PDA

View Full Version : ? about tire wear

ESR250R
04-20-2002, 09:53 PM
i've been looking at a-arms lately and was wondering on the a-arms that make the tires kickout on the bottom / \ wear funny on the track. wouldnt that make the insides of the tire wear differently?

stocktires
04-20-2002, 11:16 PM
I havent seen much wear on mine with a little negative camber/ \ Im trying to find some smalle spacers to make it have more so i can adjust it more. With neg camber it makes the tire bite into a corner much better. You could always rotate the tires, couldn't ya?

Ex'r Marlin
04-21-2002, 06:52 PM
I think the a-arms you are looking at are adjustable ones. Normally you see them set with negative chamber on MX tracks to help the front tires get their full tire print planted in turns with minimal tire flex..... Which otherwise may cause some pushing and roll. If you do a lot of straight away riding, I would think you would start wearing done on the insides of your tires, but if you do a lot of "fast" turns, I think the tires will wear properly with the negative chamber. Again, these a-arms are adjustable, and the rider can set it up to his/her preference.