PDA

View Full Version : Changing Clutch ? ! ? Kinda'

schism_rhs
09-04-2001, 08:29 AM
This Might be a stupid question and I know most readers in here probably like the idea of having a clutch, but its just something that gets in the way for me. I can use it and everythin, but I just like the quads that don't have them...and I can in no way afford to go get a different quad !

I was wondering is there any kinda of a kit out there that could change a manual quad into semi automatic, so the cluth wouldn't have to be used anymore ?

And is speed shifting up just without the clutch harmful to the bike in any way, like does that wear down the clutch or anything...I never speed shift down, just up !:huh

kc 300EX
09-04-2001, 10:51 AM
i dont believe there is any such kit, just believe me when i say, you WILL get used to using the clutch, it just takes practice and patience

MR. HONDA EX'S
09-04-2001, 01:17 PM
It just takes time to learn the clutch thing. If u don't have a quad look into the 250EX. It's not a full on clutch, it's a auto clutch. Just pull up an the shifter to go up a gear and push down, to go down. Just let off the gas when shifting it. No clutch handle to pull and no adjustment to be made. And it's pretty fast too.:D

schism_rhs
09-04-2001, 01:29 PM
yea I know how to use the clutch and can use it very well for about an hour begore my hands start to cramp up, because the terrain I ride on is constantly changing from bunps to mud to wound out hay fields, thats why Iwas kinda wondering if speed shifting without the cluth would be a problem

schism_rhs
09-04-2001, 01:31 PM
oh yea and I forgot, I have a bike, its an 87' TRX 250 X, still in good condition, needs a lil work on appearence, and some lil things. I wanted a 250ex but had to get a second hand bike cause I don't have a job and was still 15 when I got the 250, I'm 16 now and lookin for work

kc 300EX
09-04-2001, 01:55 PM
if your hand cramping is your biggest problem, i just suggest getting a new clutch lever and perch that has less pull, plenty of brands out there, i have a moose, it works awesome, you can also try and ez pull clutch system from moose

trx400ex
09-04-2001, 03:12 PM
to answer you main question.....no, powershifting wont hurt the bike

nakomis0
09-04-2001, 06:10 PM
There is a thing called an 'air clutch', but I think its strickly for drag racing.

liltazz
09-06-2001, 02:22 PM
try a new clutch cable. after about a year the tend to wear out. this will cost you about 12 bucks.