PDA

View Full Version : Dumping gas on wheelies...what to do?

SixDubR
12-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Hey everyone, just had some questions about stunting on my 250EX...My buddies and I go out frequently on the streets and practice our combos and wheelies which means our quads are up in the air alot...I was wondering if there is anyway to keep the gas from spilling out everytime the quad is up...I know it is there for a purpose but just wondering if anyone else has done anything about it...I was thinking about buying another small reservoir and mounting it under the quad and running the overflow line into it so it collects all the unused/spilled gas and just pour it back in....what you guys think? I posted this in the powertrain forum but I thought Id get better luck here...

JR3
12-06-2004, 04:19 AM
all i did with my 250ex was stunt because it had hand breaks etc and yea they dump a lot of gas but if u ride trails or anything ud prolly have to worry bout the resiveior(sp) getting ripped off

rollie
12-12-2004, 04:59 PM
ahha ask atkins450....we showed up at the pit i had a full tank.....i did a bunch of wheelies and since im just learnin i fell over quite a few times...lol i lost alot of gas..i dont think there anyway to stop it...

zracerx
12-12-2004, 05:13 PM
You need to get a check valve. It goes in the vent line on the gas cap.It lets the air in but doesen't let gas out. Not sure were to get them but I know there out there.

Syrus
12-12-2004, 05:37 PM
I had a 250ex and did wheelies allll the time, i never noticed any gas spilling, it was a 2001, i dont know if they changed anything for that year, but i never had gas spill out while in a wheelie at all.

That odd how you guys noticed that, id like to help ya but mine never had this problem.

bama400ex
12-12-2004, 05:40 PM
i think he is talking about the overflow for the carb bowl. yea just get some kind of catch can and hook it up to the hose. ive tried closing the hose up before, and it just makes it bog. like you said its there for a purpose. ive never tried it on a 250ex before, so you might wanna try plugging the hose up before you go the the trouble of moutning a catch can. but i doubt it will work. it shouldnt be to hard to figure something out to catch the gas.

SixDubR
12-12-2004, 10:28 PM
I am going to just secure a 1 liter bottle under the air box and hook it in there and see what she does

397ccEX
12-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Thatl work
I think they all do that once they get vertical

02redrecon
12-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by zracerx
You need to get a check valve. It goes in the vent line on the gas cap.It lets the air in but doesen't let gas out. Not sure were to get them but I know there out there.

i need one of those.... wonder if it wuld hurt it