PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

hondardr4life
12-04-2004, 07:12 PM
I am about to tear down my motor and put in a wiseco 11.1 piston, and an all around web cam. I have been reading all the old posts about a 400ex carb on a 300ex, but I couldnt find the info i wanted. How much of a difference will I notice? Also, will I lose bottom end power at all? Because I really like to climb hills and I dont want to screw any of that up. I have an FMF megamax full system exhaust and I am going to be switching to a HMF slip on with a WB headpipe. Am I going to loose bottom end switching to that pipe or will I gain even more? Thanks in advane 4 all replys!

mojoe2878
12-05-2004, 12:09 AM
you should gain power all around with the pipe and carb.
it really depends on the cam that you use as to where it will give you better power. the hot cams stage 1 is good for low to mid range power.

hondardr4life
12-05-2004, 06:12 AM
I ordered a stage 1 web cam. I am hoping that my stock springs/ rockers will hold up. I am just mainly wanting to know if the carb or worth doing or if I shouldn't even bother. I also want to know if my bottom end will suffer at all.

mojoe2878
12-05-2004, 09:08 AM
you should feel the difference with the carb at low and all thru the power range. everyone i know that has put a bigger carb on was very suprised at the power gains that they got with just a carb.
i have a web cam and i cant remember what grind it is right off but i know its one of the radical ones that i had to install stronger rocker, stiffer springs and shorten the valve guides.
i think the stage 1 web cam is one of the few they have that are drop ins that you dont have to use all the hardend stuff with but im not 100% sure. it should tell you with the paper work that comes in the box with it if you need the hardend rockers and stiffer springs, if it says you do and you dont want to mess with all that then send it back and get the hot cams stage 1, they are good cams and they are drop ins.

hondardr4life
12-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Bumo, anyone else know anything about the 400 carb??

buster369
12-07-2004, 09:39 PM
i just bought a 400 carb for my 300ex which has a **** load of stuff in it and 90 to 95 percent of the people said it will make a big difference. the weisco piston and webcam stuff create tons of torque and i geared it up and i still have more than enough torque to do any hillclimbs and believe me i do some dam big hill climbs that most people wouldn't think on goin up.

hondardr4life
12-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Buster369,

Thanks. So what your saying is that the 400 carb will add a lot and wont hurt bottom end at all. Just a couple more questions for you, I see that you have a webcam, but what stage is it?, because you have the springs and rockers. I was just going to get a stage 1 so I could skip on the springs and rockers. Last, How does the CDI work for you? I was going to get 1 but i heard there not worth the money and it makes them harder to start in the winter.

buster369
12-08-2004, 07:26 AM
well i'm sorry to say but thats what ive herd about the 400 carbs, i haven't got the chance to put mine on yet and the cdi is goin on friday. i finally got around to gettin the stuff but haven't tried it out yet. I will let u know how the stuff works as soon as i try it. as far as what i have in the bike, the webcam is one of the higher stages and actually the only reason that i got it was becuase the white brothers cams were on back order for like 2 months and i got tired of waiting and found a place with the webcam sittin on the shelf. ya it costed more money but in the end i say it was all money well spent. :D