PDA

View Full Version : Guitars

MotoX3
12-04-2004, 02:40 PM
hey....i want to get into playing guitars...preferably electric....and i gotta few ?'s......what is a good guitar to start on....i want a quaulity one but kind of lower in price(probably $130 max).......and as for an amp....we have on for this pos guitar my bro has....its a "crate"....it says model kx-15 if that means anything....would this mate well with other guitars.....any other advice would be good....thanks

devildriver422
12-04-2004, 03:24 PM
crate is good stuff from what i hear....and kx-15 means its 15 watts, good for just practice....as for the guitar, try a fender for a beginner or something they go pretty cheap

Rdhanded2
12-04-2004, 04:01 PM
www.musiciansfriend.com

SGA
12-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Crate KX15 Keyboard Amplifier

Its made for keyboards and does not have a overdrive button. You could always put a overdrive pedal in front of it.
If you want a louder amp, go to a music store that sells 2nd hand equipment. You can get some good deals sometimes.

Scott-300ex
12-04-2004, 05:38 PM
my friends play the guitars

i think any guitar would be good to learn on, you can get a good one with 24 frets but you don't want to get ahead of yourself

however, you don't want to get ahead of yourself, when i first started playin drums i had a 7 piece kit, still do, but i started foolin around on that, then i started playing to some cd's i had, then i got a double bass pedal and now im a pro, i play to slipknot, mushroomhead, pantera, lamb of god. Now my cousins friend had a drumset with like 35 different drums, i think he was just in aw and was lost cause he didn't know what to hit, or how to use all the different drums. So I say get the basics then work your way up and you'll know what the heck your doin

for amps, anything will work for now, as long as you can hear yourself good, then you can get bigger ones and have a pedal and stuff with distortion which can be fun.

have fun man

bulkdriverlp
12-04-2004, 07:14 PM
just get a fender and 10watt amp, maybe a distortion petal. thats all u need for now

infantry317
12-04-2004, 07:24 PM
I hate to say this but you get what you pay for. If you spend $500+ on a good guitar it will be easier to learn therefore you will play more.

I started on a Hondo strat style and gave up. 3 years later I bought a used Charvel Model 5 for $550 used. I played the heck out of that thing until I got married and had kids.

Check that the neck isn't warped. The strings should be very close to the frets without touching, all the way down the neck. Don't get the light-colored laminated necks, your fingers will stick to them. The amp is less critical, a little Crate or Peavey will do ya fine!

Good luck whatever you decide.

PF300ex
12-04-2004, 08:15 PM
You can pick up a good Ibanez guitar for under $300. Just go to a local shop and try out a few and see what you like and what feels good to you. Like everyone else said you get what you pay for so if you can afford it spend a little more.

enduro400rider
12-04-2004, 09:48 PM
get a squire bullet i have one its a great beginner guitar its only about 100 bucks they are made by fender too

Dan229
12-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Here ya go http://www.guitarcenter.com/buyersguide/page30.cfm

MichaelS693
12-04-2004, 10:57 PM
just go to a local music store and get (if they have it) a kit... its got a squire electric guitar, gig bag, amp, picks, strap, cable, and everything you need.. for like around 300 dollars... squire is a brand by fender... thats what im fixin to start out on i got a acoustic and im pretty good so i wanna go electric.... but thats what i would go with... its good for a beginner and a good quality guitar:)