View Full Version : Powder Coating

tdsongster
12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
I am looking into doing some powder coating and was wondering which gun to start with? I have seen the kit that eastwood has and harbor freight has one as well made by Chicago Electric. Are they pretty much the same? Is there another one that I don't know of that is better?

Thanks...

Pappy
12-03-2004, 08:44 PM
get the bottom feed gun from www.columbiacoatings.com

it seems to do much better then the others you mentioned. i think its like $149 for a starter gun

tdsongster
12-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Dam Pappy, are u ever not online? Every time I have sent something to u response time is less then a minute...

Pappy
12-03-2004, 08:48 PM
its all automated:o we sparred no expense..lmfao

tdsongster
12-03-2004, 08:49 PM
The only one I saw was $154 and it was by Chicago Electric. Harbor freight (which is local) sells the same gun for $59. Am I missing somehting or does columbia no longer carry the gun you were thinking of?

Thanks

Tim

Pappy
12-03-2004, 08:52 PM
they may not carry it any longer...but i just looked and it looks the same if ya ask me.

start off with a sampler powder kiut and that gun. get an old house oven or better yet the oven that columbia sells(it has a circulating fan.

the biggest thing will be to build yourself some type of booth to shoot the powder. it gets EVERYWHERE so make that a priority. a decent dust mask and some googles and yer set!

sampleez
12-09-2004, 10:26 PM
i am going to buy a gun too here shortly, and i was wondering about an oven. i know that you can use a regular oven for all of the smaller stuff, but i was wanting to do my 400 frame. i think i could build an oven, but i don't really know what to use or where i could get the heat supply. and help would be greatly appreciated.