PDA

View Full Version : AC bumper

Aarons 01 400EX
12-05-2004, 04:26 PM
I bought this bumper a couple weeks ago and finally took the quad out to ride and managed to hit a small tree going about 3-5mph. It bent the bumper and the welds broke. I would of thought that this $100 part would of held up a little better. :rolleyes:

nosliw
12-05-2004, 04:38 PM
better it break than hold up and bent your quads frame

chucked
12-05-2004, 04:48 PM
3-5 mph no way, you were goin faster, i think mine idles faster then that. People are funny, then want a strong *** bumper, then they wonder why their frame bent when they hit a tree.

Aarons 01 400EX
12-05-2004, 05:05 PM
No I was going pretty damn slow. I was stopped and trying to turn left and let the clutch out and b/c it was so slick, the front tires kept going straight into the tree. I had 4 buddies that watched me do it and none of them could believe that they broke that easily. I've managed to hit a tree with the stock bumper and it did no damage compared to this. I'm disappointed in the quality of the piece.

sampleez
12-05-2004, 10:32 PM
i've got an AC stadium and this weekend at a indoor race i slammed a flipped quad goin about 20 or so and it just bent my a little

TC426EX
12-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Im Running the AC bumper on mine, and it has seen its share of crahses and is barely bent at all. I dont doubt you though. AC quality is hit or miss. I know for a fact that thier fit + finish is pretty bad. Just about every AC part Ive had from bumper, to nerfs, to swingarm skid needed MAJOR tweaking to fit right. Hell, I had to drill out new holes in the swingarm skid for it to lineup with the mounts at all! I also had to bend the nerfs, and tweak the bumper mounts to fit. Once they are mounted though I havent had a problem with any of them besides the nerfs, which I broke one side off when I landed with my foot off the peg on a big double...

pead_24
12-06-2004, 05:10 PM
I had to bend my bottom front bumper mount like 3/4 of an inch to line up the holes other than that i had no problems with it. i noticed after you take it off and on a few times it fits easier

Destructo
12-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Its gonna take quit a good hit head on to bend the frame, the way its built its gonna take one helluva hit to bend it, but I managed to crush the steel tube on my stock bumper when I nailed a tree right in the middle.

I'm actually not surprised if you hit the tree with the part of the bumper that sticks out and not right in the middle, its just aluminum and aluminum is not very strong when it comes to that, especially weak at the weld points, it puts a lot of stress on the weld when you hit something off center like that.

Aarons 01 400EX
12-07-2004, 05:08 PM
I just can't believe that a company would put something this weak out on the market and call it a bumper. My stock one would of held up better than this. I'm pissed that I spent the money and it bent so easily.

What bumper should I get next?

Dust_1503
12-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro-armor, Blingstar maybe?, IMS bumper is nice too

JRDrider22
12-09-2004, 04:02 PM
it sounds like you hit the tree on an angle. i nailed a nother quad going through whoops and mine didnt bend...only i did