PDA

View Full Version : People from Mass. Ever hear stories about...

hemi operator
12-06-2004, 06:11 PM
A certain store/shop in Bridgewater that is also a salvage yard (don't want to name names now) stealing back used bikes after owners take them home?

A guy I know bought a used couple of year old 400EX from them a year or so ago. It was an impulse buy, so nobody, not even his wife or friends knew he bought it. The only people who knew he bought it and had access to his address and info were employees of the store. He brought it home in an enclosed trailer and put it right into his shed, in a very wooded out of site yard, so even the neighbors couldn't see it. He got into a beef with someone there when he bought it because they mis-quoted their price and he made them stick to it because it was a good deal. They were pissed that they were selling it to him so cheap.

The next day after he picked it up he wakes up and heads to his shed. There were 2 sets of footprints leading up to and around his shed, and the door was broken open. Inside, his chain was halfway cut open. Why they stopped he has no idea unless something spooked the would-be thiefs and they took off.

I figured there's plenty reason there to assume there's a pretty good chance it was someone from the store/shop. However, I also figured it was an isolated incident. The other day I was talking to a cousin who I haven't spoken to in a long time and mentioned the story. He said he had heard the same story from someone else in another town who bought a quad from them who had the same experience and had the same reasons to think maybe it was someone from the place because nobody else even knew yet that he had the quad. My cousin also said he was there one day looking for a part for one of his bikes and on the ground was a milk crate full of ATV license plates and when the guy he was talking to saw him looking down at them suddenly stopped talking and grabbed the crate and took it inside.

I'm just curious to ask if anyone has had similar experiences or heard of anything similar. I was thinking of looking for a quad there, but not if I'm going to have to guard my garage with my AR-15 afterwards.

theTman
12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
sounds pretty risky....but i think that if you store it properly...itll be fine

i hate these kind of idiots

mxraptor71
12-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I know which shop you are talking of and i have heard of some shady things that went on there with parts (engine) sales.

12-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Cycle the chop shop Pros?

Destructo
12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Pay with cash and don't give them your info, they shouldn't need your info to make a sale.

mxraptor71
12-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
ya

hemi operator
12-06-2004, 07:55 PM

affirmative

derekhonda
12-06-2004, 08:09 PM
contact the better business bureau, try and get it to stop, dont let it keep going on.

MY450R
12-07-2004, 08:29 AM
yes ive heard of it
we also had a shop here in western mass doing the same thing

12-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Ive heard of Cycle Pro8s doing that, too. Do they allegedly take em and then put them right back on the showroom floor?

Cycle Pros Chop Shop and Printing Center
Dont have a title??? I think we can handle that!!!

rollie
12-07-2004, 03:31 PM
i bought my quad there and had noo problems...but ive heard some stories....

if they where lookin for my quad they wouldnt even notice it.....i bought it stock!:eek:

hemi operator
12-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I didn't want to mention their name and drag it through the mud or make accusations unless there were other stories out there. I'm just not that kind of person to do that without facts. I guess it seems they do in fact have a reputation for doing these things. I do in fact also know another guy who bought a Blaster there a while back and he too had no problems at all. I think I will stay away though!