PDA

View Full Version : Engine Noise

Ken Klosterman
12-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Just wanting to know if anybody is getting some ticking noise in their motor. Doesn't seem to do it at idle. Just under load conditions. Had the bike since March and has just starting to tick. I'm using Amoca 92 octane. Emptied all fuel and put fresh gas in but no change. Going to make a long trip from Iowa to Glamis at the end of January and I don't want to grenade anything when I'm out there hammering on it.

Shoud I take it in and have them look at the top end to make sure nothings coming loose?? At this stage it is out of warranty.

Thanks!!

450rRIPPER
12-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Mine started to tick, so I shut it off. Took it to get look at the next day. I needed a new Rocker Arm and a new HRC Camshaft. Mine was under warranty. Mine sounded like a stop watch at idle.

ckasper18
12-06-2004, 11:57 AM
It would not hurt to have it checked out we had one or two come threw the shop and they were just valve adjustments.That is some of the routine maintanence .Better to be safe than sorry.....Chris

12-06-2004, 08:24 PM
mine ticks..its normal on these engines to be noisy cause everythings so lightweight I heard or something....i had my valves adjusted & everything looked at so its normal

Jersey450R
12-06-2004, 08:46 PM
i noticed when i first start mine when its not warm, it chatters real bad, but if i have the clutch in, it stops the chatter noise. does anyone know what this is?

450rRIPPER
12-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Mine never ticked untill then. And it doesn't tick anymore.