PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready??? 3rd annual Dunetopia group ride.. St. Anthonys Idaho

QuadJunkies
12-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Whos up for another group ride ???!!!:blah:
I have been getting emails for several months on peeps wanting to come play for a week in the sand here in Idaho.. I never realized how popualr the group ride would get!! :p

I am shooting for another Fathers Day wk end in June. if all goes well with troy and I getting the same vacation time off.This seemed to be the best time for decent weather,either way its agamble for rain or heat..

I would like to get some ideas who wants to come, any question I can try to answer,lets start planning this now as its only 6 months away and I know riders back east need some time to Save up!!!

For those who havent been to our dunes, I have a few threads on this topics from the last two years group rides with some good pictures.....

So.... Whos in??!!!!

:macho

JOEX
12-04-2004, 07:54 PM
I have put in for that week off already for an Idaho trip :D

This could be a very large group;)

Jailor EX
12-04-2004, 10:28 PM
The group I ride w/ was trying to plan a trip to St. A's in June. Going with some people that know the area would be a lot of fun. We would have at least six adults in our group and we all have kids. Is this a family event?

QuadJunkies
12-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I have put in for that week off already for an Idaho trip :D

This could be a very large group;) Yay!!! It will be nice to FINALLY get to meet up with you!! :) Lets hope this year Troy doesnt seize a motor :o

QuadJunkies
12-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Jailor EX
The group I ride w/ was trying to plan a trip to St. A's in June. Going with some people that know the area would be a lot of fun. We would have at least six adults in our group and we all have kids. Is this a family event? Well, this year we may have to take our kids, this was something me and my ole man try to go away just the two of us and play for 5 days, kids are def. welcome!! Im not sure if you have rode here before or not, but its tough for the wee ones to get around on minis too far out but the Lake is pretty dried up by then so theres plenty of room for them to ride ... :) We had around 25 riders last year

QuadJunkies
12-05-2004, 09:39 AM
here was the two years group rides....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112446&highlight=dunetopia

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84473&highlight=dunetopia

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66364&highlight=dunetopia

DESDAK4
12-05-2004, 10:41 AM
O Yeah, I have been waiting to see this thread since I got home last year:D . I was so much fun to ride with all of you last year. I have not been on here much lately as I have been off trying to learn how to make the ole V-Forces even nicer and faster. It would be cool to see more talk about them on here.

Hey Quadjunkies, I managed a 7th place finish in our MX season on my V.

OK, so you are looking at Fathers day agian. I will start planning and see if we are going to be able to do it. As long as I don't get booted from the Air Force for medical reason in Feb, we shouldn't have to many problems. This year I hope to have a Toy Hauler by then so I can just camp.

Jay
AMMO
USAF

QuadJunkies
12-05-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by DESDAK4
O Yeah, I have been waiting to see this thread since I got home last year:D . I was so much fun to ride with all of you last year. I have not been on here much lately as I have been off trying to learn how to make the ole V-Forces even nicer and faster. It would be cool to see more talk about them on here.

Hey Quadjunkies, I managed a 7th place finish in our MX season on my V.

OK, so you are looking at Fathers day agian. I will start planning and see if we are going to be able to do it. As long as I don't get booted from the Air Force for medical reason in Feb, we shouldn't have to many problems. This year I hope to have a Toy Hauler by then so I can just camp.

Jay
AMMO
USAF

Thats GREAT about your MX season!! congrats!!! I did pretty good this year racing myself!! ;)
That would be VERY cool if you all could make it again, I know Troywould really like to see you al again as well :) Medical reasons huh?? Hope everything is OK :(

BlueZ440
12-05-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm there..I can't wait to play in the best Dunes in the West Coast..:D I want to drag Troy up Choke..QJ does he take my challenge?LOL;)

QuadJunkies
12-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
I'm there..I can't wait to play in the best Dunes in the West Coast..:D I want to drag Troy up Choke..QJ does he take my challenge?LOL;) Only if you have another rider on the back... Hes literally dbl. your weight...:o

QuadJunkies
12-05-2004, 01:01 PM
This is gonna suck. I once again am going to have the slowest quad out there :(:(:( Its a real challenge getting my quad up some of those dunes!!:eek2:

BlueZ440
12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Only if you have another rider on the back... Hes literally dbl. your weight...:o

Ok I'll put kelsey on the back of my quad & lil man on front..;) :p

QuadJunkies
12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Ok I'll put kelsey on the back of my quad & lil man on front..;) :p haha.. Dont tell them that!!!! They will hold you to it!!! :p Troy took Kelsey in one of the big bowls and she was FREAKIN!!:macho

BlueZ440
12-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Actually i wouldn't mine doing that with little man seating on front. Now I want to try it..Can I?? In the back is 2 scary up choke..:eek2:

QuadJunkies
12-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Actually i wouldn't mine doing that with little man seating on front. Now I want to try it..Can I?? In the back is 2 scary up choke..:eek2: lmao... Im actually one of those peeps that doesnt like more than one rider on a quad,Troy done it with Sis on the back and that was OK for one time, but I didint like it... I seen a 4 yr old and his Dad roll down a hill once and I was 1st on the scene when that happened so Im not too fond of dbl riding... I wont even do it wiht Troy :o I havent told the kids yet that they may be going with us this year because I wont hear the end of it !!:p Im kinda hoping Granny will sit with them, its too tough to get around for them out there.

JOEX
12-05-2004, 01:33 PM
This is gonna suck. I once again am going to have the slowest quad out there :(:(:( Its a real challenge getting my quad up some of those dunes!!:eek2:
I think i'll be behind you, mines still stock, for the most part.....:o

I have a 416 piston sitting here but that wont go in till I can do the entire top end and carb:(

QuadJunkies
12-05-2004, 11:33 PM
I think i'll be behind you, mines still stock, for the most part.....:o

I have a 416 piston sitting here but that wont go in till I can do the entire top end and carb:( YAY!!! at least Ill have someone to Drag up Thunder Mnt. with!!! .... :D

Jackie
12-06-2004, 09:05 AM
I promised my son we would go. Is it the week before or after fathers day or just the weekend of?
where do people stay?
thanks

QuadJunkies
12-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
I promised my son we would go. Is it the week before or after fathers day or just the weekend of?
where do people stay?
thanks Fathers Day is the 19th. We will leave right after work Fri night. Ride on Sat morning and stay until the 22nd. So.... Dates are June 18th-21st and we leave the 22nd.'

Depending on if you have your own trailer or not, we always end up getting rooms in Rexburg which is only about 15 minutes from the dunes. There is a few places around the dunes that you can tent camp,or bring a trailer that has water hook ups ect.. depending on room rates we MIGHT stay at the Oassis but thats a big maybe, I like having a room ,bed and hot tub avail. avter riding all wk end....:D

BlueZ440
12-06-2004, 01:38 PM
I will leave Thursday morning and be up there at noon..I'm staying at the lakes, like I always do..I'm camping there, so ya'll will have to come and chill with me..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/bluez440/DSC00756.jpg

that's were we stay at all the time..We wake up and ride to the whoops and then to Thunder..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/bluez440/DSC00757.jpg that's the whoops section and behind the trees is the camp ground..

wilkin250r
12-06-2004, 02:05 PM
YAY!!! at least Ill have someone to Drag up Thunder Mnt. with!!! .... :D

Perfect. You two can start around noon on Saturday. The rest of us will have a beer or twelve, go back to camp or hotel, catch some shuteye. By Sunday morning, you two should be nearing the top!!! :D :macho :blah:

NDpredator
12-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Hey Tina!!!!!! Long time since i've been on this board, but that happens sometimes. Well you do know that if you can't make it up choke on your quad that i'm more than willing to run it over the top again for you this year. If i do make it, i hope that Troy can keep his preddy in one piece so that we can make a fair race this time and also maybe my tranny will hold together this year but it's too early to tell. Well can't wait to see wether i can make it this year or not, but i'm going to try. Take care!!!

derrick

Jackie
12-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the dates, I am a hot tub person too! have one at home and use it after a long day of riding. hot shower is a must also. hopfully i will see everyone there. I'll be on top waiting for everyone to catch up....
ride safe
play safe
:D :devil:

fastbikes
12-06-2004, 08:35 PM
We should be there this year again. I think everyone that came last year will be there and probably Mike and his wife...We will be staying in the campground again...Got to have power and water:D...Maybe my bike will stay running for this trip..and Dan and Tim wont wreak:devil:

QuadJunkies
12-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Perfect. You two can start around noon on Saturday. The rest of us will have a beer or twelve, go back to camp or hotel, catch some shuteye. By Sunday morning, you two should be nearing the top!!! :D :macho :blah: HAHAHA.... FUNNY GUY arent Ya!!!........ :o :p :blah:

QuadJunkies
12-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by NDpredator
Hey Tina!!!!!! Long time since i've been on this board, but that happens sometimes. Well you do know that if you can't make it up choke on your quad that i'm more than willing to run it over the top again for you this year. If i do make it, i hope that Troy can keep his preddy in one piece so that we can make a fair race this time and also maybe my tranny will hold together this year but it's too early to tell. Well can't wait to see wether i can make it this year or not, but i'm going to try. Take care!!!

derrick hi Derrick!!! I hope you can make it!!:cool: How was racing this summer?? Did you do a summer series??

QuadJunkies
12-06-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the dates, I am a hot tub person too! have one at home and use it after a long day of riding. hot shower is a must also. hopfully i will see everyone there. I'll be on top waiting for everyone to catch up....
ride safe
play safe
:D :devil: I C you have a modifed Ex?? What is it??We will have to do some drag racing!! Im always up for a challenge..... :D :macho

QuadJunkies
12-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by fastbikes
We should be there this year again. I think everyone that came last year will be there and probably Mike and his wife...We will be staying in the campground again...Got to have power and water:D...Maybe my bike will stay running for this trip..and Dan and Tim wont wreak:devil: OMG. thats right!! I forgot about Dans wreck!!:eek: Maybe we can camp next to you all at the Oassis that way we can kick it with some brews a BBQ every night..... :p Alot will depend if I can get those killer room rates this year, its not lookin good though:rolleyes:

Jackie
12-07-2004, 11:09 AM
I C you have a modifed Ex?? What is it??We will have to do some drag racing!! Im always up for a challenge..... :D :macho

Honda Boy 13 is riding (my son)
’00 400EX;
hmf slip on, razors, +2 Burgard, pro armor, tag metals, new yellow plastics, dura blue axle and new rear bearings

Jackie is riding (me)
’02 400EX;
+1 ARENS A-arms, ARENS Frame and steering stem

tinytim is riding, (my common law boyfriend)
'01 400EX;
Up-graded to K&N, WB CDI (keep your stock CDI in reach), FCR (170 main too big?), WB Full Sys (slip-on broke), 10.8 Stk Bore JE (Detonates on 93 Oct), XR Cam (gota love Serv Honda), Works w/ res (?), +1 Housers (read too many posts), Magura (broke), Sparks clutch, IMS pegs w/Tusk nurfs

JoyToy is riding (not signed up to site yet) (my daughter)
Stock ’02 250EX
PRM grab bar

QuadJunkies
12-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Honda Boy 13 is riding (my son)
’00 400EX;
hmf slip on, razors, +2 Burgard, pro armor, tag metals, new yellow plastics, dura blue axle and new rear bearings

Jackie is riding (me)
’02 400EX;
+1 ARENS A-arms, ARENS Frame and steering stem

tinytim is riding, (my common law boyfriend)
'01 400EX;
Up-graded to K&N, WB CDI (keep your stock CDI in reach), FCR (170 main too big?), WB Full Sys (slip-on broke), 10.8 Stk Bore JE (Detonates on 93 Oct), XR Cam (gota love Serv Honda), Works w/ res (?), +1 Housers (read too many posts), Magura (broke), Sparks clutch, IMS pegs w/Tusk nurfs

JoyToy is riding (not signed up to site yet) (my daughter)
Stock ’02 250EX
PRM grab bar

thats AWESOME jackie!! seems like Im the only EX with our group anymore aside of TaterTot :(

I look forward to meetng you all in June :)

Jackie
12-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Great! we'll see you then
:p
ex rocks

NDpredator
12-07-2004, 03:14 PM
hi Derrick!!! I hope you can make it!!:cool: How was racing this summer?? Did you do a summer series??

Hey tina!! Well our summer series was the one that started back in april when i broke my collar bone and then went to the dunes. I only made 6 races all season, but still had a blast doing it. I managed 11th overall after winning the last race of the year, so i'm not going to be disappointed with that spot considering my circumstances.

derrick

QuadJunkies
12-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by NDpredator
Hey tina!! Well our summer series was the one that started back in april when i broke my collar bone and then went to the dunes. I only made 6 races all season, but still had a blast doing it. I managed 11th overall after winning the last race of the year, so i'm not going to be disappointed with that spot considering my circumstances.

derrick thats cool... Were doing a winter series right now ,it runs until Feb. Hows the PReddy running?? Do you still have the other Predator??

twisted threads
12-08-2004, 05:23 AM
I really wish I could go during that time!!!!:mad: :mad: If it was during memorial week I could do it..... who knows maybe I will quite my job.:D By the way if the gas prices don't start going down a little the dune season is going to cost me big time.:eek:

QuadJunkies
12-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I really wish I could go during that time!!!!:mad: :mad: If it was during memorial week I could do it..... who knows maybe I will quite my job.:D By the way if the gas prices don't start going down a little the dune season is going to cost me big time.:eek: HA! you think you got it bad.....???!!! Try having THREE on Race fuel that race summer and winter and play in between all year!! :p lol
Ryan, if you let your boss know NOW... Cant he give you off the time in June?? We are NEVER going to get to meet :(
btw... did you ever start FT racing yet??? :blah: and hows the Baby??

twisted threads
12-09-2004, 03:45 AM
Ryan, if you let your boss know NOW... Cant he give you off the time in June?? We are NEVER going to get to meet :(
btw... did you ever start FT racing yet??? :blah: and hows the Baby??

The only problem is that there is so many people were I work that have kids just getting out of school at this time they all want mid June off.

No I have not started racing yet I still need my tires and wheels then im ready but with christmas here I can't be blowing my money right now... but my little brother has been racing and He is doing very well.

Janessa is doing great!! She is all over the place and she has her dad wrapped around her little finger.:D

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 07:44 AM
She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can see why she would have that affect on you!! :o :p ;)

dirtmomma
12-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Ahhhh Tina you wouldnt' be the slowest one if I CAME :D :o but I'd still run ya ;) LOL, we'd be out there w/ STOCK tires & NO power hehe, well actually by then Ron should have his 440 kit in :) but I doubt we'll be going :( I wish though!! I suppose ya just never know either what may come up!! It sounds like another good time!! I KNOW I could just take all the kids on rides since I would probably be in thier CC range LMAO!! Hell they'd probably beat me:eek2:

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Ahhhh Tina you wouldnt' be the slowest one if I CAME :D :o but I'd still run ya ;) LOL, we'd be out there w/ STOCK tires & NO power hehe, well actually by then Ron should have his 440 kit in :) but I doubt we'll be going :( I wish though!! I suppose ya just never know either what may come up!! It sounds like another good time!! I KNOW I could just take all the kids on rides since I would probably be in thier CC range LMAO!! Hell they'd probably beat me:eek2: LOL... Girl.... I want NO EXCUSES THIS YEAR.... :o :p get your butts over to Idaho...!!! You have 6 months to save up!! I wont take NO for an answer!!! :blah: lol

wilkin250r
12-14-2004, 09:59 AM
I'll make it if I can, but I'm pretty doubtful. I'm going for a week to Wisconsin in May for a friend's wedding, I don't think I can do both.

Same promise as last year to dirtmomma. If by some chance you and I both make it, I'll bring an extra set of paddles for ya!

QuadJunkies
12-14-2004, 10:25 AM
I know how it goes.. not enough money or time .... :( I was invited back east for a woods race:blah: this spring as well and I REALLY want to go!! but I think $$ will be too tight for us to fly back there for the wk end also have WORCS that same month in Idaho.. Every year I always say Im going to come back there and see what all this racing is about back East then something shoots my plans down........... :rolleyes:

dirtmomma
12-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I'll make it if I can, but I'm pretty doubtful. I'm going for a week to Wisconsin in May for a friend's wedding, I don't think I can do both.

Same promise as last year to dirtmomma. If by some chance you and I both make it, I'll bring an extra set of paddles for ya!

:cool: :cool: yeah I really wish $$ grew on trees LOL :p I would like to just break down & buy paddles for all the quads & spend the summer @ the dunes HAHAHA I'M WISHIN NOW!! I'm keeping the thought on the list for the summer plans though ya never know;)

QuadJunkies
12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Well, it looks like we have a VERY special guest thats gonna make the trip this year.....:D Harlen will be headed out to rail the sand with us!!! :blah: If anyone has an extra quad ,let me know Harlen I would assume will be flying out to Idaho.

dirtmomma
12-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Well, it looks like we have a VERY special guest thats gonna make the trip this year.....:D Harlen will be headed out to rail the sand with us!!! :blah: If anyone has an extra quad ,let me know Harlen I would assume will be flying out to Idaho.

:eek: :D :cool: thats cool!! Hey you can ride mine ROFLMFAO ;):o :p............................ J/K

QuadJunkies
12-16-2004, 11:49 PM
well.LILQJ offered Harlen hers too!!!! LMAO!!! :o :p :cool: then she giggled..... yeah.....right............

twisted threads
12-17-2004, 04:16 AM
Thats cool that Harlen is going to go over there! Has he ever rode in the dunes before??? If not.... I would love to see his face once he goes past Thunder Mt. LOL..:eek2: :D

QuadJunkies
12-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Thats cool that Harlen is going to go over there! Has he ever rode in the dunes before??? If not.... I would love to see his face once he goes past Thunder Mt. LOL..:eek2: :D

Im not sure if he has for sure or not.... I cued him in on this thread so maybe he will tell us soon.......:D

JOEX
12-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Depending how things work out over here I might be able to have an extra quad available:)

BlueZ440
12-17-2004, 10:15 PM
I'm going to look into getting my Friends Bullet(310R)..If I can get it you can ride mine Harlen..My is a Z440 with a Twist Throttle..Me and QJ will keep you posted or she will..

ID-YFZracer-BE
12-19-2004, 08:53 PM
well u know well be there again. hopefully my dad will have his new 310 motor working so he doesnt have to use a 250 motor. and my bike will probalyy be close to the same it was last year but idk what ill be getting for christmas though.

QuadJunkies
12-19-2004, 11:33 PM
well, it looks like Harlen will have a place to stay, DuneSurfer has offered him a room in a motel so once we have a quad in order ,looks like its a done deal!!! :cool:

this is gonna be a GREAT group this year...... :macho

BlueZ440
12-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Hey I talked to craker and is all good with his quad..I will ride the R and Harlen can ride my Z.. That's only if he doesn't mine riding a SUZU with NO POWER..:D

310Rduner
12-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey tina, after seeing the thread I'm going to put it out there and see if my aunt wants to go again as well, or any of my other friends or cousins. My Mom is coming home from the hospital on the 22nd finally, so hopefully within 6 months she would be able to handle the long drive, I think she'd really enjoy getting up there to see the sand. I don't know what the situation will be in 6 months yet, but I'll try to see if my mom's ok with me going up solo if no one else here wants to go. Gas mileage in my Bronco is going to kill me haha, 10 mpg and how many hundreds of miles?:eek2: If I make it up there it will hopefully be with a different quad. I decided to put my R on the market just a little while ago. Going to turn around and buy a tricked out laeger R off of ******** and strip it down for powdercoating and some rebuilding before June hopefully. I like how you always schedule to be riding the 19th.. makes a good place to spend my birthday every year:macho

QuadJunkies
12-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Hey tina, after seeing the thread I'm going to put it out there and see if my aunt wants to go again as well, or any of my other friends or cousins. My Mom is coming home from the hospital on the 22nd finally, so hopefully within 6 months she would be able to handle the long drive, I think she'd really enjoy getting up there to see the sand. I don't know what the situation will be in 6 months yet, but I'll try to see if my mom's ok with me going up solo if no one else here wants to go. Gas mileage in my Bronco is going to kill me haha, 10 mpg and how many hundreds of miles?:eek2: If I make it up there it will hopefully be with a different quad. I decided to put my R on the market just a little while ago. Going to turn around and buy a tricked out laeger R off of ******** and strip it down for powdercoating and some rebuilding before June hopefully. I like how you always schedule to be riding the 19th.. makes a good place to spend my birthday every year:macho thats GREAT!!! That would be a WONDERFUL gift to Mom if she could swing it;) shes do for a little fun :) It will be nice to meet up with you again !!! Hows your Aunt doing breaking in that new R of hers???!!:cool:

310Rduner
12-21-2004, 12:07 AM
thats GREAT!!! That would be a WONDERFUL gift to Mom if she could swing it;) shes do for a little fun :) It will be nice to meet up with you again !!! Hows your Aunt doing breaking in that new R of hers???!!:cool:

Ahhh.. she hasn't ridden it much, and isn't taking to it like I thought... oh well.:confused: I guess she is giving in to a lack of understanding the extra rider input. I talked to my aunt about the trip and she may not be going because she has a trip planned to Coos bay in july and already has her time off. Unless a friend wants to go I may be coming solo. Two states away, and away from the iron curtain of parental supervision....yes, it would definately be sweet.:D

Admin
12-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Looks like things are falling into place to allow me to make the trip out to Idaho for atleast a few days of the ride. I will probably have to fly back home on either Monday or at the latest Tuesday, but I should be out Friday Night and spend all weekend riding with everyone.

It is awesome that I will have a Suzuki to ride, so I don't create any problems with my sponsors. I may need to convert the beast to a thumb throttle for the weekend because I am not the best with a twist throttle on a quad.

I will be skipping the High Point National, which is my favorite, but I don't get the oppurtunity to go to Idaho and ride with friends all the time either.

I will keep everyone posted as things come together and post information on the Homepage once we get into the New Year.

Thanks Again for everyone offering to help out :D

LilQJ
12-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Mom,
Can I go too!!!!!

PLEASE,PLEASE, PALLLEAASEE!!!!! :D :blah:

well..... Brandon too I guess.... hahaha

QuadJunkies
12-22-2004, 01:27 PM
I would like to add that anyone interested in tthis trip that would also like to fly out for a wk end, I do know of a rental shop in St. Anthonys and I have a price sheet for anone interested in a wk end rental,they have DVX's.

BlueZ440
12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah u can convert the Slow Beast to thumb but the only problem is that I sold my thumb throttle..If you have one brign it with you..

Originally posted by Admin
Looks like things are falling into place to allow me to make the trip out to Idaho for atleast a few days of the ride. I will probably have to fly back home on either Monday or at the latest Tuesday, but I should be out Friday Night and spend all weekend riding with everyone.

It is awesome that I will have a Suzuki to ride, so I don't create any problems with my sponsors. I may need to convert the beast to a thumb throttle for the weekend because I am not the best with a twist throttle on a quad.

I will be skipping the High Point National, which is my favorite, but I don't get the oppurtunity to go to Idaho and ride with friends all the time either.

I will keep everyone posted as things come together and post information on the Homepage once we get into the New Year.

Thanks Again for everyone offering to help out :D

Admin
12-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Yeah u can convert the Slow Beast to thumb but the only problem is that I sold my thumb throttle..If you have one brign it with you..

I have no problem bringing out a thumb throttle:D

dirtmomma
12-22-2004, 08:13 PM
OOOOO man now you gys are just killing me LOL ;):) I'm still talkin to the hubby :devil:

BlueZ440
12-22-2004, 08:35 PM
I have no problem bringing out a thumb throttle:D

Feel free to bring other shocks also...In matter of fact feel free to bring whatever you feel like bringing..:D We can set-up shop and switch my bike to your likings.. As long as you put it back together before you leave.. I'm leaving Late Sunday Night or Early Monday morning..

All I have is Haulers20x10x9 9 paddles and 13 on front and 38 on back for sprocket and 440kit..Hope that's enough power for you..

Admin
12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
OOOOO man now you gys are just killing me LOL ;):) I'm still talkin to the hubby :devil:

It would be awesome if you showed up :D I am really looking forward to meeting many of longtime members for the 1st time.

Also, I contacted Rekluse, and they may be sponsoring the ride on some level, which is awesome.

I will have more details in the near future. Everyone attending will have the oppurtunity to get a discount on a Rekluse Auto Clutch System for sure, which is awesome.

How far off is June???????? I can't wait.

I checked on plane tickets today $$$ with no direct flights which sucks, but oh well. You have to pay to play.

BlueZ440
12-22-2004, 08:45 PM
It would be awesome if you showed up :D I am really looking forward to meeting many of longtime members for the 1st time.

Also, I contacted Rekluse, and they may be sponsoring the ride on some level, which is awesome.

I will have more details in the near future. Everyone attending will have the oppurtunity to get a discount on a Rekluse Auto Clutch System for sure, which is awesome.

I checked on plane tickets today $$$ with no direct flights which sucks, but oh well. You have to pay to play.

Now that's what I'm talking about..I can't wait.. What days are you planning on being here? I"ll be in St Anthony on Thursday 16th around Noon our time..That way i can have the dunes to myself for a couple of hours..

twisted threads
12-22-2004, 09:44 PM

I agree! I really want to go and ride with you guys... and gals.:D

Harlen you will love going up some of them Huge sand hills.

BlueZ440
12-22-2004, 09:47 PM
Hey that's Choke my Cherry and the trail of Shame..LMAO

dirtmomma
12-22-2004, 10:06 PM
I agree! I really want to go and ride with you guys... and gals.:D

Harlen you will love going up some of them Huge sand hills.

:eek2: :eek2: OH DEAR LORD!!!!!!!!! There is NO WAY you'll see me going up that even IF I had the power Dayyuuummmm I think i'm SKERT :o :blah: :p

QuadJunkies
12-22-2004, 11:40 PM

Harlen, in the near future,we will have to talk about it and figure times and get a flight out that can get us there (we want to leave Fri after work) St. A's is aout 5 hours from my home town, also you might find out if there is an airport in Pocatello since its only an hour from St. A's so we can get you home :)(we are leaving Wed for home,we will figure that out ;))
That would be cool to see the guys frome Rekluse swing the trip, let me know how that goes and Ill maybe swing in the shop as the dates get closer for a chat.... :D

QuadJunkies
12-22-2004, 11:43 PM
:eek2: :eek2: OH DEAR LORD!!!!!!!!! There is NO WAY you'll see me going up that even IF I had the power Dayyuuummmm I think i'm SKERT :o :blah: :p hahah dont feel bad... I wont even try it with my quad!!! :o Troy and a few of the guys have got mine up it,but Im a little skerd myself!!! :eek2: :p

you work on that huubby of yours to come and play !! Would be nice to have you out here ;)

QuadJunkies
12-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Feel free to bring other shocks also...In matter of fact feel free to bring whatever you feel like bringing..:D We can set-up shop and switch my bike to your likings.. As long as you put it back together before you leave.. I'm leaving Late Sunday Night or Early Monday morning..

All I have is Haulers20x10x9 9 paddles and 13 on front and 38 on back for sprocket and 440kit..Hope that's enough power for you.. you and I both know that set up is gonna be PLENTY for him!!!!:devil:

QuadJunkies
12-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by LilQJ
Mom,
Can I go too!!!!!

PLEASE,PLEASE, PALLLEAASEE!!!!! :D :blah:

well..... Brandon too I guess.... hahaha :eek: we will see Sis . ;)

E-ATV-Racing
12-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Poctatello has an air port and so does Idaho Falls. Both are served by commercial carriers (Horizon). Most flights go through Boise, but some may link through salt lake, You will have to check. Idaho Falls would be my choice as it is only about 20 min. from Rexburg. I may head over Thursday as I do not work that end of the week. If Tina can not get hooked up with you, either BlueZ440 or I could swing over to Idaho Falls and pick you up.

E-ATV-Racing
12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Tina,

Bring the kids, duning is a family sport. I bring my son every time I head over there LOL.
They can hang with Alison and her friend at the lakes.

BlueZ440
12-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Yep I don't have a problem with picking you up either..

QuadJunkies
12-23-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by E-ATV-Racing
Tina,

Bring the kids, duning is a family sport. I bring my son every time I head over there LOL.
They can hang with Alison and her friend at the lakes. We took the kids the first trip and it was tough cause they cant get out there where al lthe adults ride... PLUS, the jetting is a nightmare on there Carbs.. were just worried about something going wrong with them is mainly it . ;) And OMG. I cant imagine all the race fuel we will have to bring for 3 quads!!!!
this is Troy and I's one time a year away from the kids to rekindle some time to ourselves too. No Offense lilQJ!!! :) lol

Fastbikes~~~

You gonna bring the helmet Cams for the trip??? :D
Maybe we could talk Ginger into making us a COOL vid of the trip!!! :cool:

fastbikes
12-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Yeah for sure we will bring both the helment cams...Ginger loves making videos and I am sure she wont have a problem making one of the St. Anthony trip..We are all pretty stoked about going this year..

BlueZ440
12-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Helmet cameras are the chit...Specially when someone thinks they are cool and try to roost on top of a dune and end up rolling their quads down Thunder MT...LMAO..And no it did not happen to me..

I will also bring a video camera for the drag racing and going huge events..Maybe even have a whoops race..:D

QuadJunkies
12-26-2004, 11:40 PM
I will also bring a video camera for the drag racing and going huge events..Maybe even have a whoops race..:D Troy will NOT be the one I race threw the whoops.... :o whoops and I do NOT get along........ :p

QuadJunkies
01-04-2005, 01:02 AM
Troy just got off the phone with a few guys from Works suspention and looks like they will be up that wk riding as well...And ill have myself a good set up.. Im getting new shocks and AArms this week!!!! :blah:

wilkin250r
01-04-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by fastbikes
Ginger loves making videos

Well, THIS can be taken several different ways... :devil:

wilkin250r
01-04-2005, 10:33 AM
This trip seems to be getting lots of attention, maybe I'll blow off my Wisconsin trip and head to Idaho instead. ;)

QuadJunkies
01-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, THIS can be taken several different ways... :devil: hahaha...... It would be nice to finally meet you :) If you can swing it then by all means..DO!!

wilkin250r
01-04-2005, 10:44 AM
hahaha...... It would be nice to finally meet you :) If you can swing it then by all means..DO!!

Gotta get approval from the Warden, first...:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
01-04-2005, 10:52 AM
LOL!!! I understand..... ;)

Natertot426ex
01-06-2005, 10:32 AM

No your not I am!!!:D Well we will be there together.

Natertot426ex
01-06-2005, 10:36 AM
thats AWESOME jackie!! seems like Im the only EX with our group anymore aside of TaterTot :(

I look forward to meetng you all in June :)

TATORTOT?????:blah: :macho

QuadJunkies
01-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
TATORTOT?????:blah: :macho LOL!!! well. its been so long since Ive seen or talked to you , I mmust have forgotten your name !!!:p ;) we REALLY need to get together and ride for a day... :)

predatorkick@$$
01-10-2005, 12:20 AM
I Can't wait for june looks like a lot of people comeing my way Quadjunkies!!!!
Here's a pic looking across the dunes from thunder to middle bowl for ya to drewl over till then!!
http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/502/Image020.jpg

Natertot426ex
01-10-2005, 11:59 AM
LOL!!! well. its been so long since Ive seen or talked to you , I mmust have forgotten your name !!!:p ;) we REALLY need to get together and ride for a day... :)

Ya I know. Just just let me know when you are going and I will see what I can do.

QuadJunkies
01-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by predatorkick@$$
I Can't wait for june looks like a lot of people comeing my way Quadjunkies!!!!
Here's a pic looking across the dunes from thunder to middle bowl for ya to drewl over till then!!
http://www.predatorowners.com/memberphotos/predator/502/Image020.jpg great to se you found your way to the site!!!
Thre is also a BIG group from Oregon heading over the same week we are and are going to join up.... I swear... were looking at 100 ridersif everyone shows up!!!!.... :eek: :eek2: :devil:

Anyone got some 2- way radios they would mind bringing along??? Were gonna need some donated!!!

predatorkick@$$
01-11-2005, 08:09 PM
good this thing is growing fast!!

thomps6s
01-21-2005, 10:30 AM
QuadJunkies, are there noise level restrictions there? A bunch of us are going the first part of April and I am a first timer. I am just looking for any/all advice I can get about St. Anthonys.

QuadJunkies
01-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by thomps6s
QuadJunkies, are there noise level restrictions there? A bunch of us are going the first part of April and I am a first timer. I am just looking for any/all advice I can get about St. Anthonys. I guess deep down in the laws there is a DB level,but they do NOT inforce it so you should be fine :);)

thomps6s
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
thanks. I can't wait to go. Any opinions on what paddles/types work best? Basically a stock 400.

QuadJunkies
01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
thanks. I can't wait to go. Any opinions on what paddles/types work best? Basically a stock 400. Haulers or I also use Turbo Paddles... Both work nicely :)

Admin
01-21-2005, 11:43 AM
I will be shipping out some ITP Sand Stars and C-series wheels for the ride in June, and I can't wait.

QuadJunkies
01-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I will be shipping out some ITP Sand Stars and C-series wheels for the ride in June, and I can't wait. We run those on the fronts of the Predator....

kgbg
01-21-2005, 03:55 PM
The ATVCompound will be at Oasis the same time. We shoudl be abotu 50 deep. We are mostly a family group, and have people coming from Utah, Montana, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Indiana, Illionios, Missouri, and Texas. Many are showing up onthe 17th, and staying until the 22nd, most of the rest are coming the 19th and staying until the 28th.
I am looking forward to it.

QuadJunkies
01-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
The ATVCompound will be at Oasis the same time. We shoudl be abotu 50 deep. We are mostly a family group, and have people coming from Utah, Montana, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, California, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Indiana, Illionios, Missouri, and Texas. Many are showing up onthe 17th, and staying until the 22nd, most of the rest are coming the 19th and staying until the 28th.
I am looking forward to it. Thaks for posting about your group!!! I saw you have a HUGE group and I look forward to meeting you all :) This group and yours should go down in the history book for largest Sand group ride ...... :cool:

JOEX
01-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Thaks for posting about your group!!! I saw you have a HUGE group and I look forward to meeting you all :) This group and yours should go down in the history book for largest Sand group ride ...... :cool:
:cool: :macho :cool: :D

BlueZ440
01-21-2005, 09:29 PM
50 deep..WHAO...:eek2: :eek2: I can't wait.

QuadJunkies
01-21-2005, 09:44 PM
50 deep..WHAO...:eek2: :eek2: I can't wait.

And thats just the Compounds group........ :cool: :blah:

DESDAK4
01-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Come on guys and gals whats going on in June. am still not sure if I am coming so, I want more info on what is going on.

Jay

Chef
01-29-2005, 01:07 AM
I may be able to come...depending on funds. We will see.

QuadJunkies
01-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I may be able to come...depending on funds. We will see. yeah right Chef.. you say that EVERY year :o :rolleyes:

DESDAK4~~~ Nothing has changed, the trip will still be over Fathers day wk end .Basically everything is the same as last year;) Hopefully you all can come!!!:)

Chef
01-29-2005, 10:20 AM
yeah right Chef.. you say that EVERY year :o :rolleyes:

:cuss:

QuadJunkies
01-29-2005, 10:27 AM
LOL!! Truth hurts dont it??? :blah: :D ;)

Just messin with ya ;)

(sorta)

Chef
01-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Whats the actual dates on that weekend tina?

QuadJunkies
01-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Fathers Day is the 19th. We will leave right after work Fri night. Ride on Sat morning and stay until the 22nd. So.... Dates are June 18th-21st and we leave the 22nd.'

Chef
01-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Well I lied once again, chances of making it have just gone down to about .001%. I have a race on the 19th like 4 hours from home. I might just come over for a ride of my own sometime though.

thomps6s
02-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Since I have a stock 400 ex with a HMF pipe. Would it be a wise idea to increase a tooth on the rear sprocket to increase low end power? I am not sure if the stocker will make any of those ST. ANTHONY hills without some sort of change.

Any advice would be great.

QuadJunkies
02-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Since I have a stock 400 ex with a HMF pipe. Would it be a wise idea to increase a tooth on the rear sprocket to increase low end power? I am not sure if the stocker will make any of those ST. ANTHONY hills without some sort of change.

Any advice would be great. when my 400 was stock, I rode mine with the front dropped one tooth ,not until recently have I ever messed with my Rear so you will be fine :) My 300ex made it EVERYWHERE but the big hills like Choke,thunder Mnt.

thomps6s
02-02-2005, 10:18 AM
So i should just leave it the way it is then and not mess with the sprocket?

thomps6s
02-02-2005, 10:19 AM
QJ, Where do you stay when you go? We were thinking of staying at BLM egin lake campground because it is the closest to the big dunes. I heard the other campgrounds are too far away from the boig dunes like Choke, Thunder and Devils Armpit.

QuadJunkies
02-02-2005, 10:44 AM
We will most likely stay at Best Western, I like my showers. :D

Exrider Fastbikes made Reservations last week for the dunes and I guess The Oasis has been booked since last summer:huh and there was still a few spots left at Sand Hills resort so they got a few spots there.

Sand hills IS a ways from the mid section of the dunes. roughly 5 miles that may not seem like much, but it is especailly if you got kids or newer riders.. Also have to take into consideration the fuel situation too,especially if your a 2 stroke and /or highly modified you WILL run out unless you have a desert tank, and then Ive sen some that dont make it too far.........
The lake I think is the best starting point that way your centrally located to both sides and close to the Pit stop if you need any drinks ,flag ect. Im not sure what the fees are this year and /or if they have any water hook ups or not,but if you dont mind "roughing it" that will work for you Im sure.. :)

QuadJunkies
02-02-2005, 10:45 AM
So i should just leave it the way it is then and not mess with the sprocket? Are you dropped one in the front?? I like that little extra pull in sand...

thomps6s
02-02-2005, 10:53 AM
I haven't changed any sprocket yet. I heard that it is easier on the motor to go on up in the back rather than down one in the front. I was trying to find out for sure. but if you went down one in the front and no problems, maybe I will just do that.

E-ATV-Racing
02-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Changing one tooth size in the front is about equal to about 3 teeth on the rear.

The biggest problem from dropping teeth on the front is chain wear. The tighter the chain has to wrap around the sprocket the more wear it will endure.

QuadJunkies
02-02-2005, 01:56 PM
mine lasted well over 2.5 years and the chain still looked good, but the sprocket didint.... lol

thomps6s
02-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info, I think I will give that a try. Did you order that or were you able to pick it up at a honda dealer?

Kansas T
02-02-2005, 07:26 PM
I planning on traveling up there with GeneralG. Should be a great trip.

QuadJunkies
02-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the info, I think I will give that a try. Did you order that or were you able to pick it up at a honda dealer? the sprocket?? You can get it ordered at any Honda dealership ;)

thomps6s
02-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey QJ, Thanks for all the info. I was thinking of ordering the Turbo Kings from
https://blairps.com/show_product.php?pro_num=4918

they are 149.99 on .190 douglas rims. size 20x10-8

What size do you run?

QuadJunkies
02-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Hey QJ, Thanks for all the info. I was thinking of ordering the Turbo Kings from
https://blairps.com/show_product.php?pro_num=4918

they are 149.99 on .190 douglas rims. size 20x10-8

What size do you run? I have those paddles and LOVE them!!! :)

thomps6s
02-10-2005, 06:15 AM
I have those paddles and LOVE them!!! :)

You run the 8 inch wheel?

QuadJunkies
02-10-2005, 10:20 AM
actually, I think I run a 10 inch wheel, but I run those paddles ;)
If Im not mistaken, that is a 10 inch rim with 8 paddles.... Correct??

thomps6s
02-10-2005, 10:32 AM
It is an eight paddle tire but the 20 is the height the 10 is width and 8 is rim size. They do make them for 10'' rims too.

Well we are having a meeting tonight it looks like we are going the first week in April. I heard the sand is a little hard then but it is the only time we can go due to one of the guys that is going is getting married a couple weeks after that. I can't wait i am pumped.

thomps6s
02-15-2005, 10:17 AM
QJ, one last question I hope. Can you give me the info for the ATV rental place? On of my friend's Dad want's to come out for a day or two to ride.

QuadJunkies
02-15-2005, 11:50 AM
QJ, one last question I hope. Can you give me the info for the ATV rental place? On of my friend's Dad want's to come out for a day or two to ride.
Send a PM to predatorkick@$$ ,he lives up there and will have some info. on that I believe.... ;)

QuadJunkies
03-03-2005, 09:23 AM
I think you all should read the last page of this thread .....:eek:

you wanna be a movie???? :D :blah:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1493618#post1493618

quadrider
03-11-2005, 02:20 PM
did anyone find out what the weather supposed to be like on the 1st of april or sand conditions?

BlueZ440
03-11-2005, 04:30 PM
WET on bottom...Let's just say nasty..2 EARLY;)

QuadJunkies
03-12-2005, 08:39 AM
WET on bottom...Let's just say nasty..2 EARLY;) yuppers.. thats why I like to go in June.... ;)

DESDAK4
03-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Sounds like this years trip is really going to rock QJ. Wish I was going to able to make it. I think my V is even a little bit quicker this year. I hope you all have fun. This poor ride can't make it.

Jay

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p545780b679bc98a354b1f3966ff39ee0/f4ea6ccc.jpg

Sandgod4
03-14-2005, 10:11 PM
So what are these dates?? We have a small ATKannondale ride June 15-18th in SA's.. Nevermind I found the dates. We will be a week early..

QuadJunkies
03-18-2005, 12:31 AM
Sounds like this years trip is really going to rock QJ. Wish I was going to able to make it. I think my V is even a little bit quicker this year. I hope you all have fun. This poor ride can't make it.

Jay

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid160/p545780b679bc98a354b1f3966ff39ee0/f4ea6ccc.jpg

Oh , I bummed!!! :( We will be thinking of you all.....

QuadJunkies
04-06-2005, 12:06 AM
well, we may have a change in plan for this year....
Troy has yet another grenated motor :mad: :( We are tapped out on replacing the parts, wree even going to miss Nationals in two weeks uless a miracle comes our way. Ill keep you up to date, but its not looking like I will be coming this year. PRetty crappy, A group ride I formed and the host cant even come...!! :huh :o :ermm:

DESDAK4
04-06-2005, 07:42 PM
So are you guys thinking of chit caning the Predator? To bad you guys can't make it. So, we will all have to meet up next year because I was planning on that one for sure.

Jay

QuadJunkies
04-06-2005, 11:48 PM
So are you guys thinking of chit caning the Predator? To bad you guys can't make it. So, we will all have to meet up next year because I was planning on that one for sure.

Jay We are thinking about it unless I can find a replacement motor for a good pirce thats in good shape...:ermm:

dirtmomma
04-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Damn Tina that sucks sounds like you guys need to give up on that Polaris :( sorry to say.
Need to get him and/or you a new yammi or honda 450 :eek: :devil: sell the preddy as it sits w/ all the damn $$ you ahve into it you should get a good price shouldn't ya??

Sorry to hear it again :( hope something works out for you!!!

QuadJunkies
04-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Damn Tina that sucks sounds like you guys need to give up on that Polaris :( sorry to say.
Need to get him and/or you a new yammi or honda 450 :eek: :devil: sell the preddy as it sits w/ all the damn $$ you ahve into it you should get a good price shouldn't ya??

Sorry to hear it again :( hope something works out for you!!! Its not worth Jack if the motor is gone, I guess we will see how bad this wk end.:ermm: Ill be parting it out if thats the case and it will be some time before we can afford to buy another one :( This REALLY got Troy down and out this time so I dunno if he will buy another one. IF we get another quad, he will buy a 450r for sure. He doesnt like the fit and feel of the Yami but felt very nice on the R.

wilkin250r
04-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Maybe I'll come and bring an extra quad for ya. ;)

Do you thing Troy will mind riding a 250X? :blah:

QuadJunkies
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Maybe I'll come and bring an extra quad for ya. ;)

Do you thing Troy will mind riding a 250X? :blah:
He would NEVER ride something that he couldnt TEAR me on!! :o :p and I would NEVER let him live that up.... :blah: :macho

Lst year he had to borrow a quad cause his was down then too,kind of takes the fun out when you cant ride your own ride... :ermm:

ThorChick
04-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey guys, haven't been on here in forever so thought I'd say HI!!!!! Wow, another St. Anthony's trip huh? I'd love to go, might even be able to get the time off, its the gas money that might be difficult though. Prices SUCK right now in Oregon. I just paid $2.40 a gallon yesterday to fill my dakota up. Anyways, I'm at work and don't have time to read the whole thread so if someone would be polite enough to hit me up with the date I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kacy

DESDAK4
04-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Tina, don't let him give up on quads all together. I could tell just from the trip last year he just loves it to much.

Jay

JOEX
04-07-2005, 09:33 PM
He would NEVER ride something that he couldnt TEAR me on!! :o :p and I would NEVER let him live that up.... :blah: :macho

LOL!:p

Lst year he had to borrow a quad cause his was down then too,kind of takes the fun out when you cant ride your own ride...
I know it sucks not being able to ride your own ride but you guys need to find some way to make it. This is going to be a HUGE trip that you will regret missing;)

JOEX
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Hey guys, haven't been on here in forever so thought I'd say HI!!!!! Wow, another St. Anthony's trip huh? I'd love to go, might even be able to get the time off, its the gas money that might be difficult though. Prices SUCK right now in Oregon. I just paid $2.40 a gallon yesterday to fill my dakota up. Anyways, I'm at work and don't have time to read the whole thread so if someone would be polite enough to hit me up with the date I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kacy
Hey Kacy! Long time no see:)

The dates range roughly from June 16-26, people will be coming and going throughout the week and from across the country. There's another huge group from theatvcompound.com that will be there too, they're a good group of people;) This will be a huge get-together:cool:

ThorChick
04-08-2005, 12:56 PM
That sounds like a pretty fun ride. Maybe I'll see what I can do to come over there sometime during that week. Getting ready today to head to Sandlake for the weekend and visit a bunch of friends I haven't seen in almost a year so I'm pretty excited. Just polished a bunch of stuff on my R and removed that stupid skid plate I keep getting hung up on. If anyone else is heading over there look for me, I'll be the only green Dakota crew cab (2WD) stupid enough to drive all the way out on the dunes. Anyways, have a good weekend all!!!!

QuadJunkies
04-09-2005, 12:20 AM
GOOD NEWS~~~
The motor wasnt a total loss, looks like a bolt backed off and done some damage to the Case, so I need a case and a Clutch Basket :ermm: now I just need to find someone parting out...I guess thats good news and bad ...lol

DESDAK4
04-09-2005, 02:27 AM
QuadJunkies, Get a hold of NDpredator as I have a 2003 Predator in my garage with a junk tranny, maybe you guys could work something out. I know he needs to get rid of the bike but, am not sure how he plans on doing it. I will also talk to him tomorrow.

Jay

QuadJunkies
04-09-2005, 10:03 AM
QuadJunkies, Get a hold of NDpredator as I have a 2003 Predator in my garage with a junk tranny, maybe you guys could work something out. I know he needs to get rid of the bike but, am not sure how he plans on doing it. I will also talk to him tomorrow.

Jay Troy tried to talk to hm this week but I guess he was out of town until Monday?? Troy would like to buy the whole motor if hes sellin if we can afford it!:blah: HAve him call us ASAP please!! Maybe there is hope he can still race the WORCS on April 23rd afterall!!

DESDAK4
04-09-2005, 03:41 PM
I just called him and he should be getting a hold of you.

Jay

QuadJunkies
04-09-2005, 04:43 PM
I just called him and he should be getting a hold of you.

Jay thanks I appreciated it ;)

QuadJunkies
05-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Only one more month!!! Whos all still going???

JOEX
05-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Only one more month!!! Whos all still going???
As long as I get the motor back together:)

How about you guys?

kgbg
05-15-2005, 04:07 PM
I am there, Oasis Arrive 17th stay until the 22nd.

QuadJunkies
05-15-2005, 04:16 PM
As long as I get the motor back together:)

How about you guys? we still cant make it :( Ive been pouting all wk end after riding at our local Sandbox this wk end...:grr: what are you doing to your motor?? All I can say is I was VERY happy with mine this wk end!! Drag racing I tore ...........!! :blah: :macho

Until 4-5th gear then I just didnt have enough poop for the big dogs.We done a small gear change and with the paddles it worked good! :ermm: Im still very happy with my quad .

JOEX
05-15-2005, 04:21 PM
we still cant make it :( Ive been pouting all wk end after riding at our local Sandbox this wk end...:grr: what are you doing to your motor?? All I can say is I was VERY happy with mine this wk end!! Drag racing I tore ...........!! :blah: :macho

Until 4-5th gear then I just didnt have enough poop for the big dogs.We done a small gear change and with the paddles it worked good! :ermm: Im still very happy with my quad .
10.8 416 kit, cam, clean up port and maybe dual exhaust:D

QuadJunkies
05-15-2005, 04:23 PM
nice.... :cool: the port job alone will be a nice addition.... :D

RSO660R
05-18-2005, 11:08 PM
10.8 416 kit, cam, clean up port and maybe dual exhaust:D

Very nice.
:cool:

You will love the dual exhaust if you go that route.

Hey hey, first post for me. Now how about that..:D LMAO..

JOEX
05-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by RSO660R
Very nice.
:cool:

You will love the dual exhaust if you go that route.

Hey hey, first post for me. Now how about that..:D LMAO..
Anti-post whore:o only took you two years :devil:

I went that route;) it'll be here Tuesday :D :macho

wilkin250r
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
What cam are you going to be running?

JOEX
05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
What cam are you going to be running?
Not sure yet, was going to get the Hot Cams 1 but now i'm not sure that's the right choice:ermm:

I heard about a drop in copy of the Web 479 from C&D but I need to find out if it requires HD springs and shortened valve guides like the real Web 479. The 'new' Hot Cams sounds like a contender for me but it's not out yet.

wilkin250r
05-23-2005, 06:20 PM
You're looking for something high-rev, it seems? Should be good for sand riding. I wish I had a recomendation for you, but I've only seen the numbers, I haven't actually played with any of them.

I seem to recall the numbers on the HRC cam looked pretty good, and designed as a true drop-in, stock rockers and springs. This is secondary information, though, you might want to veryify, but I believe it had a little more duration than the Web 450/451, which should shift more power to upper RPMs.

QuadJunkies
05-24-2005, 01:52 PM
well, things are starting to look like we MIGHT be able to make the trip!!! :blah: If we can tie up a fwe small strings, Troy and I will be able to run a wk end trip out of it anyhow .

Wilkin250r~~ you going??? Who all is still going?? We will be camping at Lake Egin if we go since it will just be for the wk end.

JOEX
05-24-2005, 03:30 PM
well, things are starting to look like we MIGHT be able to make the trip!!! :blah: If we can tie up a fwe small strings, Troy and I will be able to run a wk end trip out of it anyhow .

Wilkin250r~~ you going??? Who all is still going?? We will be camping at Lake Egin if we go since it will just be for the wk end.
Good to hear!:macho

I'll be with theatvcompound.com group at Desert Oasis (I think:p )

SAND LUVR
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
me and the wife plan to go up there the ending of june. How is the weather around that time. Any advice as well.

predatorkick@$$
05-25-2005, 12:03 AM
AWESOME Tina glad too hear that!!

Sand LUVR the sand is good in june not too hot yet usally!!

QuadJunkies
05-25-2005, 12:17 AM
well, we wont have the PRedator since wree parting it out, but we will have a 450, just might not have sand tires :ermm: one more loop ,and I think WERE COMING.....!!! :D

predatorkick@$$
05-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Tina I have some sand skate 2's that just need rim's if you had some 10 inch rims that would work for the 450 you could use them!!

QuadJunkies
05-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Tina I have some sand skate 2's that just need rim's if you had some 10 inch rims that would work for the 450 you could use them!! thas just it.. I have three sets of paddles but these will need a Yami bolt pettern :( Thanks for the offer though!;)
I hope we can come, Troy and i need some fun time away after all the stuff thats been going on with his :ermm:

Im gonna need to buy new front rims also, my Mohawks are on 2/4 offset thats gonna make me like 54 inches wide :huh LOL!

predatorkick@$$
05-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I will ask my buddies about some rims they all have yamaha's and may have a spare set of rims!!

QuadJunkies
05-25-2005, 12:38 AM
thank you! And Ill let you know if I end up finding a set here to borrow as well ;)

wilkin250r
05-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I can't make it, no chance at all. I wish I could, but I've got obligations coming out of my ears.

QuadJunkies
05-25-2005, 11:54 AM
I can't make it, no chance at all. I wish I could, but I've got obligations coming out of my ears. Oh.. thats too bad, I was hoping to meet you... but I do understand how that goes ;)

Joe, where ya camping ???

JOEX
05-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Oh.. thats too bad, I was hoping to meet you... but I do understand how that goes ;)

Joe, where ya camping ???
Not sure exactly where yet, probably find out when I get there:eek: I'll caravaning with some members from theatvcompound. I'm pretty sure we'll be at the Desert Oasis campground.

I have a few sets of Honda front rims and tires if you need 'em:)

QuadJunkies
05-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Not sure exactly where yet, probably find out when I get there:eek: I'll caravaning with some members from theatvcompound. I'm pretty sure we'll be at the Desert Oasis campground.

I have a few sets of Honda front rims and tires if you need 'em:) thanks! Im on good shape, but the Yami may not have tires ;) Ill be putting my paddles on Troy Bajas :D

So is any of the compund bringing any sand rails???!! :blah: If so.... I WANT Dibs on a RIDE PLEASE!.......... :blah:

Well, you know what my rig looks like and my quad so look for us first thing Sat. morning! Ill be there around 8-9pm if all goes well on Fri.
We all need to get together for a group picture . IF anyone is staying at the Lake we could meet up

JOEX
05-26-2005, 12:05 AM
thanks! Im on good shape, but the Yami may not have tires ;) Ill be putting my paddles on Troy Bajas :D

So is any of the compund bringing any sand rails???!! :blah: If so.... I WANT Dibs on a RIDE PLEASE!.......... :blah:

Well, you know what my rig looks like and my quad so look for us first thing Sat. morning! Ill be there around 8-9pm if all goes well on Fri.
We all need to get together for a group picture . IF anyone is staying at the Lake we could meet up
I think at least one member just got a rail, i'll have to look back to see who it is.

We'll probaly be pulling in at about the same time. When do you plan on pulling out? The compound group ride and pot luck is going to be on Tuesday:)

QuadJunkies
05-26-2005, 12:17 AM
Money is tight this year so we will have to make what is usually a 5 day trip into 2 :(

Plus, my BBsitting arangments for the wee ones will have to be shortened this year

E-ATV-Racing
05-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Tina,

I have a set of paddles on Yamaha rims you can use. They are Gekos. If you perfer your own paddles they are 9 inch rims. I can change them over to your paddles for you if you want.

Also, I did not get a chance to call Troy last night. I will try again tonight.

Paul

QuadJunkies
05-26-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by E-ATV-Racing
Tina,

I have a set of paddles on Yamaha rims you can use. They are Gekos. If you perfer your own paddles they are 9 inch rims. I can change them over to your paddles for you if you want.

Also, I did not get a chance to call Troy last night. I will try again tonight.

Paul well thanks so much!!! Troy would much appreciate that! Now I can only hope my sitter for the wk end works out.... :ermm:

why arent you all going this year?? I was goign to email you this wk about going... :(

wilkin250r
05-26-2005, 09:46 AM
I'll have to make it next year.

E-ATV-Racing
05-26-2005, 12:49 PM
We will be there, I just have not mentioned it yet. We will be camping at Egin lake. The wheels and tires I offered are from the Raptor, which I was final able to sell.

QuadJunkies
05-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Well, we were able to tie up loose ends so.......

BRING ON THE SAND!!!!!!! :D :macho :blah:

JOEX
05-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Well, we were able to tie up loose ends so.......

BRING ON THE SAND!!!!!!! :D :macho :blah:
:macho :D :D :macho

QuadJunkies
05-27-2005, 12:20 AM
:macho :D :D :macho get that Bad boy ready for some Drag racing my freind.... :devil: :D

QuadJunkies
05-27-2005, 12:21 AM
So did the Atvriders group just TOTALLY shrink or What???

:huh :(

wilkin250r
05-27-2005, 12:23 PM
get that Bad boy ready for some Drag racing my freind.... :devil: :D
You just follow my advice, Joe, and you'll be running circles around her 440 :blah: :devil:

QuadJunkies
05-27-2005, 12:37 PM
You just follow my advice, Joe, and you'll be running circles around her 440 :blah: :devil: :eek: :p

JOEX
05-27-2005, 09:32 PM
You just follow my advice, Joe, and you'll be running circles around her 440 :blah: :devil:
Hopefully it wont be while tumbling down the dunes:eek: :p

QuadJunkies
05-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Hopefully it wont be while tumbling down the dunes:eek: :p I done that my first trip to St. A's :o :ermm:

QuadJunkies
06-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Yo Mitch, we need a sand report, whats it like up there right now??
W/ all the rain we are getting Im starting to wonder if we will have some good sand or not!! :ermm:

predatorkick@$$
06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
It has been raining here and should dry out by time for trip!! Hope I can come just sold the pred!!

QuadJunkies
06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
It has been raining here and should dry out by time for trip!! Hope I can come just sold the pred!! You wha??!!!!!! :eek: guess you wont be needing that Rectifier now Eh??

QuadJunkies
06-02-2005, 12:06 AM
So, I hear there is a short cut to get to Choke Cherry now?? some Farmers road or something?? This might come in handy for some who cant make the full ride over, but would like to check it out going a short cut :)

predatorkick@$$
06-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Ya I won;t need that know made the deal final tonight!!

predatorkick@$$
06-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I have not seen one through a field but there is the parking lot out by there you have to haul your quad too! that is where we unloaded last sunday

QuadJunkies
06-02-2005, 12:36 AM
hmmm... Ill need more info on that and how to find it!! sO Im dyin to know.... What are you buying next???? :D and Why did ya sell her??? :(

predatorkick@$$
06-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I can show where it is when ya get here!!
As far as what I'm getting is a 450r !! YA I know but I was not planning on selling the pred but I had a offer that I could not pass up!!

QuadJunkies
06-02-2005, 11:47 PM
I can show where it is when ya get here!!
As far as what I'm getting is a 450r !! YA I know but I was not planning on selling the pred but I had a offer that I could not pass up!! thats AWESOME!! Im jealous!! And so will Troy be ....:p

predatorkick@$$
06-02-2005, 11:51 PM
LOL ya I can't wait to get it!!

QuadJunkies
06-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Can you tell me what the pipe YFZ'z and honda 450's are running for jetting ?? Wasnt sureif you had heard but we would liek to NOT have to get them dialed in and be ready to go before we leave ;) We just jetting my Honda to a 178 ,was a 182 I believe.

predatorkick@$$
06-05-2005, 12:15 PM
Tina I'm not sure what they are running for jetting on them wish I could tell ya we are at about 5000' if that would help!!

QuadJunkies
06-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Tina I'm not sure what they are running for jetting on them wish I could tell ya we are at about 5000' if that would help!! thats Ok.. we will just give a buzz to the boys at Rexburg Motorsports. ;)

QuadJunkies
06-08-2005, 12:57 AM
This should get everyone pumped up.. :devil:

Saint Anthonys (heres a little taste of whats in store.. check out Alticiyss short clip of the dunes last Fathers Day wk end... .... I cant wait!! )

QuadJunkies
06-15-2005, 12:10 AM
TWO MORE DAYS....... :D Im sure sad to see that not more atvriders could make it out this year:(

QuadJunkies
06-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Kansas T
I planning on traveling up there with GeneralG. Should be a great trip. Is your group still making it out?? Also Jackie???

I know of 14 locals going confirmed. All of which will be camping at BLM.we are going to do are darndest to leave town around noon so we can get in a little riding before sundown, Im PRAYING for good weather! :eek2:

dirtmomma
06-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Hope you all have a GREAT time, be safe keep the rubber side down & ride you azzez OFF :D:D:D

Wish we could of been there :( ONE of these years LOL ;):) QJ did you guys get a fofiddy?? :D

Gotta get ready for the ATV Jamboree now whooohooo only going for a couple days this year we are really going to visit w/ all the GREAT folks we have met over the years!! I'm sure we will get a couple rides in, I hope anyway LOL,
HAVE FUN BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

QuadJunkies
06-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Hope you all have a GREAT time, be safe keep the rubber side down & ride you azzez OFF :D:D:D

Wish we could of been there :( ONE of these years LOL ;):) QJ did you guys get a fofiddy?? :D

Gotta get ready for the ATV Jamboree now whooohooo only going for a couple days this year we are really going to visit w/ all the GREAT folks we have met over the years!! I'm sure we will get a couple rides in, I hope anyway LOL,
HAVE FUN BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 No the 450 is just a loaner :( but its better than nothing right now,otherwise, we wouldnt be going.
You have fun on your trip too, take some pics !:blah: Show Em how to barrel race again :D Oh, I plan on riding my butt off the last two years we Ave. 32 hours in 5 days and last year a few more than that :eek2: There is going to be a nice group out this year I can wait to get some footage for a video and pictures!

Kansas T
06-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Is your group still making it out?? Also Jackie???

GeneralG and I wont be making the trip. To many irons in the fire right now. There may still be some others from this area going, but I'm not sure. Sorry. Maybe next year.

QuadJunkies
06-21-2005, 10:36 PM
dunetopia coverage (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167742) is now up in the open forum