PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the AMA/ATVA should start substance testing?

infantry317
12-04-2004, 07:34 AM
I know our sports (ATV's/Bikes) aren't as big as the NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL (whose testing procedures are a joke at best). I think it's a little odd how dominating a few certain riders are. You can put your blinders on and say doesn't happen, but you're fooling yourself. From what I've heard a top pro who retired from racing admitted using steroids. If you are injured, you can legally be given steroids.

Personally, I'd rather see a level playing field, than freaks (not trying to step on any particular champs here) that run away with everything.

What does everyone think?

Hammer trx450r
12-04-2004, 07:41 AM
I am definatly not affraid of any quad riders useing steroids:)

just my opinion

SRH
12-04-2004, 07:46 AM
there is nothing you can take to make yourself a better rider only to make yourself worse and the top guys obviously arent doing that stuff, if someone wants to take steroids for whatever reason let them, its not going to give them natural ability the top riders are born with. mx isnt some ........sport like nba and stuff those sports have alot to do with physical strength ,in mx a good rider can win even if hes not in shape, remember a smoother rider conserves alot of energy, look at mc in his day, everyone would train there *** off eat the right food and they were superfit, mc just did what any normal guy does to work out, and he would win.....no matter how you run you get tired , but its not the same with riding and racing

Rico
12-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Cardio Stack makes me feel like I"m on steroids.....:macho

400exdad
12-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Cardio Stack makes me feel like I"m on steroids.....:macho

Does that make you a Car-ack head when your on "da juice" Rico? :D

The overall idea is a tough one. I would hate to think that the reason some of these guys are out front all the time is due to substance abuse. I find it hard to believe that steroids can have a postive effect for the entire race. With the other pro-sports, you mentioned, there are rest periods, if you will, and with XC, its really about stamina and training. However, I would think that some substances could create a euphoric effect which would enhance confidence, which is basically guts, and the willingness to take chances that the normal "sober" person wouldn't take.

400grl
12-04-2004, 08:18 AM
I would like to think out MX guys don't use anything beyond natural substances to boost performance.....and actually, there probably isn't much they could take to make them better riders, anyway.......I HAVE heard of people taking Aderal and speed and things in this industry......risky, at the rate your heart is already beating during a moto, I would think! Those things boost performance, energy levels and concentration and quicken your reflexes......so if any drug was being abused I would think it would be something like that over steroids......but you can't keep taking that stuff and stay healthy.......:ermm:

Shawn H
12-04-2004, 08:32 AM
I doubt Roids help the racer?

I dont believe in any of them supplements (cardio stack and what ever others are out there) Flame me if ya like I DONT CARE!

I believe with good diet and workout plan I need no extra supplements. I here they work just not for me> Drugs work too and make ya feel good but are they good for ya NO. :(

infantry317
12-04-2004, 08:53 AM
Look how many runners have been busted for substance abuse, not just sprinters, they do aid endurance in the fact that when you train your muscles recover faster.

Syrus
12-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Roids dont make you superman over normal people. They just make you think you want to work out more, and train harder. Thay wont make you a super quad rider, just a bit heavier with the muscle you might put on after sometime on roids.

infantry317
12-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Roids dont make you superman over normal people. They just make you think you want to work out more, and train harder. Thay wont make you a super quad rider, just a bit heavier with the muscle you might put on after sometime on roids.

You obviously have never known anyone that used the real deal. They do work. Period. Steroids make your body repair muscle tissue tears faster.

400exdad
12-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by infantry317
You obviously have never known anyone that used the real deal. They do work. Period. Steroids make your body repair muscle tissue tears faster.

He's right they do work. And as you all know they have their side effects.... a "friend" of mine was on them and while he was all buff and all, he was one of the most aggressive folks I knew. When we would go out there would always be a fight.... And when I say "knew", I mean he is no longer around. He ended up offing himself. I'm sure the steroids had everything to do with his behavior and him killing himself.

popo
12-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
[B] Flame me if ya like I DONT CARE!

Here is your flame ******. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_128.gif he he he

Rico
12-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm

I dont believe in any of them supplements (cardio stack and what ever others are out there) Flame me if ya like I DONT CARE!

Flame thrower on.....:D

I agree 100% that someone that CAN train, diet and workout properly needs NOTHING to improve their racing abilities.

My diet is horrible, my workout plan pretty much sucks, and I have no training. But Cardio Stack does work for me without a doubt.

IF I had an evil twin and I was on cardio stack and he wasn't and we raced, I most definitly have an advantage over him. I feel I have an advantage over other racers that are not on it that have the same workout and diet routine as myself, just like me having aftermarket shocks compared to the guy running stockers next to me.

For those that wonder about CS, it's a not a speed pill that gets your heart pumping and adreniline rush going. When you take it, you'll get the same feeling as if you took a vitamin... OH and Cardio Stack is also good for the body not bad like roids....;)

Nausty
12-05-2004, 04:46 PM
i call bull****, roids wouldn't hardly help with motorcross and if they did you could get just about all the results you need just from lifting for motorcross.

Roids by themself don't do much to make you tougher unless you lift for the most part otherwise your gonna get ***** tits and acne and all the other crap.

Also no friggen way i'm gonna go piss in a cup before every race and even if they did have tests at the nationals there is still lots of ways to by pass them. (cycleing them so that they are out of your system by the race while still maintaining the results gained, use someone elses urine, ect, ect)

infantry317
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
How do you explain Olympic runners and swimmers getting busted for GH, IGF1, and steroids?

12-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Actually, steroids before a moto might give you extra adrenaline to make you last longer.

infantry317
12-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Actually I think they need to build up for a few days before you would see any effect. Where you would see the benefit is, in training; you could train harder and longer with less time between 100% sessions on your bike becuase your body will recover twice as fast as someone on nothing, therefore you have more endurance.

popo
12-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Atkins450
Actually, steroids before a moto might give you extra adrenaline to make you last longer.

Steriods will not induce an adrenaline increase.

Think about who takes them for a moment, football,baseball players,weight lifters or sports related to strength.

Try racing either Mx or cross country while on roids and you'll wear out from mucsle pump. Same thing with creatine, it's a muscle volumizer, take some and you'll experience the worst arm pump ever.

450Racer
12-05-2004, 06:13 PM
i know i sure the heck don't want riders racing me on that stuff. MX is already risky enough, people aren't in their right mind half the time anyway. all we need is to have a crack addict trying to pass you with abilities he doens't have.

Nausty
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by infantry317
How do you explain Olympic runners and swimmers getting busted for GH, IGF1, and steroids?

.... they probably didn't cycle right!

People do it all the time at bodybuilding contests and probably just about any sport out there. They get on a cycle for a couple months while training and gaining muscle and then they stop taking the steroids while retaining a good diet w/ lots of protein to keep the muscle while the steroids clear out of their system.

As for whoever compared a steroid user to a crack head. :rolleyes:

Personally there isn't hardly anyway I could find steroids useful for racing because you only need to be so tough and chances are if steroids could help them.(if they are a twig) chances are they know nothing about it including where to get it, how to take it, which kind to take, and have never been in a weight room and will probably be little results because of it.

Finally, in my opinion in general its their choice and its their body and personally I could care less because very little the skills to be good at motorcross involve being extremely tough. How many extremely tough or half way tough pros do you guys see? Not very many!

Bigg Pimpin
12-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by popo
Steriods will not induce an adrenaline increase.

Think about who takes them for a moment, football,baseball players,weight lifters or sports related to strength.

Try racing either Mx or cross country while on roids and you'll wear out from mucsle pump. Same thing with creatine, it's a muscle volumizer, take some and you'll experience the worst arm pump ever.

Exactly! Take it from someone who knows. Myself being an ex body builder and very knowledgable in steroid use I can honestly say I would see ablosutly no benefit in the ATV world for steroid use. It would hurt more than it could ever help just as POPO said. Besides it's going to cause the muscles to harden and be much less flexible which is exactly what you don't want to do racing MX or GNCC.

infantry317
12-06-2004, 06:03 AM
I'm not just talking steroids, read this, wait for the ad to disappear;

http://www.forbes.com/2002/02/15/0215ped.html

Whatever, I'm not a real racer anyway, I just find it funny how dominant some certain few riders are, I know they are skilled beyond belief.