PDA

View Full Version : Just Installed Hrc Kit!!!!!!!

Phillip
12-05-2004, 01:37 PM
I just installed the hrc kit and its kind of hard to tell if there was a difference or not. All i noticed was that i have to shift alot quicker and hits the rev limiter alot faster too!! i was thinking it was going to be crazy when i got it back?? is there anything that they could have done wrong??the only thing i noticed is that it idles a little funny. i am still using the stock air filter because there wasnt one in stock. could that effect performance??

kazpr
12-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Phillip
I am still using the stock air filter because there wasnt one in stock. could that effect performance??

Not much @ all. Get you a DR D slipon and that is suppose to help ALOT I have heard.

Phillip
12-05-2004, 01:46 PM
i already have the factory 4 full system and it rips no need for the dr d

BOONE450R
12-05-2004, 01:52 PM
I just installed the hrc kit and its kind of hard to tell if there was a difference or not. All i noticed was that i have to shift alot quicker and hits the rev limiter alot faster too!! i was thinking it was going to be crazy when i got it back?? is there anything that they could have done wrong??the only thing i noticed is that it idles a little funny. i am still using the stock air filter because there wasnt one in stock. could that effect performance??
well if you shift quick and it the rev limiter more, don't you think something is different? it makes more power quicker then the stock cam this is why you see this. as far as idle don't know whats up with that they could have not set the decompression right, its hard to say.

Phillip
12-05-2004, 02:00 PM
hwat do u mean by decompression???

BOONE450R
12-05-2004, 02:07 PM
the motor has a decompresser on it. it decompresses the exhaust valve on start up. its a centrifugal release if not set right it could affect idle by decompressing the valve some at low RPMs

Phillip
12-05-2004, 02:09 PM
can it hurt anything

BOONE450R
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
yes it could, it could burn the valve some. do you have a service manual? if not you should order one from the owners manual.

iceracer65
12-05-2004, 10:14 PM
it will idle rougher cause of the lopy cam....put an exhaust on in and a 190 jet and hang on. not a better cam out there:devil:

kazpr
12-05-2004, 10:33 PM
i already have the factory 4 full system and it rips no need for the dr d

I think he has one.