PDA

View Full Version : How does a rookie get sponsered?

400exstud
12-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Considering the fact that I am 14 and have no excess money I would like to know how to get sponsered. The hard part is that I have no race history (cause I don't have the bike for it). How do you get companies to sponser you when you don't have any race history?

Honda4trax250x
12-04-2004, 08:17 PM
small town-based companys

maybe your local dealer if it isnt really too huge

or just become a non-rookie and then go for sponserships

rollie
12-04-2004, 08:58 PM
win some races then approach them...thats what im doin!

12-04-2004, 09:08 PM
You cant look at it as a way of getting free money. If you dont race, forget it.

Hondadudeehhhh
12-04-2004, 09:12 PM
what about ameture freestyle? could i get a sponsor from doing a little freestyle. bigger than like nac nacs and like no handers but nothing huge like a christ air yet.

Toadz400
12-04-2004, 10:04 PM
I don't think you're going to get sponsored if you don't do anything (race). Unless you have a lot of people who are going to see your sponsors stickers on your quad when you're riding at your house? Go out and race and do good, then you'll get the sponsors...and maybe even the girls;) .

SRH
12-04-2004, 10:53 PM
sponsors arent going to help much in the quad industry unless your really good, you can get liek 15% off and free stickers thats about it.... and usually the 15% off isnt as good of a deal as rockymountain

n00b on a 400ex
12-05-2004, 12:01 AM
try and pull off a backflip duribg a race on a 30ft tabletop and succesfully land it, that might turn a few heads :blah:

atvmxrcr86
12-05-2004, 12:41 AM
www.dirtwheelsmag.com/riding.asp or look up www.douggust.com there you can find some tips. a few tips for you though, get a few pics of you riding, hiting a few jumps, good corner pics, about 2-4 is all you need. NACS is pretty good about sponsoring rookie riders. when i first started racing, i sent them an e-mail requesting info on their support program. i also included that i have only raced 1 or 2 times, ever. they said it didnt matter and to send in a resume anyway. it may take several months to get parts though, major back order all the time, thats why i dont have them no more.
or, better yet, you can send a resume to chris@albaaction.com they are my primary sponsor and i love the service they have given me. BUT, you have to be serious about racing and making a valiant effort to make it to the top. either way, good luck

400exstud
12-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Theirs no doubt I would be serious about racing. My parents HELPED me buy my quad and we have alot of resources for racing but my parents won't buy me any parts! Back orders on parts would be nothing. I garentee it would be faster than me earning money at my job ($6.00/hour)!!!:p

Do you guys think that I could race local MX with my bike (signiture)? Without the H-Ds though:p

steveatv3
12-07-2004, 06:12 PM
win some races get a resume and apply, i had alot of little companys approach me and like reps for goggle companys ect.

And for fmx, you need to look good and stand out of the crowd of people throwing no footers, bigger, faster, higher. If you are serious into fmx then you can get sponsors.

good luck