PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the Cam apart?

TrxTex
04-20-2002, 11:37 PM
I recently bought an 11:1 piston, the web cam all around, and a rev limiter.... I have it all in except for the cam. Im having trouble getting the cam broke down. How do I get the cam sprocket holder (dont know what its called) off of the camshaft?....heres the trick....without using a press. That thing is really stuck on there!!!

Any help would be appreciated.....I hope to get it back together tomorrow so I can break it in and test it out.

Thanks!

VegasEx'r
04-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Are you talking about removing the sprocket that is on the camshaft? I just want to make sure I understand so I don't give you bad advice (or advice you don't need, or something like that). If that's what you're talking about, the 2 bolts should come right off.

Leo
04-21-2002, 05:00 AM
if your talking about the bracket that the camshaft sprocket bolts to, your going to need a press, I don't think there is any way around that.. :( any machine shop and/or garage should be able to swap it for you for a minimal fee...

Leo

TrxTex
04-21-2002, 08:39 AM
I figured I would need a press. I guess I'll drive all over town looking for something thats open.

If not...I have a hydaulic jack that I can rig something up on.

TrxTex
04-21-2002, 02:31 PM
I got it all back together! I'm in the process of breaking it in. Not sure if the jetting is still good. I bought it used and I dont know what jet the guy had in it. What jet do you guys that have the same mods use? I may need to change mine when I get it broke in.

About breaking it in...the instructions that cam with the cam said to not let it idle below 2000 rpms until broke in. All you guys who say to let it idle must have gotten a different set of instructions?

Thanks to all that helped.....that was my first time....Im not a virgin any longer!