnail pictures as well as resized images, what i did was delete the pictures in all the fodlers BUT IMAGES folder.

if I didnt automate this process it would have taken me at least 5 hours resizing all the pics, instead it took one hour(I went to sleep and woke up with all the pics done.. ;)

I hope this helps everyone!

Destructo
12-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Man, thats awesome, i'll have to remember that!