PDA

View Full Version : Hotcam Vs. Web cam

hondardr4life
12-05-2004, 12:57 PM
I want to put in a drop in cam in my 300ex. I dont want to do anything to drastic so I am combining it with a Wiseco 11.1 piston and a 400ex carb. I was going to get a .20 bore, but I just tore apart my engine this morning and my cylinder wall is perfect. You can still see all the crosshatches that the factory put in. So anyways, my question is, should I get a Hotcam or a web cam? Also, is it worth getting a port and polish? How much performance will it give me, or isnt it worth it?

P.S. If any1 knows hotcams website, could you please post a link.

Aceman
12-05-2004, 01:26 PM
There are no 300ex Hotcams. Also, www.whitebros.com has a drop in cam, it requires aftermarket valve springs though. I've also heard it wears out your rockers but I can't confirm that.

hondamxerd
12-05-2004, 02:35 PM
i have had a white brothers cam for almost two years without any valve spring mods, no problems at all, i could'nt tell you how much help it was though, i did all my mods at one time, head pipe, slip on, ignition, sprockets, k and n, and no air box

hondardr4life
12-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Did you get the hardened rocker arms?

hondamxerd
12-05-2004, 07:57 PM
no, but this may have not been the right thing to do, or the right way to do it, i m sure it would probably be wise to do what everyone else reccomends, i probably would have done all that, but the shop that did the work for me did a horrible job,
after all the work they did, they did not even rejet the quad, when i rode it and it was shooting white smoke out the exhaust and stumbled when i nailed it they said to ride it and it will get better, so they did not do anything right, but to this day it still runs, and it has been rode hard

hondardr4life
12-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Sounds exactly what like I plan on doing. So does anyone have any info on port and polish?