PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving vacation, coral pink Utah, glamis california PICS!

Pages : 1 [2]

MY450R
12-08-2004, 12:52 PM
holy crap that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuadJunkies
12-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by MY450R
holy crap that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is... there are dunes Im even Skerd to go up/down..... :o :p Choke Cherry is the famous hill and that pic I posted is just one of the fw HUGE bowls ...

Bee,what was the temps like at Glamis?

JTRtrx250r
12-08-2004, 01:33 PM
from the pics Ive seen...the some of the hills were so steep they were unclimbable, didnt know sand could stack that steep/high vertically LOL, HUGE hill climbs!!!!:macho :macho :macho

Gotsta get my butt over there!!:blah:

LazeR
12-08-2004, 02:36 PM
That bowl is huge! If i went to the ride in Idaho, i would prolly be the one left behind on my almost stock 400ex lol it would still be a lot of fun, getting to see some dunes besides the ones around here!

beerock
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
thats a sick hill, we were actually going around bowls steeper then that with the buggies.:eek: (in 5th WOT)

No there are not many drop offs in glamis but when the wind blows it can and will have more then usual.

the temps in glamis were like 60-70 degrees during the day and anywhere form 45-60 at night. it was perfect weather

with that in mind, I DOUBT very highly i will be hitting idaho in june. theres no way i would ride in 80+ degrees in nothing but sun and dunes. thats why glamis is during the winter months because of the temps in summer.

Maybe we can have a early or late spring run in idaho cuz i use the boat in summer and i dont like to sweat profusely in summer, its not fun for me. my metabolism is so high that you will think it was raining when i take my helmet off. I sweat alot in the iwnter too and it looks like somone lit a fire tot he top of my head cuz of all the steam that comes off of it. LOL, as a joke I usually run around when im with new riders screaming ouch ouch ouch my heads on fire(while the steam pours off!!! LOL

EPDP99
12-08-2004, 06:23 PM
beerock, excellent pictures make me want to hit the hill climbs. but im way closer to buttercup and glamis(4 hours). i love the dunes, tons of fun and ya winter months only.

generalg
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
MY JAW has DROPPED to the FLOOR! AWESOME!

beerock
12-08-2004, 07:24 PM
WHEN BEEROCKS IN THE HOUSE HE DROPS PICS LIKE ITS HOT DROPS EM LIKE ITS HOT

WHEN THE BOYS ARE IN DA PLACE WE DROP THE THROTTLE LIKE ITS HOT

DROP THE THROTTLE LIKE ITS HOT

MY NAME IS BEEROCK AND I DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT WHEN IM ON EXRIDERS BLOWIN UP DA SPOT CUZ I DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT ;)

:devil: :macho

QuadJunkies
12-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
That bowl is huge! If i went to the ride in Idaho, i would prolly be the one left behind on my almost stock 400ex lol it would still be a lot of fun, getting to see some dunes besides the ones around here! dont under estimate the 400. My ole man got mine up it with nothing but a pipe four timesup choke cherry our second trip to the dunes!!! :blah: and I got the vid to prove it........ :D

QuadJunkies
12-08-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by beerock
thats a sick hill, we were actually going around bowls steeper then that with the buggies.:eek: (in 5th WOT)

No there are not many drop offs in glamis but when the wind blows it can and will have more then usual.

the temps in glamis were like 60-70 degrees during the day and anywhere form 45-60 at night. it was perfect weather

with that in mind, I DOUBT very highly i will be hitting idaho in june. theres no way i would ride in 80+ degrees in nothing but sun and dunes. thats why glamis is during the winter months because of the temps in summer.

Maybe we can have a early or late spring run in idaho cuz i use the boat in summer and i dont like to sweat profusely in summer, its not fun for me. my metabolism is so high that you will think it was raining when i take my helmet off. I sweat alot in the iwnter too and it looks like somone lit a fire tot he top of my head cuz of all the steam that comes off of it. LOL, as a joke I usually run around when im with new riders screaming ouch ouch ouch my heads on fire(while the steam pours off!!! LOL

awwe... come on Bee!!! Its not THAT bad!!! ;) sometimes in June the weather is cooler than that too.... :) we dont have all the humidity that the East coast gets either.Our first trip up in May was a pisser.... RAIN,WIND.... MORE RAIN...:rolleyes: next trip up I think was un Aug... TOO HOT THEN!! :eek2: 100 degree weather.. June is just about right ;) Im tellin ya... you wont be dissapointed........ :cool:

QuadJunkies
12-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Did I change your mind yet???!!! :blah: |
I think these pics were SandluvR's pics for his trip :)

beerock
12-09-2004, 06:34 AM
hmm, im gonna have to find out what the weather is like that time of year

heres a pic from glamis info.com

chris jay and hardcore jay doin a 3 man wheelie:devil:

EVERYBODY was takin pics of our little show ;)

12-09-2004, 01:28 PM
:eek2: :eek2: speechless! Awesome pics Im jealous as hell!! Nice job with the coverage, great pics!:D

YOU GUYS ROCK!!

LazeR
12-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
dont under estimate the 400. My ole man got mine up it with nothing but a pipe four timesup choke cherry our second trip to the dunes!!! :blah: and I got the vid to prove it........ :D

Wow, i wouldn't of guessed a stock 400 with a pipe would go up choke cherry! How much does he weigh ? I'd love to get out there and ride those dunes, looks like a blast! What town are the dunes in ? i couldn't find St. Anthonys, Idaho on yahoo map, or at least i couldnt get direction to there.

QuadJunkies
12-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
Wow, i wouldn't of guessed a stock 400 with a pipe would go up choke cherry! How much does he weigh ? I'd love to get out there and ride those dunes, looks like a blast! What town are the dunes in ? i couldn't find St. Anthonys, Idaho on yahoo map, or at least i couldnt get direction to there. at the time, he weighed 200 lbs. EVERYONE was shocked to see it go up cause no one elses was.......... :eek2:
Then last year, only one rider who was lighter was able to get it up Choke and now mine has the 426 in it:huh
alot has to do with the time of year you go too, its much steeper early in the season than it is later in the summer....

LazeR
12-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
at the time, he weighed 200 lbs. EVERYONE was shocked to see it go up cause no one elses was.......... :eek2:
Then last year, only one rider who was lighter was able to get it up Choke and now mine has the 426 in it:huh
alot has to do with the time of year you go too, its much steeper early in the season than it is later in the summer....

Im about 175, im guessing i prolly could get up it, or at least i hope so :p

beerock
12-09-2004, 06:45 PM
another pic i found, theres my bike with my helmet on it and all the bad arse buggies

LazeR
12-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Your famous now! What was it like riding in one of those buggies ? Best thing i have rode in, is a sand rail that would wheelie, and that was a lot of fun

nj87ttype
12-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Awesome pics. Next time make sure to change to the correct jetting so your quad runs right! :D

LazeR
12-10-2004, 07:59 PM
TTT gotta keep this post up

beerock
12-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Lazer those rails were insane, they were taking deep whoops that would break my back with ease. we woudl hit them and id be like damn. alex would be like "right thats nuts right?" because he rides too and I still dont undertsand how i was keeping up with them.

montyjcm
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Wow . . . very nice pictures and coverage. Thanks for spending the time.

Man, it makes me want to go to glamis soo bad; i only live 3 hours away, but I haven't been there yet!!!:mad:

Gotta talk my dad into it.

LazeR
12-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Lazer those rails were insane, they were taking deep whoops that would break my back with ease. we woudl hit them and id be like damn. alex would be like "right thats nuts right?" because he rides too and I still dont undertsand how i was keeping up with them.

That's crazy. The rail i rode in was pretty rough, but it wheelied and that was fun lol! I would love to ride in one of those expensive buggies, they just look like so much fun! You have anymore pics of the buggies ?

kwatts400
12-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by montyjcm
Man, it makes me want to go to glamis soo bad; i only live 3 hours away, but I haven't been there yet!!!:mad:

Gotta talk my dad into it. [/B]

If I only lived 3 miles from Glamis, I'd be there quite a bit. Some of the places I ride with my friends locally are 2 1/2 hours away, and we do day trips for them. 3 hours from Glamis and we'd have yearly passes for sure. Sounds like you need to get to work on your dad for a little trip to the dunes:cool:

beerock
12-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by kwatts400
If I only lived 3 miles from Glamis, I'd be there quite a bit. Some of the places I ride with my friends locally are 2 1/2 hours away, and we do day trips for them. 3 hours from Glamis and we'd have yearly passes for sure. Sounds like you need to get to work on your dad for a little trip to the dunes:cool:

umm hello hell yeah!!! that guy has it easy bro!! lol

im still waiting on pics from my friends:o

montyjcm
12-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Heck ya i want to go, but my dad has heard stories about it being too crazy out there. I just gotta convince him.

But at least he takes me to ocotillo wells.:p

kwatts400
12-12-2004, 12:47 AM
umm hello hell yeah!!! that guy has it easy bro!! lol

im still waiting on pics from my friends:o

I used to ride in some sand pits in Jersey, but since the cops started gettin bad, we just stay away. The only sand I've ridden in a while was a 15 hr trip to Silver Lake, MI. Although I think I might have the chance to go to Little Sahara in the next year or so.

kwatts400
12-12-2004, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by montyjcm
Heck ya i want to go, but my dad has heard stories about it being too crazy out there. I just gotta convince him.

But at least he takes me to ocotillo wells.:p

Maybe he'll go for a midweek trip, I'm sure its calm there during the week.

montyjcm
12-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Ya, or when he gets more comfortable with me just going out by myself with my bro. But i am going sometime for sure.

hardbodyt
12-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Yo whats up eveyone this is Chris from the trip the guy in the middle of the three person wheelie.

All this feed back is getting me really ampted up to do it again me and bee rock want to move out thier more pics are comin videos too. are coming soon.

LazeR
12-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hardbodyt
more pics are comin videos too. are coming soon.

Right on, can't wait to see them!

beerock
12-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by hardbodyt
Yo whats up eveyone this is Chris from the trip the guy in the middle of the three person wheelie.

All this feed back is getting me really ampted up to do it again me and bee rock want to move out thier more pics are comin videos too. are coming soon.

ya what up NIGGUH, yea hes also the guy goin up the hill on the 400ex wit da roll front end..

ahhh da memories

remlapr
12-14-2004, 08:08 PM
I know some guys that are talking about going out for Haloween next year. Hopefully things will work out and they will haul my quad and I will fly out and meet up with them. This thread definitely has me motivated now!

How many hours driving is it from Vegas vs. flying into San Diego??

Rkhard
12-20-2004, 07:28 AM
yea rem just say the word beerock me and my friends are heading to buttercup for haloween 05 there are like 3 huge rides thanksgiving which you did haloween and new years. we going to make the trek from south carolina all the way im figureing about 22 hours drive. how are the prices of sand tires there or is that somthing i need to purchase here.. we are planning 5 gallons of gas a day per quad. we all are taking camera's but i know how it gets when you get into riding im trying to talk the kentucky riders photographer into going but she aint biting yet. id be interested in getting some info from you so we can get our paperwork in order before we get there ie stickers regs stuff like that also i need to know where i can possibly get 2 50 gallon drums for hauling gas i wont be paying cali prices sheesh

kwatts400
12-20-2004, 09:58 AM
I would get the tires before you go, Rocky Mountain sells them pretty cheap.

Thumperz4Life
12-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Whats up Beerock, this is Stealth-R from Rriders. I wasnt sure if you ended up making the trip, I kinda lost touch when the site went down. I was looking for you on Gecko road because thats where you said you would be. Anyway, awsome pics of your whole trip man! Looks like you guys had a blast out there. Must have been fun riding with all of your bro's in a new location, especially glamis! Glamis is definately an experiance like no other. Did you guys make to the sand drags by gecko road? Well, maybe next time your out there ill meet up with you guys. Im actaully going out there this thursday for a one day session and then for new years, its gonna be sick! Take care man!

beerock
12-20-2004, 10:08 PM
I bought my sandstar rears for 185 out in vegas thats not bad, dealer cost forme was going to be a little cheaper but when i wanted to order them i had to nextday air and would actually cost mroe then what i paid. I was waiting for someone to get back to me at the time because at one point the whole trip almsot didnt happen because we had to switch all bikes from a 28' enclosed trailer to the 26' uhaul because the rented truck for the 28' car trailer didnt have an attachment for electric brakes :eek: we had a last minute problem that almost killed the trip. but we fixed it ;)
But yea, its probably about he same amount maybe a little more out in vegas, im not sure about glamis, but they do sell them there.

the drive to vegas is about 22-24 hours, our boy jay did it in amazing time. so id say 24-26 at a leisurely pace.

rkhARD, we went through 10 gallons AT LEAST a day. we also rode ALOT though, im talkin 8-10 hours a day. Race gas doesnt cost that much in brawley, they sell f&l 110 octane and worked it out to about $5 a gallon. there is a place in vegas that sells 110 octane AND they also sell 55 gallon drums for about 25 bux and a pump for 17 it comes about to $240 for 55 gallons. I suggest NOT driving across country with full 55 gallon drums, EVEN draining the tanks on the quads, thats what we did.

yo stealth R yea im hanging here at atvriders, i dont care for one of the mods on r central(I wonder who) SO I stay away. That sux we didnt meet up. I was at the sand drags on gecko, I actually went down the drags a couple times with my R. Sucks my camera wasnt working right when i was at the drags, I would have loved to get pics of the sand rails pullin sick wheelies etc..:o always next year bro:devil:

Breyon55
12-26-2004, 01:08 AM
wow i was the only one that didnt go this year and I missed out on alot..........
heres some pics that my brother took while he was there on thanks giving as well.............

MORE GLAMIS PICTURES!!!!! (http://www.streetracr67.photosite.com/glamis/)

and dont you love that automate function with photoshop.....makes actions ( resizing hi res pics ) so much easier.....

great job!!!!

kwatts400
12-26-2004, 11:20 AM
nice pics man.

pismoracer
12-29-2004, 09:02 AM
we spent around 2-3000, but we did it big dog style, you dont have to go all out like we did;)

well, maybe you should!!!

Wow, thats all i can say! that looks like an awesome trip man!

beerock
05-18-2005, 07:27 PM
its about that time to plan for thanksgiving in glamis again..........

Doober
05-18-2005, 08:17 PM
looks like a lot of fun...i hope i make it there someday:D

beerock
03-14-2012, 03:29 PM
I ust wanted to wake this thread up so more people can take a almost life like gander at what its like out in glamis

OldGuyonaQuad
03-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I ust wanted to wake this thread up so more people can take a almost life like gander at what its like out in glamis

Thanks so much for having done that Beerock, I enjoyed all of your pics and narration. I am thinking about going west in the next year or two and your post has me thinking.

BTW totally green with envy.

beerock
03-14-2012, 05:57 PM
No problem man, its all about sharing. Dont be envious of me, do what you have to do to go there, thats all!

finsteratv
03-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I do alot here in the oregon dunes but man..I DROOL at the glamis pics! especially those sand cars.. wow.

redrunner
03-15-2012, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
All I can say is "WOW"
How great would that be?:D

Haven't been on here or rode quads for sometime, but I did manage to get out to Glamis before I was done...it truly is a GREAT time and was worth every penny....so do it when you get the chance..

jcv400ex
03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Dude seriously beerock is still out there?!