PDA

View Full Version : kidney belt

04-20-2002, 07:33 PM
do any of u have bad backs and while tough trail rides u throw out or hurt your backs. I do, and i was wondering if kidney belts staighten u out and won't allow you to throw it out?

redzoomer
04-20-2002, 09:40 PM
I broke 2 vertibrates in my back about 5 years ago racing TT. I wear a back brace all the time or I will pay for it for days,..

big-guy
04-20-2002, 09:56 PM
It really varies from person to person. I'm supposed to wear a back belt at work, but I don't, because it actually makes my muscles sore.
I ride with it though, it seems to help. Who knows? I think it has a lot to do with what kind of movements you're making, and if you're smart enough to take it off when you don't need it.

Woodsrider
04-21-2002, 09:37 AM
I always wear a brace, I feel much better when I do!

Tommy 17
04-23-2002, 03:20 PM
i wear ones at times... it does keep me up straighter but my back has been hurting extremly bad for the last 2 dayz... i think its just for bottoming out my shocks though...

Tlongs400
04-23-2002, 05:08 PM
i wore a kidney belt once on a ride for about 5 hours and my back was sore for a week.

crookedeyemoto-x
04-24-2002, 06:28 PM
If I dont wear mine when I race, my back is sore for days.

R-Crazy
04-29-2002, 06:24 PM
i wear one just to keep my food down after going out to a lunch place in the desert.

dave

lil400exman
05-06-2002, 02:42 PM
i really like mine if i jump without it i am walkin around like a neandrathal for a few days but when i wear it i feel like a million buks when i get done riding when my buddies are al cryin to me bout how much there bak hurrts and stupid stuff sso if you ride hard and fast get one!:D

05-19-2002, 12:04 PM
i dont ride with any kind of back support. it doesnt hurt me cause im still young, unlike some of you old farts!:D
i want to buy a kidney belt

Red Rooster
05-19-2002, 01:53 PM
When I ride without my belt, and jump, I get a gut ache. With my belt I feel fine. Some people need them, some don't.

05-20-2002, 07:11 AM
I wear one for racing MX,,but when goin on long trail rides it makes my gut hurt..:huh

SGA
05-21-2002, 11:18 PM
I wear one when I race. They really do help. If your back hurts after riding with one your wearing it to tight.

05-22-2002, 12:04 PM
the elderly citizens of exriderrs need em, glad im not elderly yet

j/k, someday i might deside to where one, no pain yet though

bansheeguy77
05-22-2002, 05:40 PM
if u have any back pain or stuff like that get 1...i always got them my back hurt soo bad i couldnt walk for a week and while riding i couldnt go as hard as i wanted 2. now with kidney belt no pain it feels great. my friends always complain about their backs thats when i like 2 rub it in saying yep its the best 29.95 i ever spent :blah

lil400exman
05-24-2002, 09:52 AM
exactly banshee guy i buddies ask can i borrow it when ur done? its to funny t see them walkin around after i rost them like there are in a full body cast lol! ohh btw i went to blue traxx today and if we think sometimes problems with our posts bein mean and pointless watchout! they are all f***** up there i was like
:huh :huh :huh i like exriders 10X more!

bansheeguy77
05-24-2002, 01:20 PM
yep i no what ya mean...bt sucks major ballz. i used 2 be a member there but the average age of ppl there or atleast they act not older than 10...most of them believe their stock blaster does 84 mph. i mean dont get me wrong some of the ppl were cool and knowledgable but there were only like 2 there while 99% of exriders are all cool....plus the moderators really suck especially s96. i mean u make a post saying umm i dunno like my raptor wont start and they lock it and spaz out saying ur banned next time. u argue with 1 person u get banned yet u have about 3 members whos names i will leave out who diss and bash every1 possible and nothing happens....its amazing. i hate that place so much...and its so dead compared to here. the classifieds section gets like 1 post every 2 weeks....its sad.

Jekyl_22
05-26-2002, 11:46 PM
My back used to get really bad whenever I rode for very long. I started working out my abs and back though and my back never seems to get soar anymore. What I did was sit ups and something else that I don't know the name of, so I will just explain it. We have a machine to do this on at our high school, but you can do it on a bed or something.
Lay face down with the top half of your body hanging off the bed and just move the top half of your body down and up (some sort of backwards/inverted sit up). It works a lot better for me though to use weights so that you don't have to do tons of them. I just did those every other day for a few weeks and it worked great.

P.S. You might have to get someone to hold you down so you don't fall off of your bed every time or lock your legs on something. Hope this helps...;)

Tommy 17
05-27-2002, 08:33 AM
thanks jekyl i didn't read the P.S. part and i now have a broken nose:D haha j.k