PDA

View Full Version : help! WHERE IS 400EX MAIN JET

mach5racing4
12-03-2004, 07:56 PM
i have my quad all apart and i feel like a moron, were is the main jet? i am installing a jet kit, the needle is all set and all i need to do is install the main jet but i cant find it, help me out please!!!

JRP
12-03-2004, 08:07 PM
on my 300, my main jet is by my float bowl. jus remove the carb then take it apart and there it is. pm me 4 more details.:cool:

mach5racing4
12-03-2004, 08:53 PM
still havin trouble, anyone know anything, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

velocityatv
12-03-2004, 09:00 PM
You have to take the carb off the quad. on the bottom you'll have a cupped plate called the bowl. It has four phillips head screws that hold it down. Be carful with these screws, they're a little soft and like to strip if forced to hard. Taking the bowl off you find the main jet threaded in the middle of the body. remove then reinstall the jet.

nosliw
12-03-2004, 09:40 PM
to get the main jet out you don't need to take the carb off.... there is a 17mm(i think) thing on the bottom of the carb you take off and then the mainjet can be taken out with i think an 8mm..... i think.

cals400ex
12-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by nosliw
to get the main jet out you don't need to take the carb off.... there is a 17mm(i think) thing on the bottom of the carb you take off and then the mainjet can be taken out with i think an 8mm..... i think.

you are correct but the mainjet is 6mm. also, if the whole needle jet assembly comes out with the mainjet it will be easiest to get it back in by taking the whole bowl off.