PDA

View Full Version : The College Football Thread

Bush0102
12-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Well, the BCS sucks.

as a UT student, i've come to accept the fact that Auburn is going to roll over us this weekend, mainly because our two starting QBs are hurt.

However, Auburn is a fellow SEC school, so i'm going to go for them after they beat us. Personally, i think they would whoop the hell out of USC...those prettyboy California teams are wayyy overrated. Oklahoma is going to stop them in the national championship. You cant beat those southern and midwestern farm boy teams....

so how is everyone else's team doing? what are your opinions?

I personally think the NCAA needs to go to a top-10 playoff system and keep bowls for the lower ranked teams.

Ok, i'm off to party, see yall in the morning!

redlineranger
12-03-2004, 08:05 PM
oklahoma are some lucky punks...... they play 1 triple a teams and get points in bcs and auburn has played georgia and alabama the last couple weeks and havent got hardly any points...... it so stupid...... im auburn fan and im pullin for auburn but i can see tennessee ruining auburns title hopes:(

Bush0102
12-03-2004, 08:08 PM
everyone around here is like oh man Tennesee has never lost a game when the opponent is favored by double digits...we're gonna win!

hahahaha yeah right. we're talkin about the best team in the country here fellas.

Auburn is gonna suck next year though. Carnell Williams is going to be drafted by the Dolphins. Hopefully he won't turn out like Ricky Williams....

Cadillac is their entire team...

However, UT is a young team. We'll win a natl championship in the next 4 years....

redlineranger
12-03-2004, 08:12 PM
yea auburn will suck next year....... most of their defense is comin back next year tho so defense shuldn't be to bad.......... cadillac wont do nuthin his first year of nfl....... he'll go in big headed like he did first half of the iron bowl and get his transmission jammed in reverse:p

400exrules
12-03-2004, 08:13 PM
WAHOOO!

quadchick3
12-03-2004, 08:14 PM
my uncle is the head coach of University of Cincinnati (UC) this is his first year. We ended our season 6-5 and we're playing Marshall on Dec 23 at the fort worth bowl in TX. should be an interesting game....

Bush0102
12-03-2004, 08:14 PM
well if you think about it not to many College football standouts do well in the NFL...

there are a few exceptions, though...notably a certain UT alum by the name of Peyton Manning :D

UT alums who are NFL standouts:

Peyton Manning
Peerless Price
Jamal Lewis
Albert Haynesworth
John Henderson
Donte Stallworth
Leonard Little
Travis Henry
Jabari Greer
Kelly Washington
Eric Westmoreland
Rashad Baker
Julian Battle
Cedrick Wilson

redlineranger
12-03-2004, 08:15 PM
oh and cadillac aint the only part of the team..... ronnie brown is a the bulldozer that gets cadillac close enough to score....... and jason campbell is a heck of a quarterback...... and defense.... junior rosegreen is the best cornerback in college football in me opinion......so cadillac aint the only part of auburn

remlapr
12-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3
my uncle is the head coach of University of Cincinnati (UC) this is his first year. We ended our season 6-5 and we're playing Marshall on Dec 23 at the fort worth bowl in TX. should be an interesting game....

As a hard-core Louisville fan, Please apologize to him for me for the *** whooping last weekend :devil: :devil:

The final score was 70-7 for those that don't know :eek: :eek:

Bush0102
12-03-2004, 08:31 PM
rofl..yall laid the smack down! what is lousiville ranked? 9th?

sorry, but you would get spanked by most big conference teams. Still, you earned your BCS computer ranking. What bowl are you guys playing in?

I think UT is playing in either the Capital One or the Cotton Bowl

Hondadudeehhhh
12-03-2004, 08:43 PM
lets just say that michigan is the luckiest team in the big ten :eek2:

oldsandman
12-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
Well, the BCS sucks.

However, Auburn is a fellow SEC school, so i'm going to go for them after they beat us. Personally, i think they would whoop the hell out of USC...those prettyboy California teams are wayyy overrated. Oklahoma is going to stop them in the national championship. You cant beat those southern and midwestern farm boy teams....

California teams are overated!?!

National Rankings:

USC #15 offense #2 scoring defense #8 quaterback #7 rusher all purpose

Cal #5 offense #4 scoring defense #4 rusher #5 quaterback

Auburn #26 offense #1 scoring defense #35 rusher #3 QB

Okla #6 offense #8 scoring defense #6 rusher #6 QB

Don't look too "overated" to me if anything looks pretty close.

remlapr
12-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
rofl..yall laid the smack down! what is lousiville ranked? 9th?

sorry, but you would get spanked by most big conference teams. Still, you earned your BCS computer ranking. What bowl are you guys playing in?

I think UT is playing in either the Capital One or the Cotton Bowl

Yeah, we would probably loose to the top three, but beyond that I think we could give them a game. We're in the Liberty Bowl in Memphis, our rooms are already booked and we sent in our ticket request yesterday. It's on new years eve during the day and the party will be on Beal Street that night for new year's. This is the third time in 5 years going to the Liberty bowl and it's always a huge party and good times :devil:

Fred55
12-03-2004, 11:31 PM
The Badgers were doing very good up until 3 weeks ago :(

tamehart
12-04-2004, 12:41 AM
PSU hasn't been good for the past couple years. Next year is looking up. Sounds like we got some good recruits and our team will be a little older and more experienced. The most important thing here...our fans...only reason to go to games...

tamehart
12-04-2004, 12:42 AM
From last game of the season...at least we ended on a good note.

dbsbl1
12-04-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm a U of Illinois fan...

Yeah so basketball has started...we whooped the chit out of Wake Forrest...the then no. 1 team...

That tell you anything?

And the BCS sucks. Auburn is better than both of the teams ahead of them. Preseason polls.

clover
12-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Auburn is the best team out there,i bet you USC or Oklahoma couldn't beat Tenn,Ga,Ala,LSU,Miss, in the same season.Tenn,Ga,and LSU are all in the top 15 and if Auburn gets to play USC in the Nat'l Champ, I bet you Auburn wins by atleast 10.But i'm a Tennessee fan and i hope for a big upset today.

Bush0102
12-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by oldsandman
California teams are overated!?!

National Rankings:

USC #15 offense #2 scoring defense #8 quaterback #7 rusher all purpose

Cal #5 offense #4 scoring defense #4 rusher #5 quaterback

Auburn #26 offense #1 scoring defense #35 rusher #3 QB

Okla #6 offense #8 scoring defense #6 rusher #6 QB

Don't look too "overated" to me if anything looks pretty close.

S-C-H-E-D-U-L-E
USC's notable opponents who were ranked at one point this season:
Virginia Tech (Higest rank: 11)
Cal(highest rank: 4)
Arizona State (highest rank: 21)
9 Unranked Teams

Cal Played
USC (#1)
Arizona State (#21)
10 Unranked Teams

Oklahoma Played
Texas (Highest rank: 4)

Auburn Played:
LSU (Highest Rank: 3)
Florida (Highest Rank: 11)
Georgia (Highest Rank: 5)
Tennessee (Highest Rank: 8)
8 Unranked

Auburn would completely roll over USC and Cal. They are probably capable of beating Oklahoma as well, but at least it would be a good game.

Bush0102
12-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by clover
Auburn is the best team out there,i bet you USC or Oklahoma couldn't beat Tenn,Ga,Ala,LSU,Miss, in the same season.Tenn,Ga,and LSU are all in the top 15 and if Auburn gets to play USC in the Nat'l Champ, I bet you Auburn wins by atleast 10.But i'm a Tennessee fan and i hope for a big upset today.

as a fellow fan and student, i can definately say that the vols dont have a prayer...

Bush0102
12-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Got 108.000?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/pbc301f0b38bf35c93079be04fb8ab0d7/f605ef2f.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid149/p151beda894ba0e8361bbc4c35ff43e26/f605ef2b.jpg

Extremeracer167
12-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Pitt's gonna whoop up on Utah. And u can garuntee we are gonna have a HUGE party to celebrate!:D

MotoX3
12-04-2004, 12:31 PM
i live in iowa so i mainly support them....there doing pretty good....i also like my longhorns:macho

oldsandman
12-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Bush:
Tell your great Auburn team to get going and put Tenn. away I don't want them dropping in the rankings!

Bush0102
12-04-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm a TN fan, not an auburn fan...well now i'm going for auburn now that the season is over.

I dont know if you saw the graphic they put on the screen, but they showed the teams' strength of schedule. USC was ranked 31st, Oklahoma was ranked 29th, and Auburn was ranked 9th.

oldsandman
12-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Looks like it will be USC vs. Oklahoma. Auburn left out, really a shame for a quality undefeated team. The BCS sucks big time! Your Vols played well tonight.

Bush0102
12-04-2004, 10:19 PM
I know! I actually thought we might have had the chance for an upset! Gerald Riggs embarrassed Cadillac tonight...but Jason Campbell had one hell of a game. In my opinion, he deserves the Heisman.

The BCS is screwing a ton of teams over. Auburn at least gets the sugar bowl, but it makes no sense that they are playing #10 VT while #5 Texas is getting left out of the BCS bowls. #23 Pittsburgh is even in a BCS bowl...this is madness! I know its a conference deal, but the best teams should be playing because they are the best, regardless of their conference.

I say keep the BCS ranking system, and have a playoff bracket among the top 10 teams...and do it where #10 plays #1, #9 Plays #2, and so on...just like the NHL. Then take the rest of the teams and have bowl invites to make them feel special

dirtyboy88
12-04-2004, 10:35 PM
i totally agree but im happy UT lost, now i get to rub it in all my friends face's:D

K_Fulk
12-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by quadchick3

I wondered if you were related to him. Its not like there a bunch of dantonios running around.

Zwanter
12-05-2004, 10:09 AM
bush you seem like more of a mellow Tenn. fan. most fans i know would be making up all kinds of excuses as to why they lost. but yeah im an auburn/alabama fan lol. im not a huge football fan so i just pull for both and whoever does the best at the end of the season i pull for.

Bush0102
12-05-2004, 11:56 AM
i grew up a florida fan...lol. maybe that's why im not so intense of a UT fan, but don't get me wrong- i love my vols.

LsMxRaCeR
12-05-2004, 06:38 PM
oklahoma!!!! :devil:

Zwanter
12-05-2004, 07:21 PM
haha oh that makes sense. i hate this BCA bs.............i think auburn could stomp oklahoma or USC. too bad we're gonna suck next year.:(

redlineranger
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
oklahoma and usc sucks........... bcs overrates them............ let them come to jordan-hare stadium and auburn will sho them sum football............ it shuld be auburn againt usc for the title

Zwanter
12-06-2004, 10:27 AM
THANK YOU :macho

zephead400ex
12-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger
oklahoma and usc sucks........... bcs overrates them............ let them come to jordan-hare stadium and auburn will sho them sum football............ it shuld be auburn againt usc for the title

So they suck because they are overrated:confused:

I agree, Auburn does deserve a shot at the National Championship. They aren't palying for it because of pre-season "forcast" on how they would do throughout the year. So, because they weren't "forcasted" to be as good as they are, the team suffers and does not get the bid for a National Championship.

BCS need a good doucheing!

TheMachine
12-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Auburn would get thrashed by OU. They would whip USC though. That's why OU will be the next national champions.:D