PDA

View Full Version : another ebay scam

nosliw
12-05-2004, 08:30 PM
hope it already hasn't been posted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7939290902&category=6763

maybe that dumbass on here who wanted to rig a hairdryer up to his quad for a turbo will buy it..

SGA
12-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Ive always wondered if someting like that would work, I dont mean 40 HP, I mean more like 10 HP. More air =More HP.

nosliw
12-05-2004, 10:25 PM
sure does. but when they are saying "better than nitrous" it's past the point of small pointless add-on.

pretty funny i think. maybe i should hook that up to my duramax and have a 'twin turbo' set up :eek2:

zedicus00
12-05-2004, 10:42 PM
dont think u could suk enuf air through that filter to do u much good with or withought that fan, not to mention how much more often u r gunna hafta change that filter. in theory it is a good idea but it would help more in the low to mid rpms then the upper. and even saying it adds 10hp is prolly pushin it.

LazeR
12-05-2004, 11:11 PM
If they give it to me i will try it. I wouldn't even pay shipping for something like that. I feel sorry for the poor sucker who wins it!

SGA
12-06-2004, 12:09 AM
I understand the principle and know a good bit about turbochargers, blowers and such and always have wondered if and electric blower would work.
I doubt it could spin up quickly enough to give the engine boost when its needed.

Heck, if something like a electric blower did work, it would be on all cars. There, I answered my own question.:D

nosliw
12-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by SGA
I understand the principle and know a good bit about turbochargers, blowers and such and always have wondered if and electric blower would work.
I doubt it could spin up quickly enough to give the engine boost when its needed.

Heck, if something like a electric blower did work, it would be on all cars. There, I answered my own question.:D

they do have electric blowers. difference between those and this is that they cost waaaay most, use waaaay more juice to power them, and don't come with an airfilter the size of the oil filter on my quad. they also don't spool up. their speed doesn't really have anything to do with engine output (like a super or turbo would), they give a more flat boost from idle to full throttle.

big-guy
12-06-2004, 12:38 AM
The problem with the electric boost is the inefficiency of powering an electric fan. You'd waste the hp gained spinning the alternator to recharge the battery. Might as well just supercharge the thing.