PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a plow on their lawn tractor

chucked
12-05-2004, 11:45 AM
My father bought a dlt 3000 over the summer (non-hydrostatic) He got a plow and tire chains for it Just wondering if anyone has ever plowed snow with a lawn tractor and if it really works work a crap.

http://popularmechanics.com/home_improvement/gardening/2003/8/yardwork/images/lg_sears1-lg.jpg

cknox88
12-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Well I dont have one but my friend and I pushed some snow one year on his lawn tractor and I had my dads fourwheeler. His did an ok job but not real good. it could push stuff pretty good on something with a good base(concete,asphalt). But he didnt have wheel weights. I think if i were you i would invest in some and try that out. I think it should do pretty good if you get some.

LTandRaptorider
12-05-2004, 12:36 PM
yes, wheel weights definitely needed. I had one before, the plow hooks up so the pushing is distributed to the rear axle... with wheel weights it did ok. I did a 200ft uphill driveway with up to 8 inches of snow. But I really liked my Kubota much better! :p ;)

chucked
12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I am going to make a little rack that can hold some weight, to be placed on the hitch. Also I weight 220 so....