PDA

View Full Version : newbie with motor setup?s

stick400
12-04-2004, 10:33 PM
well this is not my first 400 but i have decided to stop spending so much time on my car and work on the 400. i have not read alot about these so i don't know alot about what kind of setup works best. i have a 440 big bore kit with 11:1. what else could i do that would help this out, i saw the hotcams on ebay and was thinking of a stage 2? i also wanted to know about a good ignition system. i also have a yoshi slip on but plan on getting the rest of the system. i ride mostly in open fields for my riding style. any help would be apperciated.

stick400
12-04-2004, 10:37 PM
also will a stock carb work on this setup?

mojoe2878
12-05-2004, 12:00 AM
the stock carb will work fine, but you would see a nice throttle response increase and some more power with a better aftermarket carb.
if you dont already have one i would get a full exhaust system too.
as far as the aftermarket rev box, i dont like them, they seem to make it hard to start in cold weather and some other problems with them that i dont like, thats why i just use the stock one.
as far as the cam , if you want more low end to mid range power then go with the stage 1 hot cam, if you want more mid to top range power then go with the stage 2.
hope this helps some with your question.

chad502ex
12-05-2004, 06:56 AM
take off the top end and send the head to get it port/flowed. It's the most reliable HP you can obtain for the money spent. Port/Flow in combination with a Stage 2 cam should really open the 440 up for open field riding.

hope this helps.
chad