PDA

View Full Version : how to start off

tp300ex
12-06-2004, 05:22 PM
well im going to start racing after new years and i was j/w what u have to do to get started.Also can i have a piped 400ex and keep up in the beginers class and do u have to be 16 to race a 400ex.

Destructo
12-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Most racing sanctions are not going to let you race a 400ex if you are under 16. But its different depending on where your at and which sanction it is. I know its that way around here.

And the pipe might put you in a modified type class or something. Usually you have to run in a stock class and you would probably be put with the 250cc 2-strokers if they have a 250cc quad class, they usually always let higher cc 4-strokes run with the smaller 2-strokes because of power differences.

You are gonna wanna practice a lot before you actually start, but you should be fine in a beginner class, but your going to be put with similar sized machines, not sure if that means the 450s or not, I don't think it would, that should be a different class.

I assume your talking about Motocross here?

Mxjunkie
12-06-2004, 05:29 PM
your going to need a kill switch

tp300ex
12-06-2004, 05:31 PM
yes and for the kill switch like one for when i fall off it kills??

Mxjunkie
12-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
yes and for the kill switch like one for when i fall off it kills??

yup pro-design makes one

300extreme#8
12-06-2004, 07:15 PM
ok here u go.......

First,find ur location u plan on racing,call and ask for requirements they have,like must have boots,googles,kill switch nerfs,etc.
then make sure u have teh simple gear,boots gloves chest protectors, and most teh time u must have nerf bars and a kill switch so u can spend money on high priced stuff or cheap stuff on ebay ,what ever gets the job done,doesn't matter what brand they all surve teh same purpose,... ok get everything on tight and holded up... next u shoudl try to go to teh track to see what it looks like and practice,plus when ur there it would be smart to find where u would liek to park on the race day.when u practice,roll all the jumps ,don't get excited and jump stuff off the bat,, take it slow and get used to ridin close and next to otehr quads.. and after afew laps it's goood to stop at the gates .and practice ur starting,1st gear sit as far forward on the seat as u can but try not to lean ur body over as much,rev it up and pop, the clutch and get er did...well after that before u leave or when u call ask what time everthing starts from practice to the races,then show up in plenty of time to get that parkin place and be ready to ride,and strech really good,good luck and have fun

dirt308
12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
I was wondering the same thing i have loked at the racetracks website for the one around here and they say all quad classes riders must be atleast 16 years of age. But no other youth classes or anything. I live in NY by lak ontario. does anybody know of any other race tracks around here?

ReconRider25
12-06-2004, 07:27 PM
^^^^what town do u live in and what track are you talking about? i cant find any tracks in my area....and the closest track for the wnyoa is a couple hours away.....

dirt308
12-06-2004, 08:09 PM
I live around 2 hours from frozen oceans. Thats the only track I can find around me.