PDA

View Full Version : Pappy???

Bush0102
12-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Where has pappy been lately? I havent seen him on the boards in the last few days. Guess he's up to his neck in off-season powdercoating work. Either that or he is succesfully depleting the Deer population of West Virginia.

...or maybe my dream scared him off...:p

Pappy
12-03-2004, 08:42 PM
who wants that jackazz around anyway:eek:

Bush0102
12-03-2004, 08:51 PM
haha there he is! What have you been up to?

Pappy
12-03-2004, 09:00 PM
well i have been on vacation since the day before thanksgiving. your correct, ive been doing my best to fill my freezer, and get all this PC work done in between butchering deer:p (anyone that gets a leg back with a part...my bad:devil: )

i have my own section now BK Performance so i dont have to bounce all over the site as much as i used too.

and on top of everything...my main computer's internet went silly so im on a back up until i can get it figured out.

im around...always around:cool:

Pappy
12-03-2004, 09:02 PM
oh yeah...bought me a new truck too:macho

Honda4trax250x
12-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
oh yeah...bought me a new truck too:macho \

nice, what kind?

Shawn H
12-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Pappy,
Did my frame show up yet from Gt Thunder?

Hows the coating coming I cant wait:cool:

Shawn

400exrules
12-03-2004, 09:45 PM
pappy........? who dat :confused:

Pappy
12-04-2004, 06:56 AM
i bought an 05 Dodge turbo diesel 3500 with 6 speed manual tranny, 4x4 quad cab!

snow...i havent seen it yet but i was off thursday and friday. calipers are done and the rest of the parts will be stripped early in the week so i can get to pc them.

SRH
12-04-2004, 07:40 AM
dodge.....well check this out pappy http://fmtx.shread.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=388325

im not a dodge person myself:p

muddkitten
12-04-2004, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
[B]i bought an 05 Dodge turbo diesel 3500 with 6 speed manual tranny, 4x4 quad cab!

can i ride with you pappy?:D

Rico
12-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by SRH
dodge.....well check this out pappy http://fmtx.shread.net/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=388325

im not a dodge person myself:p

LMFAO

Pappy you shoot any monsters yet????

Pappy
12-04-2004, 08:33 AM
the closest "rack" ive come to so far is a big titty woman in the shell station:(

i am cutting wood today, took the dogs rabbit huntin (same luck:grr: ) and genrally hanging out. we will start driving deer mid week so maybe ill get lucky if one big rack feller runs up and dies at ma feet:o

SRH...funny stuff:p personally id rather have a diagram of a chics play area then a manly set of nutz hanging off my mirror..lmao

Dave400ex
12-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Pappy are you going to put Exhaust, Gauges, a Chip, or anything in the truck? These diesels now are nuts with all of that stuff!

Shawn H
12-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Pappy,

Man you must be a animal?

broken foot or what ever and your out running dogs for rabbits :huh

Dont feel bad all I seen were skinheads too!:mad:

xcyfz450
12-04-2004, 09:33 AM
cummins diesel power is the only way to go thats all ill ever drive:D

Jackie
12-04-2004, 09:42 AM
If ya can't Dodge'm, Ram'm
I have the 1500 Hemi and the rear wheels have an issue
I cant stop spinning them
LOL:devil:

popo
12-04-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Jackie
If ya can't Dodge'm, Ram'm
I have the 1500 Hemi and the rear wheels have an issue
I cant stop spinning them
LOL:devil:

That don't mean it has any power to pull s trailer.

I have a 5.9 and the Hemi is just as much as a turd for power.

Bush0102
12-04-2004, 11:26 AM
I laugh at the people at horse shows who bought new 3/4 ton and 1 ton dodges with Hemis and justify it by saying "the diesel is too loud"...

i feel sorry for people stuck behind them when they have to pull that 4 horse trailer up even a small hill...

Nice truck pappy, are you gonna get a nice gooseneck quad hauler to go with it??

Pappy
12-04-2004, 11:47 AM
im buying a new equipment trailer soon so i can start doing odd jobs with my tractor etc. i love a gooseneck so we will see.

i traded in a hemi 2500 for the turbo diesel...no comparision ...this truck will yank yer teeth out..lol

my foot is letting me know its still broke. if i stop sudden and my foot slides inside my boot i damn near hit the ground:( i can still feel the bones grinding together..its sick:grr:

work folks...if ya want things then you work. i aint the smartest cookie in the jar but i aint afraid to hump till its done:macho

12-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Bush0102
I laugh at the people at horse shows who bought new 3/4 ton and 1 ton dodges with Hemis and justify it by saying "the diesel is too loud"...

i feel sorry for people stuck behind them when they have to pull that 4 horse trailer up even a small hill...
dont they want to get a more quiet truck for when they are pulling the horses so they dont get spooked?

Pappy
12-04-2004, 11:51 AM
my diesel is quieter pulling at 2500rpm then the hemi humping on flat ground at 4500rpm. the hemo is a turd and shouldnt be listed for pulling anything but its own weight. it makes a decent truck for a small trailer, but leave the pulling to a real truck:eek:

i never knew how bad my hemi was until i hitched up with this diesel....1000 times more truck

Bush0102
12-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
dont they want to get a more quiet truck for when they are pulling the horses so they dont get spooked?

sudden loud noises spook horses, usually they're pretty good in trailers. They usually cant even hear the engine back there. Passing cars and horns are louder. They are restrained in pretty small places so they cant hurt themselves unless they really try...

we had some friends who had their horse panic in the trailer and it wound up on its back with its leg all torn up...it rode like that for 3 hours.

exrider360
12-04-2004, 06:50 PM
when you gonna get some pics of your new truck pappy.

Ericthered rdr
12-04-2004, 08:36 PM
GD Pappy you are spending money quicker than my wife.

BTW good choice on the truck.. I almost bought one just like it a month before I got laid off. I guess the payment gods were on my side when I decided not to get it. I am back to work now and when I get my savings built up again I am gonna get the Dodge diesle.

cletusEX
12-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Don't waste your money on a Cummins, get a Powerstroke and you'll be good to go:D

popo
12-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by cletusEX
Don't waste your money on a Cummins, get a Powerstroke and you'll be good to go:D

Say what. How many recalls has the powepuke had for fuel injector problems.

Honda4trax250x
12-05-2004, 02:19 AM
Duramax:macho

Dave400ex
12-05-2004, 09:14 AM
I agree, Duramax/Allison!

Check this place out.
ATS Diesel Performance (http://www.atsdiesel.com/index.asp)

Pappy
12-05-2004, 11:04 AM
sorry duramax fans, i have a 3500 duramax at work and the doge pulls harder. i dont like the allison much either. i geuss its ok if it serves dual purpose...but my truck is all work no play....lol

Shawn H
12-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by popo
Say what. How many recalls has the powepuke had for fuel injector problems.

What you talking about willis?:huh
I work at Ford dealership and there is no recall for Injectors on either the 7.3 OR 6.0

I personally own a 6.0 and pull a 25 foot Camper/trailelr tow trailer and can wing down the road with it really fast. I know I got a 90mph in a 65. it can hual the mail easy.

The duramax is a nice truck but it does not compare at least My Father in laws dont and he will admit it.

The Dodge is nice I WORK on the Cummins alot they are in a TON of 24ft box trucks. There is a lot of problems with there Electrical and Injection pumps. Dont know how they are in a dodge they may have diffrent wiring harnessess?Still a very good motor though! Dodge;s ride IMO is not near the ride as a Ford.Not to sure about the Brand new ones though .Ny Ford is liek a caddy going down the road and its a 1 ton><

popo
12-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
What you talking about willis?:huh
I work at Ford dealership and there is no recall for Injectors on either the 7.3 OR 6.0

Every truck forum I have searched or read mentions over 7,000 6.0 PS motors recalled due to bad pilot injectors and blown turbo's.

Over 2,000 PSD have been bought back by Ford Motor and declared lemons.

Shawn H
12-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Early edition (brand new when they 1st came out) Had issues with the Turbo boost pressure sensor wiring harness bad! Has been corrected along time ago. I believe the recall was due to the wiring harness not injectors! 7000 is all? Like I said they were the very first ones that rolled off the line.

The problem was International made this motor and had there OWN harness that was flawless. Ford had to get there stinking hands on it and change it and thats were the problem came from. It has since been fixed!

As far as the Injectors have not heard of such a thing:rolleyes:

There has been at least 3 maybe 4 new Reprograms that have came out for the 6.0 since it first came out. I update mine everytime a new 1 comes out :blah:

Every truck has there Flaws just like fo wheelas and you have to pick one you like and can deal with.

I was a Chevy guy but since I get almost 10 grand off a Loaded Ford I buy a Ford! :D