PDA

View Full Version : What else can i do????

got sand?
12-03-2004, 01:01 PM
i just bought a 05 trx400ex and i'm going to buy a pipe for it but i was just wondering what else can i do to the quad to make it faster??? ( i dont want to spend a lot of money)

LazeR
12-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by got sand?
i just bought a 05 trx400ex and i'm going to buy a pipe for it but i was just wondering what else can i do to the quad to make it faster??? ( i dont want to spend a lot of money)

K&N Filter, remove air box lid (make sure you rejet even when you put on the pipe) also a cam is only around $100

got sand?
12-03-2004, 01:15 PM
why do i need to remove the air box lid????
can i remove it even if i dont have a k&n filter????

PunkA$$
12-03-2004, 01:22 PM
why do i need to remove the air box lid????
can i remove it even if i dont have a k&n filter????

You don't need to remove your airbox lid, but it makes for much better throttle response. You also don't need a K&N filter to remove the airbox lid, but you may want to look into a better flowing filter. I use UNI and it works good. I know the White Bros. powerfilter works good too! Whatever you do make sure you jet it AFTER you remove the lid.

got sand?
12-03-2004, 01:26 PM
what i need to re jet it after removing the lid??? why???

sorry but i dont know anything about doing stuff to the motor :ermm:

wilkin250r
12-03-2004, 01:51 PM
what else can i do to the quad to make it faster??? ( i dont want to spend a lot of money)

Impossible. I want to bench 350lbs, but I don't want to work out all the time. It's not going to happen.

cals400ex
12-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Impossible. I want to bench 350lbs, but I don't want to work out all the time. It's not going to happen.

maybe for you it won't happen. :blah:

mojoe2878
12-04-2004, 05:03 AM
what i need to re jet it after removing the lid??? why???

sorry but i dont know anything about doing stuff to the motor :ermm:
you need to rejet because with out the air box lid you will be pulling more air into the motor which means you will need more fuel with all that extra air, thus the rejet.
anytime you add another mod like a exhaust you will need to rejet to compensate for it. if you add a better flowing exhaust you need to rejet, then if you remove the air box lid later you will need to rejet again to compensate for that also.
if you do both at the same time you can rejet to compensate for both of them the first time.
if you dont rejet when you put add ons that increase the air flow in or out of the motor or increase the bore size or something then you will have a lean running motor which will over heat quickly and been a non-running motor before long.

sikblak400
12-04-2004, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

i might reword that somehow. i workout regularly but have missed some time and came back after 5 weeks and still benched over 350. but its also a good point you made.

as of the 400ex, cam, air filter, pipe, rev box, sparks timing advanced key, ---if 100 to 215 $$ is for you then just get it bored and put a piston in it. you really dont nned to go all out strocker right away. i didnt yet and my bike still is pretty badass. (lol key word (YET)

sikblak400
12-04-2004, 05:14 AM
if you want i also have an alum air box for sale if you are interested in that. it re locates your battery and stator.