PDA

View Full Version : yz kickstart question

camsdad
12-03-2004, 08:51 PM
which kickstart is the best to use ?the stock one is too long,has anyone ever converted the stock ex subframe to a flip top...thanks

yamahonda
12-03-2004, 10:04 PM
i'm glad mines long cus if it was short it would be a pain kicking over the big thumper... bout breaks my foot now... i like the leverage it gives me...

camsdad
12-04-2004, 02:53 PM
actually they start easier with the shorter kicker,it spins the motor faster,i have a short and a long kickstart..the short one is alot easier to start its just worn out an needs replaced i just dont know what it came off of.....

R3Concepts
12-04-2004, 03:27 PM
On most mx yfzs that get swichted over are from a yz 250 i think around a '98.

speedy400
12-04-2004, 03:58 PM
The flip top idea dosnt seem to be all that hard.... youd need to take off the mounts for the front of the seat/ rear plastic. then somehow make a little frame for the seat/rear plastic, then put hinges on the rear side of the seat frame and mount the hinges to the subframe.. then put a little stud on the front of the seat frame and drill a hole for in the front part of the subframe, so the stud would go in the hole in the subframe, and put a lil cotter pin in it...... simple as that:rolleyes: ... Sorry I made it sound confusing, I've seen it done though. good luck-darren

camsdad
12-04-2004, 06:22 PM
r3 thanks for the year and kicker info...i know how to do the flip top,i guess i should have asked the flip top question a lil differently..so here goes,all the flip top bikes ive seen were using 250r plastic,has anyone seen or done a 400ex,i'm curious if the rear plastic willclear the front when you lift it up?(the r has a square intersection the ex comes to a point)speedy the cotter pin idea would defeat the purpose,i could just remove the rear fenders in stock for easier than a cotter pin....thanks for the ideas...